Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:
         

Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses
Message Icon Topic: What was the Race of The Prophet's Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
Al Saadiqeen21
 
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: 19 August 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 547
Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Replybullet Topic: What was the Race of The Prophet's
    Posted: 06 November 2013 at 10:28am
What was the Race of The Prophet's of the Scriptures . Clap
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

IP IP Logged
Al Saadiqeen21
 
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: 19 August 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 547
Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2013 at 5:52am
Still no answer hummmmm
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1872
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2013 at 9:39pm
Which "scriptures" are you referring to?  If you are talking about the Quran, then the answer to your question is that the "race" of the prophets were different.  Prophets from all races were sent to their own people, as the Quran states:

"To every people (was sent) a messenger: when their messenger comes (before them), the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged." (Surah Yunus, 10:47)
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Al Saadiqeen21
 
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: 19 August 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 547
Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Replybullet Posted: 22 December 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by islamispeace

Which "scriptures" are you referring to?  If you are talking about the Quran, then the answer to your question is that the "race" of the prophets were different.  Prophets from all races were sent to their own people, as the Quran states:

"To every people (was sent) a messenger: when their messenger comes (before them), the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged." (Surah Yunus, 10:47)
 
 
So tell me something if that case why are the same Prophet in the Holy Qur'aan are the same Prophet of the Holy Bible . From the same Blood line / Family Tree . Having the same  name Also .
 
The Holy Qur'aan 10 ; 47-54 Reavealed In The Year 620 , Yuwnus ( Jonah , Dove ) , Where It States , And I Quote ; For Every Kindred , There's A Rasuwl 
, Have You , Hypocrites Thought About The Source's Punishment , That Would Come Unto You .
 
Can you list the names of These Prophet's ( Pbut ) , That were sent to these Diffrent Races. By name , Also are their name's written in these Holy Books . Chapter & Verse Plzzz .
 
So according to you the Creator races , How sad . Cry 
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1872
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2013 at 7:11pm
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful...

So tell me something if that case why are the same Prophet in the Holy Qur'aan are the same Prophet of the Holy Bible . From the same Blood line / Family Tree . Having the same  name Also .
The Holy Qur'aan 10 ; 47-54 Reavealed In The Year 620 , Yuwnus ( Jonah , Dove ) , Where It States , And I Quote ; For Every Kindred , There's A Rasuwl 
, Have You , Hypocrites Thought About The Source's Punishment , That Would Come Unto You .
 
Can you list the names of These Prophet's ( Pbut ) , That were sent to these Diffrent Races. By name , Also are their name's written in these Holy Books . Chapter & Verse Plzzz .


There are certainly many prophets of the Bible that are mentioned in the Quran.  There are also others that are not mentioned in the Bible.  The Quran mentions the prophets Hud and Salih (pbut), who were sent to the Arab tribes of Ad and Thamud, respectively, and neither of which is mentioned in the Bible: 

"To the 'Ad people, (We sent) Hud, one of their (own) brethren: He said: O my people! worship Allah! ye have no other god but Him will ye not fear (Allah)?"" (Surah al-Araf, 7:65).

"To the Thamud people (We sent) Salih, one of their own brethren: He said: "O my people! worship Allah: ye have no other god but Him. Now hath come unto you a clear (Sign) from your Lord! This she-camel of Allah is a Sign unto you: So leave her to graze in Allah's earth, and let her come to no harm, or ye shall be seized with a grievous punishment." (Surah al-Araf, 7:73).


The Quran states clearly that Allah (swt) sent messengers to every nation.  Of course, it does not mention the names of every single one of these messengers.  In fact, it only names a handful, most of which are known from Biblical times. 

However, the Quran does name other people who were not necessarily prophets/messengers but who were nevertheless righteous people.  These people were neither Arabs nor Hebrews and are not mentioned in the Bible.  Examples are Hazrat Luqman and Hazrat Khidr.  According to the scholars of Islam, Luqman was an African and he was a righteous servant of Allah (swt).  He even has a surah named after him, where he is mentioned:

"We bestowed (in the past) Wisdom on Luqman: "Show (thy) gratitude to Allah." Any who is (so) grateful does so to the profit of his own soul: but if any is ungrateful, verily Allah is free of all wants, Worthy of all praise." (Surah Luqman, 31:12).

According to Ibn Kathir, there was a difference of opinion among the scholars of Islam as to whether Luqman was indeed a prophet or not, with the majority stating that he was not a prophet.  However, it is agreed that he was an African (more specifically, an Ethiopian):

"The Salaf differed over the identity of Luqman; there are two opinions: was he a Prophet or just a righteous servant of Allah without the prophethood The majority favored the latter view, that he was a righteous servant of Allah without being a Prophet. Sufyan Ath-Thawri said, narrating from Al-Ash`ath, from `Ikrimah, from Ibn `Abbas, "Luqman was an Ethiopian slave who was a carpenter." (Ibn Kathir, Tafsir on 31:12).

It should also be pointed out that while both the Quran and Bible mention Job (pbuh), the latter does not refer to him as a prophet.  The Quran, however, clearly states that he was a prophet:

"We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms." (Surah an-Nisa, 4:163).

The same applies to Ishmael (pbuh).  The Quran refers to him as a prophet, whereas the Bible denies him that title. 

So according to you the Creator races , How sad . Cry


I am not sure what you mean.  Did you mean to say that "the Creator is racist"?  If so, the answer if an absolute NO!  How can He be racist when He clearly states that He chose prophets from every nation, regardless of race?  How can be racist when He states in the Quran:

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)." (Surah al-Hujraat, 49:13).

And of course, in his Farewell Sermon, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) stated:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action." (Farewell Sermon)

So, there is no doubt that the Creator is not at all "racist", if that is what you meant.

And Allah knows best!



Edited by islamispeace - 23 December 2013 at 7:12pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Al Saadiqeen21
 
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: 19 August 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 547
Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2013 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by islamispeace

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful...

So tell me something if that case why are the same Prophet in the Holy Qur'aan are the same Prophet of the Holy Bible . From the same Blood line / Family Tree . Having the same  name Also .
The Holy Qur'aan 10 ; 47-54 Reavealed In The Year 620 , Yuwnus ( Jonah , Dove ) , Where It States , And I Quote ; For Every Kindred , There's A Rasuwl 
, Have You , Hypocrites Thought About The Source's Punishment , That Would Come Unto You .
 
Can you list the names of These Prophet's ( Pbut ) , That were sent to these Diffrent Races. By name , Also are their name's written in these Holy Books . Chapter & Verse Plzzz .


There are certainly many prophets of the Bible that are mentioned in the Quran.  There are also others that are not mentioned in the Bible.  The Quran mentions the prophets Hud and Salih (pbut), who were sent to the Arab tribes of Ad and Thamud, respectively, and neither of which is mentioned in the Bible: 

"To the 'Ad people, (We sent) Hud, one of their (own) brethren: He said: O my people! worship Allah! ye have no other god but Him will ye not fear (Allah)?"" (Surah al-Araf, 7:65).

"To the Thamud people (We sent) Salih, one of their own brethren: He said: "O my people! worship Allah: ye have no other god but Him. Now hath come unto you a clear (Sign) from your Lord! This she-camel of Allah is a Sign unto you: So leave her to graze in Allah's earth, and let her come to no harm, or ye shall be seized with a grievous punishment." (Surah al-Araf, 7:73).


The Quran states clearly that Allah (swt) sent messengers to every nation.  Of course, it does not mention the names of every single one of these messengers.  In fact, it only names a handful, most of which are known from Biblical times. 

However, the Quran does name other people who were not necessarily prophets/messengers but who were nevertheless righteous people.  These people were neither Arabs nor Hebrews and are not mentioned in the Bible.  Examples are Hazrat Luqman and Hazrat Khidr.  According to the scholars of Islam, Luqman was an African and he was a righteous servant of Allah (swt).  He even has a surah named after him, where he is mentioned:

"We bestowed (in the past) Wisdom on Luqman: "Show (thy) gratitude to Allah." Any who is (so) grateful does so to the profit of his own soul: but if any is ungrateful, verily Allah is free of all wants, Worthy of all praise." (Surah Luqman, 31:12).

According to Ibn Kathir, there was a difference of opinion among the scholars of Islam as to whether Luqman was indeed a prophet or not, with the majority stating that he was not a prophet.  However, it is agreed that he was an African (more specifically, an Ethiopian):

"The Salaf differed over the identity of Luqman; there are two opinions: was he a Prophet or just a righteous servant of Allah without the prophethood The majority favored the latter view, that he was a righteous servant of Allah without being a Prophet. Sufyan Ath-Thawri said, narrating from Al-Ash`ath, from `Ikrimah, from Ibn `Abbas, "Luqman was an Ethiopian slave who was a carpenter." (Ibn Kathir, Tafsir on 31:12).

It should also be pointed out that while both the Quran and Bible mention Job (pbuh), the latter does not refer to him as a prophet.  The Quran, however, clearly states that he was a prophet:

"We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms." (Surah an-Nisa, 4:163).

The same applies to Ishmael (pbuh).  The Quran refers to him as a prophet, whereas the Bible denies him that title. 

So according to you the Creator races , How sad . Cry


I am not sure what you mean.  Did you mean to say that "the Creator is racist"?  If so, the answer if an absolute NO!  How can He be racist when He clearly states that He chose prophets from every nation, regardless of race?  How can be racist when He states in the Quran:

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)." (Surah al-Hujraat, 49:13).

And of course, in his Farewell Sermon, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) stated:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action." (Farewell Sermon)

So, there is no doubt that the Creator is not at all "racist", if that is what you meant.

And Allah knows best!

 
No where in the Holy Qur'aan does it speak of Allah Senting Prophet's ( Pbut ) To Diffrent Races No Where
 
If so Show Us here chapter and verse where Allah himself say he sent his Prophet to other Races , Word for Word . Meaning I Allah sent this Prophet to the Black's / White's / Edomites .  Meaning this race or that race . to so and son
 
Using the word Black's / White's / Edomites . Chapter and Verse Only . Don't tell me anything some socalled Scholat's / Imaams / Sheikhs said , Who only writeing for these diffrent school of thought .
 
The verses your posting are speaking of All races as a whole , Not diffrent races .
 
Also if every one came from Adam / Eve . Why don't we all have the Same blood -line , Also why don't we all look alike . Also why did Allah / Yahuwa had to use a rib from Adam to created Eve . Couldn't he created Eve the same way he created Adam .
 
Remember you brought-up this race things , Not me . Like I said the Qur'aan / Bible have the same Prophet's Duhhhhhhhhh
 
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1872
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 25 December 2013 at 12:57pm
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful...

I am not going to get into a debate since it is obvious that you have several preconceived notions.  I have read some of your other posts and there is a commonality that I have noticed.  You open with a question and wait for an answer.  More often that not, you don't like the answer you are given, so you then proceed to answer your own question, casually brushing aside what anyone else says on your own authority.  This thread is no different.

However, I will point out some obvious weaknesses in your theory.

No where in the Holy Qur'aan does it speak of Allah Senting Prophet's ( Pbut ) To Diffrent Races No Where


Where on earth did you get this idea?  Did you not read my post?  The Quran states clearly:

"To every people (was sent) a messenger: when their messenger comes (before them), the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged." (Surah Yunus, 10:47)

If so Show Us here chapter and verse where Allah himself say he sent his Prophet to other Races , Word for Word . Meaning I Allah sent this Prophet to the Black's / White's / Edomites .  Meaning this race or that race . to so and son


Allah (swt) sent prophets to every nation.  That means exactly what it says.  Whatever the ethnicity of these nations, they were sent prophets form within their own communities.  Hence, to the tribe of Ad, Allah (swt) sent a fellow Adian, namely Hud (Surah 7:65).  To the tribe of Thamud, He sent a fellow Thamudian, namely Salih (Surah 7:73).  In fact, all prophets before Muhammad (pbuh) were sent to their own people, but Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to all mankind.

Using the word Black's / White's / Edomites . Chapter and Verse Only . Don't tell me anything some socalled Scholat's / Imaams / Sheikhs said , Who only writeing for these diffrent school of thought .
 

Well that's rich.  You conveniently brush aside what scholars have said so as to promote your own theories.  What authority do you have to do so? 

Since you sound so sure of yourself, perhaps you can tell us all who Hazrat Luqman was? 

The verses your posting are speaking of All races as a whole , Not diffrent races .
 

Do you mean to say that humans are part of the same race?  If so, I agree.  We are all humans, so we are part of the same "human race".  However, we still are from different tribes and nations, as the Quran states (Surah 49:13).  That is how Allah (swt) has created us.  We are a diverse race, with many ethnicities and colors.

Also if every one came from Adam / Eve . Why don't we all have the Same blood -line , Also why don't we all look alike . Also why did Allah / Yahuwa had to use a rib from Adam to created Eve . Couldn't he created Eve the same way he created Adam .


Why are you asking a question whose answer is known only to Allah (swt)?  Allah (swt) does what He wills.  Who are you to question how He does things?

Remember you brought-up this race things , Not me . Like I said the Qur'aan / Bible have the same Prophet's Duhhhhhhhhh


Huh?  You asked the question: "
What was the Race of The Prophet's of the Scriptures . Clap"

Remember???  Duhhhhhhhhh....

And if the Quran and Bible "have the same prophets", then show me where the Bible mentions the prophets Hud and Salih (pbut). 

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Al Saadiqeen21
 
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: 19 August 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 547
Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Replybullet Posted: 25 December 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by islamispeace

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful...

I am not going to get into a debate since it is obvious that you have several preconceived notions.  I have read some of your other posts and there is a commonality that I have noticed.  You open with a question and wait for an answer.  More often that not, you don't like the answer you are given, so you then proceed to answer your own question, casually brushing aside what anyone else says on your own authority.  This thread is no different.

However, I will point out some obvious weaknesses in your theory.

No where in the Holy Qur'aan does it speak of Allah Senting Prophet's ( Pbut ) To Diffrent Races No Where


Where on earth did you get this idea?  Did you not read my post?  The Quran states clearly:

"To every people (was sent) a messenger: when their messenger comes (before them), the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged." (Surah Yunus, 10:47)

If so Show Us here chapter and verse where Allah himself say he sent his Prophet to other Races , Word for Word . Meaning I Allah sent this Prophet to the Black's / White's / Edomites .  Meaning this race or that race . to so and son


Allah (swt) sent prophets to every nation.  That means exactly what it says.  Whatever the ethnicity of these nations, they were sent prophets form within their own communities.  Hence, to the tribe of Ad, Allah (swt) sent a fellow Adian, namely Hud (Surah 7:65).  To the tribe of Thamud, He sent a fellow Thamudian, namely Salih (Surah 7:73).  In fact, all prophets before Muhammad (pbuh) were sent to their own people, but Muhammad (pbuh) was sent to all mankind.

Using the word Black's / White's / Edomites . Chapter and Verse Only . Don't tell me anything some socalled Scholat's / Imaams / Sheikhs said , Who only writeing for these diffrent school of thought .
 

Well that's rich.  You conveniently brush aside what scholars have said so as to promote your own theories.  What authority do you have to do so? 

Since you sound so sure of yourself, perhaps you can tell us all who Hazrat Luqman was? 

The verses your posting are speaking of All races as a whole , Not diffrent races .
 

Do you mean to say that humans are part of the same race?  If so, I agree.  We are all humans, so we are part of the same "human race".  However, we still are from different tribes and nations, as the Quran states (Surah 49:13).  That is how Allah (swt) has created us.  We are a diverse race, with many ethnicities and colors.

Also if every one came from Adam / Eve . Why don't we all have the Same blood -line , Also why don't we all look alike . Also why did Allah / Yahuwa had to use a rib from Adam to created Eve . Couldn't he created Eve the same way he created Adam .


Why are you asking a question whose answer is known only to Allah (swt)?  Allah (swt) does what He wills.  Who are you to question how He does things?

Remember you brought-up this race things , Not me . Like I said the Qur'aan / Bible have the same Prophet's Duhhhhhhhhh


Huh?  You asked the question: "
What was the Race of The Prophet's of the Scriptures . Clap"

Remember???  Duhhhhhhhhh....

And if the Quran and Bible "have the same prophets", then show me where the Bible mentions the prophets Hud and Salih (pbut). 

 
Later for all your excuses
 
Show us according To the holy Qur'aan Where  all people of Earth have the same blood line . From Adam and Eve ??? Chapter & Verses Only
 
Show us according to Qur'aan  Allah sent diffrent Prophet's to diffrent Races of people such as Black's , Edomote , White by name only in the quraan . , And where did he sent these Prophet to . Chapter and verses only from the Qur'aan .
 
The Answer to your question , Is the meaning of the word Prophet .
 
prophet (n.) Look%20up%20prophet%20at%20Dictionary.com
late 12c., "person who speaks for God; one who foretells, inspired preacher," from Old French prophete, profete "prophet, soothsayer" (11c., Modern French prophète) and directly from Latin propheta, from Greek prophetes (Doric prophatas) "an interpreter, spokesman," especially of the gods, "inspired preacher or teacher," from pro- "before" (see pro-) + root of phanai "to speak," from PIE *bha- (2) "speak" (see fame (n.)).

The Greek word was used in Septuagint for Hebrew nabj "soothsayer." Early Latin writers translated Greek prophetes with Latin vates, but the Latinized form propheta predominated in post-Classical times, chiefly due to Christian writers, probably because of pagan associations of vates. In English, meaning "prophetic writer of the Old Testament" is from late 14c. Non-religious sense is from 1848; used of Muhammad from 1610s (translating Arabic al-nabiy, and sometimes also al-rasul, properly "the messenger"). The Latin word is glossed in Old English by witga.

Accoring to the meaning of the word Prophet Above and the people you name were prophet . rather in the Bible or Qur'ann .

 
I have no problem with Agreeing with people . You made a statement you can't back up with the Holy Qur'aan , Chapter & Verses . meaning you want to use verse that doesn't back up your cliam .
 
You say you have read some of my post , Then you should already know I don't make any cliam I can't Back up by useing The Scriptures .
 
Show us where Allah sent these diffrent race of people and their Prophet's
the place he sent them to according to the Qur'aan , Chapter & verses only . Meaning name these diffrent place's , You speak of , chapter & verses only .  
 
Trick's are for Kinds . I have also read some of you post , This is why I know you have No knowldge of what you Speak / Write .... Come Right or don't come at All
 
 


Edited by Al Saadiqeen21 - 25 December 2013 at 5:24pm
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed herein contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of IslamiCity. This forum is offered to stimulate dialogue and discussion in our continuing mission of being an educational organization.
If there is any issue with any of the postings please email to icforum at islamicity.com or if you are a forum's member you can use the report button.

Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com

Advertisement:



Sponsored by:
Islamicity Membership Program:
IslamiCity Donation Program  http://www.islamicity.com/Donate
IslamiCity Arabic eLearning http://www.islamiCity.com/ArabAcademy
Complete Domain & Hosting Solutions www.icDomain.com
Home for Muslim Tunes www.icTunes.com
Islamic Video Collections www.islamiTV.com
IslamiCity Marriage Site www.icMarriage.com