Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: JESUS; I AM A MAN Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Mahdi The Seeke
Male 

Online Status: Offline
Quote Mahdi The Seeke Replybullet Posted: 13 April 2013 at 4:28am
funny how you have to invent 'prophetic tense' to make the Bible make sense.
IP IP Logged
Experiential

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Experiential Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke

funny how you have to invent 'prophetic tense' to make the Bible make sense.

No invention about it. As stated there is no such thing as tense in Hebrew grammar. In reality Hebrew verbs do not take past, present and future forms.

Here are some other examples of prophetic tense in the Tanak (Old Testament) for you-

Jeremiah 23:2, Amos 5:2, Isaiah 5:13, Isaiah 10:28-32, Isaiah 5:13, Isaiah 10:28-32, Jeremiah 4:23-26, Jeremiah 4:27-28 and Jeremiah 48:4

IP IP Logged
Experiential

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Experiential Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2013 at 3:40pm

psalm 110 is a royal psalm, if you know what that is. Get more information about the Psalms before you reply.

A Royal Psalm. Yes that’s correct, a Royal Psalm about the Messiah, not David.

As Ive pointed out to you a few times now, David never judged the nations or crushed the rulers of the whole earth 

He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead and crushing the rulers of the whole earth.  Psalm 110:6

This is obviously work of The Messiah, not David.

IP IP Logged
Experiential

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Experiential Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2013 at 3:41pm

Originally posted by Experiential

PSALMS, CHAPTER 110 A psalm of David. The LORD says to my lord: “Sit at my right hand, while I make your enemies your footstool.” The scepter of your might: the LORD extends your strong scepter from Zion. Have dominion over your enemies! Yours is princely power from the day of your birth. In holy splendor before the daystar, like dew I begot you. The LORD has sworn and will not waver: “You are a priest forever in the manner of Melchizedek.” At your right hand is the Lord, who crushes kings on the day of his wrath, Who judges nations, heaps up corpses, crushes heads across the wide earth, Who drinks from the brook by the wayside and thus holds high his head. * [Psalm 110> A royal Psalm in which a court singer recites three oracles in which God assures the king that his enemies are conquered (Ps 110:1–2), makes the king “son” in traditional adoption language (Ps 110:3), gives priestly status to the king and promises to be with him in future military ventures (Ps 110:4–7). Psalm 110 is about David.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Then why would David say The LORD says to my lord ?

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Also David was not even a priest in the manner of Levi (who was the ancestor of the Jewish priesthood) let a lone a priest in manner of Melchizedek

the firt LORD is God and the second David. This Psalm was not recited by David but by somebody else about David. God made David a priest in order of Melchizedek, who says being a levite is a requirement.

Firstly according to the Bible itself, Psalm 110 is a psalm of David, beginning –

“a Psalm of David”. Not a Psalm of  ‘somebody else’.

Secondly look how it reads The Lord says to  MY Lord … so how can David refer to himself as Lord when he says MY Lord ?

Thirdly commentators agree David wrote this Psalm and it was probably composed by David after the Prophet Nathan's prophesy. 2 Samuel 7, 1 Chronicles 17.

Fourthly, Isa himself (PBUH) in the Injil said David wrote it and what’s more, Jews of Isas day also believed David wrote it.-

"And as Jesus taught in the temple, he said, ‘How can the scribes say that the Christ is the son of David? David himself, in the Holy Spirit, declared, "The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet." David himself calls him Lord. So how is he his son?’ And the great throng heard him gladly." Mark 12:35-36

Isa is more qualified than you on this subject.

Fifth point being Ahimelech and Abiathar were actually the High Priests during the time of David. See Numbers 27.21.and I Samuel 21.1-6. Also Ira the Jairite was David's personal priest 2 Samuel 20:26. David was not in a priestly role.

You state God made David a priest in order of Melchizedek. However David never fulfilled the role of a priest. Not in the line of Levi or Melchizedek.

David was a King yes, but priest no.

You ask who says being a Levite priest was a requirement? Well God actually! 

See Numbers 3.12 -13.

IP IP Logged
Mahdi The Seeke
Male 

Quote Mahdi The Seeke Replybullet Posted: 17 April 2013 at 11:43pm
David wrote it. Look up 'royal psalm'

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 17 April 2013 at 11:44pm
IP IP Logged
Experiential

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Experiential Replybullet Posted: 19 April 2013 at 3:35pm

David wrote it. Look up 'royal psalm'
And back in your post dated 28 July you said David didn't write it ?????

Edited by Experiential - 19 April 2013 at 3:37pm
IP IP Logged
Mahdi The Seeke
Male 

Quote Mahdi The Seeke Replybullet Posted: 20 April 2013 at 12:34am

psalm 110 is a royal psalm, if you know what that is. Get more information about the Psalms before you reply.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">A Royal Psalm. Yes that’s correct, a Royal Psalm about the Messiah, not David.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">As Ive pointed out to you a few times now, David never judged the nations or crushed the rulers of the whole earth<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>–

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead and crushing the rulers of the whole earth.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Psalm 110:6

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">This is obviously work of The Messiah, not David.

it is a royal psalm about David written by David.
IP IP Logged
Experiential

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Experiential Replybullet Posted: 21 April 2013 at 5:42am

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">A Royal Psalm. Yes that’s correct, a Royal Psalm about the Messiah, not David.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">As Ive pointed out to you a few times now, David never judged the nations or crushed the rulers of the whole earth<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>–

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman"><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead and crushing the rulers of the whole earth.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>Psalm 110:6

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">This is obviously work of The Messiah, not David.

it is a royal psalm about David written by David.
And this is what you said on 28 July. I am quoting you -
"This Psalm was not recited by David but by somebody else about David."
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version