Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Canada's shameful silence on Egypt Post Reply Post New Topic
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote TG12345 Replybullet Topic: Canada's shameful silence on Egypt
    Posted: 14 August 2013 at 6:51am
In another show of brutality and bloodthirstiness, the Egyptian army moved against Muslim Brotherhood demonstrators camped out in Cairo, calling for the return of the country's democratically elected president. The army used teargas, rubber bullets, as well as live ammunition.

An Al Jazeera reporter at the scene counted 94 bodies, making laughable the government's claim that only 13 people died. According to the MB, hundreds of people were killed.

Some of the demonstrators defended themselves, and it seems that 8 members of the security forces died during their homicidal rampage.

There has been condemnation from countries in the middle east and Europe at the killings.

Global condemnation against Egypt violence - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

As a Canadian, I am ashamed by my government's silence, and the fact that Canada has not cut off all military and political ties with the murderers. We do not care about democracy in the middle east, and the shameful silence from Ottawa as a military regime is gunning down its own citizens in the street makes our claims to care about human rights across the world a sad joke.

May God bring justice and peace to the people of Egypt. May the murderers, and all across the world who support them, repent and stop their actions. May they turn to Christ for mercy and forgiveness. The blood of their victims cries out. And even if the world ignores it, God does not.
IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote Ron Webb Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by TG12345

As a Canadian, I am ashamed by my government's silence, and the fact that Canada has not cut off all military and political ties with the murderers.
As a Canadian myself: ditto.

But after all, we wouldn't want to upset our southern neighbours, would we?  And they haven't even acknowledged that a coup even took place, let alone the brutality of it. Ouch
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2013 at 9:17pm
Cairo (CNN) -- U.S. Sen. John McCain says this summer's ouster of former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy was "a coup,"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/06/world/africa/egypt-unrest
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 16 August 2013 at 6:24am
Originally posted by abuayisha

Cairo (CNN) -- U.S. Sen. John McCain says this summer's ouster of former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy was "a coup,"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/06/world/africa/egypt-unrest

I'm glad he found some honesty inside himself to state the truth.

It is ironic that it took a Republican senator to say this, given that the Republicans are the ones who invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. Of course, most Democrats at that time were behind them, and most of those who weren't are supporting the US occupations of these countries right now.

The US should immediately cut off all military and diplomatic support to the Egyptian army.
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 16 August 2013 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Ron Webb

Originally posted by TG12345

As a Canadian, I am ashamed by my government's silence, and the fact that Canada has not cut off all military and political ties with the murderers.
As a Canadian myself: ditto.

But after all, we wouldn't want to upset our southern neighbours, would we?  And they haven't even acknowledged that a coup even took place, let alone the brutality of it. Ouch

It is so pathetic and despicable and wrong.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version