Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Error in Quran and hadiths about Thamud Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 24 Next >>
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2013 at 7:27pm
Salaam Alaikum.
Originally posted by NABA

Qur'an says only religion acceptable in sight of Allah is Islam(ch 3 v 19),Allah says no religion is acceptable besides Islam(ch 3 v 85),so there is no question of another religion,but Allah says in ch 6 v 108-don't blame another religion because in ignorance its followers will disrespect Allah,moreover Allah says in ch 16 v 125-Invite to the way of lord with beautiful words and preachings and argue with them in best possible manner.

You didn't answer my question though. Is there a verse in the Quran stating "Hinduism is false"?

I ask because you demand that I show you a statement by Majeed Khan or other archaeologists that the Quran is false. I am asking you to adhere to the same standards that you expect of me and show me a verse from the Quran that states Hinduism is false.

again I will repeat 100 years after at my residence new generation will create malls does that mean my house never existed??everbody is applying this logic in this case except U!!!!!

The verse does not simply state that the Thamud built the houses, but it states that they are "abandoned" and "ruined", referring to them in the present form. Muhammad rode by these structures, and stated that they were the places where the Thamud lived.

These structures were built by the Nabateans between the 2nd century BC and 2nd century AD, not the Thamud before Moses.

Don't try to ascribe to me things that I did not say, it is dishonest to do such a thing. I didn't say that the Quran is wrong for saying that the Thamud carved homes out of rock. I am saying it is wrong in ascribing the stone tombs at Al Hijr by the Nabataeans to homes built by the Thamud.

.at quintessential brother Allah says in ch 88 v 21-22-give the message giving guidance is in hands of Allah but I feel very disgusted when someone attributes death to Allah.this is totally unacceptable.our prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said if U can't stop bad thing with ur hand at least stop with ur mouth,how can I keep silent when someone interferes with oneness of Allah.

Allah is one even as He is a Trinity, and even as He died on a cross.

You are putting limits on Allah, and suggesting there are things He can and can not do, in the process denying what He did for you on the cross.

That, my friend, is disgusting.

Edited by TG12345 - 16 September 2013 at 7:29pm
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2013 at 7:34pm
Salaam Alaikum.
Originally posted by iec786

Hinduism is false, Polytheism is the worship or belief in multiple deities usually assembled into a pantheon of gods and goddesses, along with their own religions and rituals.
The Quran says
Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,
112:2
Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
112:3
He neither begets nor is born,
112:4
Nor is there to Him any equivalent.

I made that argument in response to NABA's demand that I show a quote from archaeologists that the Quran is false.

Of course, according to the Quran, Hinduism is false. It is false according to my faith also.

We know this to be true from evidence from the Quran and Bible that clearly state there is one God who is our Creator and is to be worshiped and followed, not others.

We also know that archaeologists have discovered that the buildings at Al Hijr were built by the Nabataeans, not by the Thamud.

Now who is the Author of the Bible?

The Bible was written by men throughout the centuries, whom God inspired.

and did Jesus hear the word Christian?

Since God hears everything and Jesus is God, the answer is obviously yes. However, when He was on earth, the term "Christian" was not used.

Was Jesus a Christian????

Jesus is God. He is no more a Christian than Allah is a Muslim.

Edited by TG12345 - 16 September 2013 at 7:34pm
IP IP Logged
iec786

Quote iec786 Replybullet Posted: 16 September 2013 at 10:44pm
Greetings TG12345,not 6.

The Bible was written by men throughout the centuries, whom God inspired.Quoted Message

So How many men do you think wrote this Bible????I know that the first 5 books attributed to Moses were not written by Moses.Matthew,Mark,Luke and John were not written by them.These are all anonymous books.

Since God hears everything and Jesus is God

Jesus is God??? whoa,I beg to ask what type of a God was he ?a man God? a God man?a God that eats and drinks?? please explain.

Jesus did not hear the word Christian or Christianity nor did he subscribe to this three in one and one in three.called Trinity Jesus did not hear all these fancy misunderstood terms.

Have a good day   
IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2013 at 1:09pm
U r not following the teachings of Jesus Christ (pbuh) by believing in trinity, Jesus Christ (pbuh) said in various places in bible that our God is one yet u believe in trinity.a muslim is a person who follows commandments of Allah, u say bible is written by man Quran is the last revelation of Allah.y don't u mention about the kneeling place of she camelwhen u started the discussion, because u also believe inside that buildings were made by Thamud, ch 17 v 81 of Quran says when truth n false are in front of each other falsehood perishes.
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2013 at 8:48pm
Salaam Alaikum.

U r not following the teachings of Jesus Christ (pbuh) by believing in trinity, Jesus Christ (pbuh) said in various places in bible that our God is one yet u believe in trinity.

The Trinity = one God, who exists as three persons. You claiming that there is a contradiction between God being one and God being a Trinity merely shows that you misunderstand the Trinity. Not unlike ignorant Islamophobes who try to link jihad to September 11th.

Jesus said:

That those who have seen Him have seen the Father

John 14:7-10
7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also.[d] From now on you do know him and have seen him.” 8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

- That He and the Father are one
John 10:29-30
29 My Father, who has given them to me,[a] is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

- That He will judge the world
Matthew 25:31-49

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Jesus commanded people to baptize others in the name of the Father, Himself, and the Holy Spirit. This points to the fact that Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are one God.

Matthew 28:18-20
18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[b] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Several times in all of the Gospels, Jesus was worshiped by people. He never told them to stop worshiping Him.

There are numerous examples of this, one would be in Matthew 28:17
17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted

a muslim is a person who follows commandments of Allah, u say bible is written by man Quran is the last revelation of Allah.

The Bible was written by men who were inspired by God.

The Quran cannot be the last revelation of Allah, as you claim, or even a revelation from Him at all. It contains historical and scientific errors that make it clear that He is not its author, and what is worse, it tells people to obey Muhammad, some of whose teachings also contain various mistakes that are proof they did not come from God.

y don't u mention about the kneeling place of she camelwhen u started the discussion,

A. Because the Quran did not refer to it existing in the present form, like it refers to the houses that the Thamud allegedly carved out of rock.

and

B. There is no proof that the rock formation you describe was the kneeling place of the she-camel. Are you aware of the dating of it, to show that it was formed during the time of Salih? Can you show me any links to scholarly sources that claim the formation came around during the time of Salih, or that it was caused by a camel?

I am able to show you scholarly evidence that the homes in Al Hijr were built by the Nabataeans, not the Thamud.

and

C. Even if you could demonstrate that the rock formation is the kneeling place of the she-camel, the Quran would still be wrong in its reference to the structures at Al Hijr as the homes of the Thamud.

because u also believe inside that buildings were made by Thamud,

After having looked at scholarly, archaeological evidence, I am convinced that the buildings were made by the Nabataeans. The Quran made a mistake, as did Muhammad.

ch 17 v 81 of Quran says when truth n false are in front of each other falsehood perishes.

Agreed. This is why when we examine the Quran in light of history and science, it becomes very clear it was not written by God.

May He lead you to the Truth. Blessed be His Name.
IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2013 at 7:15am
read the commentary of John 10 29-30,father n I R one means that Jesus(pbuh) was saying in terms of love,care,it does not confer to deity which means divine status,visit biblegateway.com and read commentary of this verse.u quote me any statement that majeed khan said Qur'an contains error,I have shown U the appendix of m Yusuf Ali about kneeling place of camel.Allah says in ch 39 v 41-truth is in front of U accept it and b successful or either reject it and get astray.even ur own christian scholars are not supporting trinity concept.
IP IP Logged
iec786

Quote iec786 Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2013 at 10:18am
TG12345

If you open the King james version of the Bible at the back you will find alternate readings and renderings.In this back page of your Bible the Authors of the Bible tells us that 1 john 5:7-8 are to be omitted.The reson given is that this verses are not found in the most ancient manuscripts.These verses are fabricated and interpolated in the Bible hense you are asked by the authors of the Bible to throw it out as a fabrication.
Ismail
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2013 at 9:22pm

Greetings TG12345,not 6.

Salaam Alaikum, iec786. I didn't add 6 because I can't really count that high and we are discussing theology, not mathematics. Wink

The Bible was written by men throughout the centuries, whom God inspired.Quoted Message

So How many men do you think wrote this Bible????I know that the first 5 books attributed to Moses were not written by Moses.Matthew,Mark,Luke and John were not written by them.These are all anonymous books.

I need to look more into exactly how many authors were involved. How do you know that the first 5 books were not written by Moses?
How do you know that the Gospels were not written by the men they are ascribed to? If they are anonymous, how can you prove who wrote or didn't write them?

The authors of the Bible don't really matter that much, what matters is the message they were writing down, which God inspired.

Who was the author or authors of the Quran? The obvious scientific and historical errors contained in its pages make it extremely clear that whoever it was, it wasn't God.

Since God hears everything and Jesus is God

Jesus is God??? whoa,I beg to ask what type of a God was he ?a man God? a God man?a God that eats and drinks?? please explain.

He was God who chose to come down in human form and live among people and teach them and die for them on the cross. I don't see why you find this so hard to accept. Do you believe God is unable to do such things?

Jesus did not hear the word Christian or Christianity nor did he subscribe to this three in one and one in three.called Trinity Jesus did not hear all these fancy misunderstood terms.

Jesus taught His disciples to baptize in the name (not names) of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He also said He and the Father are one, and those who have seen Him, have seen the Father.

Does the Quran have anything to say about the Trinity?

Have a good day   

You too.

Edited by TG12345 - 19 September 2013 at 4:06am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 24 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version