Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Stories - How I Became Muslim?
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Stories - How I Became Muslim?
Message Icon Topic: The Most Unlikely Woman Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Maria Joćo

Online Status: Offline
Quote Maria Joćo Replybullet Posted: 31 October 2005 at 2:25pm

Thank you all so much. I find support in all of you, just reading what you have to say. One little thing can cheer up someone's day, and those days when I am depressed, I just read all of your comments. Thank you so much, and may Allah reward all of you.

Maria

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 01 November 2005 at 4:45pm
As-salaam alaikum sister and congratulations on your reversion.  Alhamdulillah!  May Allah (swt) bless you always.

Walaikum as-salaam.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
herjihad

Senior  Member

Quote herjihad Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2005 at 4:44pm

Bismillah,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful, brave story! Merci!. Gracias! Shukran!

Where in America do you plan to live?  We could tell you what it's like in different parts of America. Just generally, I would either pick a big city, if you can stand the noise or even maybe like it, because they have large communities of Musliims; or a city with a university because they have small but connected communities of Muslims to give you the loving support you need, hopefully!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
IP IP Logged
Maria Joćo

Quote Maria Joćo Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2005 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by herjihad

Bismillah,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful, brave story! Merci!. Gracias! Shukran!

Where in America do you plan to live?  We could tell you what it's like in different parts of America. Just generally, I would either pick a big city, if you can stand the noise or even maybe like it, because they have large communities of Musliims; or a city with a university because they have small but connected communities of Muslims to give you the loving support you need, hopefully!

Thanks for asking about that, as I am not sure where to live. I am thinking Dallas, Texas. The climate is nice there, similar to Portugal's. And I've heard that the Muslim community there is strong and diverse. Is it a good choice?

Maria

Edited by Maria Joćo
IP IP Logged
herjihad

Senior  Member

Quote herjihad Replybullet Posted: 02 November 2005 at 7:01pm

Bismillah,

I think it is.  I lived in San Antonio, and it was lovely.  The rent is high in Dallas, but they had a Muslim school for children last I heard. 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
IP IP Logged
Maria Joćo

Quote Maria Joćo Replybullet Posted: 08 November 2005 at 2:09pm
OK, then. Thanks so much for the information, herjihad - I needed that from an American who has actually been to Dallas.
IP IP Logged
KateRN1

Quote KateRN1 Replybullet Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:53pm

Hi, Maria:

I can vouch for the Arabic/Muslim population in Dallas--some very nice people there.  However, I would think long and hard about moving to that area as it was devastated by the effects of Hurricane Katrina.  Many refugees relocated to Dallas and the prices and unemployment have risen dramatically since summer.

If you are interested in the mid-west at all, Kansas City and Tulsa are both nice (and no hurricanes), both with beautiful mosques and Muslim population.

What kind of work are you planning to do in the US?  Do you have a sponsor?

Kate

IP IP Logged
Maryga

Quote Maryga Replybullet Posted: 01 January 2006 at 9:28pm

Assalam-alaikum Maria

MashaAllah! What a wonderful story! Truly you have sought the truth and Allah has chosen you and guided you. May He make your path full of peace and Happiness, Ameen! I do hope you meet and marry someone just as strong as you are.

I wish you had chosen Australia though! Here it is so quiet & peaceful and none of that rat race that I hear about. If ever you change your mind and want to know anything about Australia - the lucky country downunder please do write to me and InshaAllah I shall try my best to help you.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version