Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: well behaved non believer vs bad behaved believer Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
nirvana

Online Status: Offline
Quote nirvana Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2013 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Caringheart

Originally posted by nirvana

you are no different than people since the beginning of time. that is why there is some form of religion in every culture all over the world. people use it as an explanation for things they do not understand or to give them comfort that this world/life carries more meaning than an elephant's/lion's. i do not know if God exists for sure because He has never revealed Himself to me.

There are thousands of religions and sects. They all believe that they are the only ones who have found the truth and will be saved and all those who donít believe in what they believe will not be saved. So what do you do? You canít believe in any god and be saved. You must believe in the right God. How do you know which god is the real McCoy and which ones are counterfeit? You have to use your reason. But when you use your reason you canít believe in any god. The belief in God is based on faith not reason.

Now I have said it time and again that I am not against the belief in God. In fact if I could believe in God I would. Unfortunately I canít.

If you want to believe in a god ask yourself which qualities are more godly and which ones are not. Will God be loving or vengeful?

When you believe in God you can be manipulated by any Tom, Dick and Harry who succeeds to make you believe that they have a message for you from God.

Let reason be your guide. We all have been endowed with enough reason to find our way. Assuming God exists, reason says that if you live an ethical life and donít hurt others He will be pleased with you even if you never believed in Him. This is my wager. I believe in doing the right thing and living by the Golden Rule. I donít do to others what I donít like myself. And I can bet that even if there is a God he is wise enough and loving enough to not send me to hell for not believing in him. He does not give a damn whether we worship him or not. His self-esteem does not depend on the belief or disbelief of his creatures. If He exists, he probably cares about whether we have been good to others or not.

I have been telling people about the Golden Rule. I have been saying all along that beliefs donít matter, what matter are our deeds.

I do not promote evil and do not condone it. If God exists, I assume he must be wiser than me. If so, I bet He will give a hoot about our beliefs and whether we praise him or not. He will judge us by our deeds. Donít harm others. If God exists, that is all he cares about. He does not care about our beliefs.
Greetings Nirvana,I wonder, If you don't believe in a Creator, do you have thoughts on how life came to be, and do you have any concept of what is the purpose for life?† Is there any thing after this life?Thanks,Caringheart
1.A creator could exist but I do not know for sure.
2.everybody can choose what their purpose of life is.
3.i do not know if there is anything after this life. we probably rot and disappear.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi

Tks for the compliment Caringheart.

Greetings Nur_Ilahi,

You are quite welcome. Heart

I remembered something you had said;

"Many new Muslims converted to Islam after reading his biography. They become humbled after knowing how he put others before him and how he showed the best example of a human being. "

and I wanted to ask, which Biography, do yo know?
I asked once before on the forums if someone could recommend a biography to read.  Apparently Ghandi read one.  Do you happen to know which biography that might have been?  I am having trouble to find out. 
Someone did recommend the one written by Karen Armstrong but I have only been able to get her book on Islam itself, not the biography of Muhammad... yet anyway.  Smile   I try to get my books from the library.  Don't have lots of money to be spending.  Embarrassed  The biography's I have read(on-line) about Muhammad do not show him in the perfect light that some seem to see him in.  I've seen alot of good things but they are right there along with alot of bad things.
Thanks,
Caringheart

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Webber

Quote Webber Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2013 at 10:30pm
Be careful with the interpretation of this verse. Muslims like it because Jesus mentions another coming after Him.They don't look at the text any closer.

"43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive." (these words were spoken by Jesus long before Muhammad came)

Did Muhammad come in his own name?
Check what verse 44 says;
How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 

Does that sound like Muhammad to you?

Jesus was talking about a false prophet, not Muhammad.

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 17 February 2013 at 5:12am
Salam Caringheart.

Whatever book you read on Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, first of all have an open heart and an open mind. InshaAllah (God willing) you will see the the world in a totally different perspective after reading it.

You may want to check it here. http://www.mysticsaint.info/2012/08/best-biography-prophet-muhammad-english.html

Edited by Nur_Ilahi - 17 February 2013 at 5:19am
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 17 February 2013 at 5:19am
shall come in his own name, him ye will receive"

Originally posted by Webber

Does that sound like Muhammad to you?
Jesus was talking about a false prophet, not Muhammad.

If it was not Prophet Muhamamd, did they receive the false prophet?
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
IP IP Logged
Salaam_Erin
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Salaam_Erin Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2013 at 9:00am
When Muslims claim a Bible passage is about Muhammad then they are saying that the passage is authentic.  So, Muslims need to ponder on these points Jesus made about the Messenger to come after Him:

In verse 17 Jesus says that the Messenger will be invisible, that His disciples already knew the Messenger who lived with them (this is AD 33 remember) and would be in them.  So the Messenger is invisible, was alive in AD 33, the disciples knew Him and He had the power to live inside them. 

In verse 26 the Father will send the Messenger in Jesus' Name.  (As in on Jesus' authority.) 

In the same verse the Messenger is to remind the disciples of everything that Jesus taught them. 

In John 15:26 Jesus says HE Himself would send the Messenger- from the Father.  So Jesus and the Father will jointly send the Messenger. 

Jesus says the Messenger will bring glory to Jesus.  (John 16:14)
I know the textual history of this passage, and I can assure you it has not been doctored.  It is as John wrote it.  Since this is so, and Muslims regard it as authentic, ask yourself a question.  Is the Holy Spirit, the Messenger, Muhammad, or someone else? 
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 19 February 2013 at 6:27pm
Salam Erin,

I cannot forget the words that I read from one of the late Ahmad Deedatís book. "The Bible is a compilation of Godís words, The Prophetís words and the bulk of it are the words of a historian/scholars."

How do we base this? We base this on the Final Testament from Allah Our Creator Ė Alquran.
Originally posted by Salaam_Erin

Jesus says the Messenger will bring glory to Jesus.† (John 16:14)

In the Quran The Messenger relayed the message from God and glorify Jesus as a Prophet -
"Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (5:75).

May the blessings of Allah be with you.

IP IP Logged
Kristin
Female Christian
Starter.
Starter.

Quote Kristin Replybullet Posted: 20 February 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi

Originally posted by nirvana

who goes to heaven.
this is for all christians and muslims people. will the most compassionate/honest/polite hindu/Buddhist go to hell while the most treacherous/lying/rude/murderous etc muslim/christian goes to heaven?

In Islam the worst of a Muslim is still better than the best of a non Muslim. What is the reason? Because even how bad that Muslim is, he still believes that there is no other God worthy of being worshipped but Allah and Prophet Muhammad is His Messenger. That person even though goes to hell at first, he would one day be transferred to heaven due to the Mercy of Allah Ar-Raheem Most Merciful.

While the best of a non-Muslim is still considered a kafir if he does not acknowledge that Allah the Creator of all the universe is the God worthy of being worshipped. But still we cannot do any judgement by ourselves. Allah is Al-Aleem (All Knowing) He knows what is in the heart of each and every one of His Creations.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version