Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:
         

General Discussion
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Is IC Forum boring? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Author Message
Abu Loren
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1082
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Topic: Is IC Forum boring?
    Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:39pm
For days and days nothing just happens. May be part of the reason is that forum admin hold back all the posts so that they can vet each and every one delaying them.
 
Even the non-moderated sections are non involved. Somebody posts something and all you will get is about 10 or 20 views.
 
Who else thinks IC forum is boring?
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 December 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 766
Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren

For days and days nothing just happens. May be part of the reason is that forum admin hold back all the posts so that they can vet each and every one delaying them.
 
Even the non-moderated sections are non involved. Somebody posts something and all you will get is about 10 or 20 views.
 
Who else thinks IC forum is boring?


Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren.

I don't find it boring at all.

I am engaged in discussion with some very intelligent and courteous Muslims like Rational and 786SalaamKhan. They are able to ask some very deep and provocative questions about my faith and answer questions about what Islam without resorting to insults or personal attacks.

Maybe you will find it less 'boring' and you will discover that more people respond to things you have to say when you learn to act courteously and respectfully towards others on Islamicity, like most of it Muslim and non-Muslim posters do already.

For the most part, I try to ignore what you say since most of it, when directed towards me and other non-Muslims, comes in the form of insults. Sometimes I respond, but it is quite rarely. That's just me, though.

Try treating others with courtesy and respect and maybe more people will be willing to talk to you and you won't be so bored on here.


Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
IP IP Logged
nothing
 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 09 November 2008
Location: Andorra
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 417
Quote nothing Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren

Who else thinks IC forum is boring?


A bit something else involved. The birth of social networking really took a lot of active participants from the forum away. I am not not in any of them now but I've been with facebook and been with twitter and I think they also very quite.

A boring, yes it has something to do with it, yes some posts are really boring.

You know there was time when I could read a book for 3 to 4 hours non stop without a blink? so to speak. There was time when I could listen to audio tape one after the other without missing the error of the speaker involved as I was so tentative to what I did. There was time when I count the letters and words  in the Qur'an and found things that amazed me of it structure. There was time when I went from church to church from house to house from gathering to gathering just for debate. And I did those thing alone, there was no buddy walking along with me to cheer or to support. I believed in what I believe and no one need to nod me.

Yesterday while on meal break at work I read Chapter 23 for refreshing purpose, and I cracked some part of Chapter 24 too, as though I could see the mind of the author. I did not do it for heaven or hell or any spectator who cheers me or boo me, just me enjoying the Book in my hand, nothing else. Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free. You know this statement intrigue me when 1st time I read it? and hundreds more, God should know it than why asked?:

And what is that in your right hand, O Moses? (20:17)
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1082
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by TG12345

Originally posted by Abu Loren

For days and days nothing just happens. May be part of the reason is that forum admin hold back all the posts so that they can vet each and every one delaying them.
 
Even the non-moderated sections are non involved. Somebody posts something and all you will get is about 10 or 20 views.
 
Who else thinks IC forum is boring?


Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren.

I don't find it boring at all.

I am engaged in discussion with some very intelligent and courteous Muslims like Rational and 786SalaamKhan. They are able to ask some very deep and provocative questions about my faith and answer questions about what Islam without resorting to insults or personal attacks.

Maybe you will find it less 'boring' and you will discover that more people respond to things you have to say when you learn to act courteously and respectfully towards others on Islamicity, like most of it Muslim and non-Muslim posters do already.

For the most part, I try to ignore what you say since most of it, when directed towards me and other non-Muslims, comes in the form of insults. Sometimes I respond, but it is quite rarely. That's just me, though.

Try treating others with courtesy and respect and maybe more people will be willing to talk to you and you won't be so bored on here.


Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
 
I like insulting id people like you who come to debate about Islam without knowing anything about it. I know it is very unIslamic but people like you make my blood boil.
 
Pretty soon I will have to talk to myself on this forum.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1082
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by nothing

Originally posted by Abu Loren

Who else thinks IC forum is boring?


A bit something else involved. The birth of social networking really took a lot of active participants from the forum away. I am not not in any of them now but I've been with facebook and been with twitter and I think they also very quite.

A boring, yes it has something to do with it, yes some posts are really boring.

You know there was time when I could read a book for 3 to 4 hours non stop without a blink? so to speak. There was time when I could listen to audio tape one after the other without missing the error of the speaker involved as I was so tentative to what I did. There was time when I count the letters and words  in the Qur'an and found things that amazed me of it structure. There was time when I went from church to church from house to house from gathering to gathering just for debate. And I did those thing alone, there was no buddy walking along with me to cheer or to support. I believed in what I believe and no one need to nod me.

Yesterday while on meal break at work I read Chapter 23 for refreshing purpose, and I cracked some part of Chapter 24 too, as though I could see the mind of the author. I did not do it for heaven or hell or any spectator who cheers me or boo me, just me enjoying the Book in my hand, nothing else. Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free. You know this statement intrigue me when 1st time I read it? and hundreds more, God should know it than why asked?:

And what is that in your right hand, O Moses? (20:17)
 
Thanks bro...just answer the question. Lol
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 December 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 766
Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren

Originally posted by TG12345

Originally posted by Abu Loren

For days and days nothing just happens. May be part of the reason is that forum admin hold back all the posts so that they can vet each and every one delaying them.
 
Even the non-moderated sections are non involved. Somebody posts something and all you will get is about 10 or 20 views.
 
Who else thinks IC forum is boring?


Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren.

I don't find it boring at all.

I am engaged in discussion with some very intelligent and courteous Muslims like Rational and 786SalaamKhan. They are able to ask some very deep and provocative questions about my faith and answer questions about what Islam without resorting to insults or personal attacks.

Maybe you will find it less 'boring' and you will discover that more people respond to things you have to say when you learn to act courteously and respectfully towards others on Islamicity, like most of it Muslim and non-Muslim posters do already.

For the most part, I try to ignore what you say since most of it, when directed towards me and other non-Muslims, comes in the form of insults. Sometimes I respond, but it is quite rarely. That's just me, though.

Try treating others with courtesy and respect and maybe more people will be willing to talk to you and you won't be so bored on here.


Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
 
I like insulting id people like you who come to debate about Islam without knowing anything about it. I know it is very unIslamic but people like you make my blood boil.
 
Pretty soon I will have to talk to myself on this forum.

You have fun talking to yourself then.

When you decide to act like a respectful and mature human being, I am sure more people will start talking to you.

Until then, enjoy your monologue.

Peace in Christ. May you one day come back to Him.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1082
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2013 at 7:23am
Originally posted by TG12345



You have fun talking to yourself then.

When you decide to act like a respectful and mature human being, I am sure more people will start talking to you.

Until then, enjoy your monologue.

Peace in Christ. May you one day come back to Him.
 
All because I don't debate with a deaf, dumb and blind person like you....
 
Indeed Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) will bring peace on earth. Alhamdulilah.
 
I am already back o him as I believe he is a mighty prophet and the Messiah of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It's you who needs to come back.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 05 October 1999
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4350
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by nothing


 Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free.
 
Clap
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed herein contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of IslamiCity. This forum is offered to stimulate dialogue and discussion in our continuing mission of being an educational organization.
If there is any issue with any of the postings please email to icforum at islamicity.com or if you are a forum's member you can use the report button.

Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com

Advertisement:



Sponsored by:
Islamicity Membership Program:
IslamiCity Donation Program  http://www.islamicity.com/Donate
IslamiCity Arabic eLearning http://www.islamiCity.com/ArabAcademy
Complete Domain & Hosting Solutions www.icDomain.com
Home for Muslim Tunes www.icTunes.com
Islamic Video Collections www.islamiTV.com
IslamiCity Marriage Site www.icMarriage.com