Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Quran & Sunnah
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Quran & Sunnah
Message Icon Topic: Is the Qu'ran perfect? Post Reply Post New Topic
Dingobat4

Starter.
Starter.

Online Status: Offline
Quote Dingobat4 Replybullet Topic: Is the Qu'ran perfect?
    Posted: 20 February 2014 at 8:17am
Just to ask the Muslims on this board. What is the stance in Islam on The supposed perfection of the Qu'ran, is it impossible for it to have mistakes within. Also is the Qu'ran supposed to be dictated directly from Allah to Mohammed (pbuh). Any and all answers are appreciated :)
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 21 February 2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Dingobat4

Just to ask the Muslims on this board. What is the stance in Islam on The supposed perfection of the Qu'ran, is it impossible for it to have mistakes within. Also is the Qu'ran supposed to be dictated directly from Allah to Mohammed (pbuh). Any and all answers are appreciated :)

Of course the Quran cannot and does not have mistakes.  If it did, it would not be the word of God. 

The Quran was dictated to Muhammad (peace be upon him) by the angel Gabriel.  Gabriel is Allah's messenger. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Lachi
Male 

Quote Lachi Replybullet Posted: 22 February 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by islamispeace

Of course the Quran cannot and does not have mistakes. If it did, it would not be the word of God. The Quran was dictated to Muhammad (peace be upon him) by the angel Gabriel. Gabriel is Allah's messenger.

Does this mean that Allah guided the hand of all those who copied the Qu'ran in the early years of transmission? Are there no copies of the Qu'ran deemed to be corrupt by scholars, or are all copies that have ever existed equally perfect?
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Lachi

Originally posted by islamispeace

Of course the Quran cannot and does not have mistakes.  If it did, it would not be the word of God.  The Quran was dictated to Muhammad (peace be upon him) by the angel Gabriel.  Gabriel is Allah's messenger. 

Does this mean that Allah guided the hand of all those who copied the Qu'ran in the early years of transmission? Are there no copies of the Qu'ran deemed to be corrupt by scholars, or are all copies that have ever existed equally perfect?

Dingobat was asking, I think, whether the Quran can have mistakes like false statements.  The answer to that question is no.

Scribes are only human, so they are capable of making mistakes such as with spelling.  We do find such minor errors in the manuscripts of the Quran.  This is normal and expected. 

Allah has promised to protect the Quran from corruption.  This has been fulfilled since there is no difference in the way the Quran has been read since it was first revealed.  Also remember that millions of Muslims have memorized the Quran throughout Islamic history, from the time of the Prophet to now.  So even with the minor errors that may have occurred during the copying process by scribes, the Quran remains the same as it always was.  The manuscripts prove this fact.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version