Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Christmas and Muslims Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
muhamedthufail
Male Islam
Starter.
Starter.

Online Status: Offline
Quote muhamedthufail Replybullet Topic: Christmas and Muslims
    Posted: 25 December 2013 at 2:30am
Asalam alaikkum ,

My name is Muhammed Thufail, Am from India.
Recently i had a talk with one of my friends whom told me that its "shirk" to wish christmas. I just want to make sure if its true. Please be kind to tell me the reason and do point me out to an Hadith or Sura.

Thank you,
IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 26 December 2013 at 7:31am
Walecum As Salaam, first of all I will explain u concept of Allah, in ch 112 v 1-4-Allah is one, he is eternal, he is neither born nor give birth, there is nothing like him.now if a person says merry Christmas means he is accepting that Allah had begotten son (nozbillah), Allah says in ch 19 v 88-92, they say Allah had begotten son if sky wud have emotions it cud have burst out, if earth wud have emotions it cud have burst out.moreover in islam there r 2 festivals only I.e 2 Eids.
IP IP Logged
Mylife20
 Islam
Starter.
Starter.

Quote Mylife20 Replybullet Posted: 01 January 2014 at 10:50pm
Christmas is supposed to be about Prophet Jesus's birth. If it were it wouldn't be a problem only in that its forbidden for muslims because we aren't supposed to favor one prophet over another.

On the flip side lets face it Christmas isn't even about Jesus it's actually got pagan roots. Therefore, it's celebration the tree and other traditions I believe are haram. Christians know this for the most part and obviously know it's wrong but do it anyway.

It's not halal to wish someone well in doing an ill-deed its encouraging them to do wrong.
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 04 January 2014 at 3:26pm
It is true, Christmas means celebration of birth of Christ. And almost all Christian sects profess that either Jesus or Christ is son of God, or God.
Catholic go more far. In their Christmas celebrations they have a reenactment of the whole scene. Beside the statues of Mary and many others, there is 'baby Christ' which they also refer to as 'baby god'. Each person present take the baby god in their hands and kisses it and passes it along.
I think it is OK to say "happy holidays" to be on the safe side to friends and family that are Christians but certainly not Mary Christmas.
I have no problem wishing people 'Happy New Year".
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 04 January 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by honeto

I think it is OK to say "happy holidays" to be on the safe side to friends and family that are Christians but certainly not Mary Christmas.
Hasan

Greetings Hasan,

This made me smile. Smile
Christians do not say 'Mary Christmas'...
they say 'Merry Christmas'...
as in, I wish you joy at the birth of the Christ.

maybe it was just a typing error on your part...
but perhaps also, it may be part of what is at the heart of misunderstanding of the muslims about Christians?

Salaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 06 January 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Caringheart

Hasan
Greetings Hasan,This made me smile. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />Christians do not say 'Mary Christmas'...they say 'Merry Christmas'...as in, I wish you joy at the birth of the Christ.maybe it was just a typing error on your part...but perhaps also, it may be part of what is at the heart of misunderstanding of the muslims about Christians?Salaam and blessings to you,Caringheart

Haha, that made me laugh too. Certainly I must be tired and did this spelling mistake as I often do. But no change in what I meant about "Merry Christmas".
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
muhamedthufail
Male Islam
Starter.
Starter.

Quote muhamedthufail Replybullet Posted: 06 January 2014 at 9:31pm
Thank you all for Helping me to understand.
I guess i will just wish "Happy Holidays" instead of wishing them Merry Xmas ...
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 06 January 2014 at 10:11pm

Haha, that made me laugh too. Certainly I must be tired and did this spelling mistake as I often do. But no change in what I meant about "Merry Christmas".
Hasan

Greetings Hasan,

Just wanted to share another smile with you. Smile
I make typo's often too.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version