Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Apostle Paul Post Reply Post New Topic
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Topic: Apostle Paul
    Posted: 21 January 2013 at 3:05pm
I am interested to know about the muslim objection to Paul, as I can't see where Paul ever taught anything that ought to be objectionable to muslim teaching.  Those who speak against Paul, I ask, how well they know Paul and what he taught.  Have they read what he has written?

Rational wrote:
Jesus taught that God is ONE, Pauline theology pioneered the Trinity
Jesus taught OT law, Paul negated it
Jesus taught accountability, Paul taught justification of faith
Jesus taught he was son of man, Paul taught Jesus was son of God
Jesus said pray to God, Paul said pray to Jesus
Jesus taught he was an ethnic prophet not sent but for the lost sheep of israel, Paul taught that Jesus was a universal prophet

These sound like things that have been heard said, but has anyone ever investigated by reading the writing of Paul, and reading the words of Jesus?

- Can anyone show me where it is Paul, and Paul alone, who puts forth the trinity doctrine, and where he ever says that God is not one... be sure to read and compare with what Jesus said of Himself.
- Can anyone show me where Paul negates the old testament law
- Paul does not remove accountability.  Can anyone show where they think he does
- Where does Paul say pray to Jesus?
- Paul did not teach anything Jesus did not say.  When Jesus first sent out the apostles, while they were still new, and while He was still with them... He first sent them out by two's, to the lost sheep of Israel, but

14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Salaam,
CH

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version