Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: JESUS (S0 PREACHED THE COMING OF THE QURAN (ISLAM) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Al Saadiqeen21

Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2014 at 7:07am
Originally posted by neil

Dear Al Sdqn

You've missed the point.

I AGREE with you on the OT

The NT is a different matter.

It would be better if you could condense your reply down and make you point/s succinctly.

Is stoning adulterers, as still practised in Islam violence or retribution?

Regards

Neil

Some of you christian are so funny , You always want to tell other what to do , The Old / New Testament is full of Evil your God does to people .

Whenever you want to attack Islam , Use the Qur'aan to back of your cliam . Just like I show you the Evil your God does in your Scriptures ok .Also I don't read website link's , Website are for those who don't have any knowldge of their own Scriptures .  Overstand
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

IP IP Logged
neil

Groupie
Groupie

Quote neil Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2014 at 3:02pm
dear untruthhas come

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he
answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you

The Kingdom of God is WITHIN you.

So that puts paid to your proposition that the Kingdom of God is the coming of the Quran.

Agree with me.

Regards

Neil                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2014 at 3:32pm
Neil,
you said about violence in your reply to Al Saadiqeen that "I agree with you on the OT, The NT is a different matter."
Yet as a Christian don't you believe them to be from same source, from same God? OT, and NT makes the "
Bible" You name you kids after those who are part of this violence in the OT. How do you explain the contrast?

From " Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." 1Samuel 15:3
To "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."Matt 5:39
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 22 January 2014 at 3:35pm
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
neil

Groupie
Groupie

Quote neil Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2014 at 3:39am
Dear Honeto

Not all covenants God has made belong to all times:
there's the Edenic covenant,
covenant made with Noah,
...with Abraham,
the Mosaic covenant,
the New Testament covenant that Christ makes with His disciples

The Mosaic covenant is in the flesh: it involves physical actions and behavour - similar to Muslim obligations.

War with one's enemies was physical and brutal, to the death...to defend possession of The Promised Land that God had given them.

In the NT Paul says:
Eph 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The Christian's battle is a spiritual one with the Lord of Sin, Satan.
A Christian has real, actual, ongoing, conscious fellowship with God ...until SIN overtakes him.
Then, like Adam, he falls from grace, fellowship with God.

The key to this obedience to the commands and examples as lid out in the New Testament.

It is a SPIRITUAL battle not physical.

Matt 5:39 I will deal with when I come back to my house again

Regards

Neil

Edited by neil - 23 January 2014 at 1:30pm
IP IP Logged
neil

Groupie
Groupie

Quote neil Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2014 at 1:47pm
Dear Honeto

With regards to Matthew 5:39 :

Christianity is to reflect the nature of Jesus who reflects the nature of God.

That aspect is essentially forgiveness.

When Adam fell ALL mankind from then on had No fellowship with God.
However, when people repent of their sins and bring the correct sin-offering to Him in faith, He forgives and they are restored back in to fellowship with Him.

The sin-offering is the blood of Christ.

It works! Before I didn't but now I do experience the presence of God Almighty.

Unfortunately for Muslims,who have been taught that Jesus never died on the Cross, there can be no restoration back in to fellowship with God.

I am not being patronising, but I feel a sorrow that you have locked yourself out from this wonderful blessing.

Can I be of any other assistance?

Regards

Neil
IP IP Logged
neil

Groupie
Groupie

Quote neil Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2014 at 2:45pm
Dear Al Sdqn

So, what evil does God do in the NT?

Is this short enough and direct enough?

Regards

Neil
IP IP Logged
Al Saadiqeen21

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2014 at 6:10am
Judges 11:29-40 Where Its States , So Jephthah led his army against the Ammonites, and the LORD gave him victory.  He thoroughly defeated the Ammonites from Aroer to an area near Minnith twenty towns and as far away as Abel-keramim. Thus Israel subdued the Ammonites.  When Jephthah returned home to Mizpah, his daughter his only child ran out to meet him, playing on a tambourine and dancing for joy.  When he saw her, he tore his clothes in anguish.  "My daughter!" he cried out.  "My heart is breaking!  What a tragedy that you came out to greet me. For I have made a vow to the LORD and cannot take it back."  And she said, "Father, you have made a promise to the LORD.  You must do to me what you have promised, for the LORD has given you a great victory over your enemies, the Ammonites.  But first let me go up and roam in the hills and weep with my friends for two months, because I will die a virgin."  "You may go," Jephthah said. And he let her go away for two months.  She and her friends went into the hills and wept because she would never have children.  When she returned home, her father kept his vow, and she died a virgin.  So it has become a custom in Israel for young Israelite women to go away for four days each year to lament the fate of Jephthah's daughter." 

1 Kings 13:1-2 Where It States ; At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice.  Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar!  This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David.  On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you."

2 Kings 23:20-25 Where It States ; He [Josiah] executed the priests of the pagan shrines on their own altars, and he burned human bones on the altars to desecrate them.  Finally, he returned to Jerusalem.  King Josiah then issued this order to all the people: "You must celebrate the Passover to the LORD your God, as it is written in the Book of the Covenant."  There had not been a Passover celebration like that since the time when the judges ruled in Israel, throughout all the years of the kings of Israel and Judah.  This Passover was celebrated to the LORD in Jerusalem during the eighteenth year of King Josiah's reign.  Josiah also exterminated the mediums and psychics, the household gods, and every other kind of idol worship, both in Jerusalem and throughout the land of Judah.  He did this in obedience to all the laws written in the scroll that Hilkiah the priest had found in the LORD's Temple.  Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses.  And there has never been a king like him since 

Ezekiel 21:33-37 , Where It States ; As for you, son of man, prophesy: Thus says the Lord GOD against the Ammonites and their insults: A sword, a sword is drawn for slaughter, burnished to consume and to flash lightning, because you planned with false visions and lying divinations to lay it on the necks of depraved and wicked men whose day has come when their crimes are at an end.  Return it to its sheath!  In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you.  I will pour out my indignation upon you, breathing my fiery wrath upon you, I will hand you over to ravaging men, artisans of destruction.  You shall be fuel for the fire, your blood shall flow throughout the land.  You shall not be remembered, for I, the LORD, have spoken. 

Judges 21:10-24 Where It States ;
So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children.  "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin."  Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives.  But there were not enough women for all of them.  The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel.  So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead?  There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever.  But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem.  They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards.  When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife!  And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding.  Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'"  So the men of Benjamin did as they were told.  They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance.  Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them.  So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

IP IP Logged
neil

Groupie
Groupie

Quote neil Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2014 at 2:05pm
Dear Al Sdqn

Since when were you put in place to judge God and who appointed you?

Is not God sovereign?
Have you not read the Law of Moses?
Did not Uzzah die when he touched the Ark of the Covenant

Lev 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Do you condemn God in the OT, yet applaud Allah for directing the stoning of such in Iran and Saudi Arabia even today?

Do you have double standards?

Is not the story of Jephthah but a type and shadow of Jesus being sacrificed?

Have you not read:
Lev 20:22 Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out?

God had and has given the land promised to Abraham and his decendants. When Israel is attacked God defends them.
2Ch 20:22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children
of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
2Ch 20:23

For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly
to slay and destroy them: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every
one helped to destroy another.

It's God's plan.
The multiple deaths of those who oppose God's plan then mirrors the myriads of people who deny God's plan today.

Did not Christ say:

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to
destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be
that find it.

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

The true Christian knows he is saved, he is destined to have eternal life.
The Muslim man, hopes for the best, but doesn't know his destiny for certain, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Neil

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version