Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: ALL Christians will go to HELL Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 22 Next >>
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2013 at 1:42am
Empiricist & TG12345

Very bold and crusading words from two people who are heading straight for HELL.
IP IP Logged
Rational

Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:50pm
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Originally posted by TG12345

Yes, you are correct. One God exists as three persons. The Son was volunarily making Himself inferior to the Father. God was voluntarily making Himself inferior to God.

Thanks.

God the Son while He was on earth was not able to act without God the Father.

Ok.

Do Muslims believe Jesus called God "Father"? Do you call Allah your "Father"? Was Jesus His Son? Are you one of His sons?

No. You misunderstood. It's common for people to call their seniors "father" out of respect. When I read about Jesus saying "father", i see it as him saying this out of respect and not the literal meaning.

Yes. He is referring to the Father, who along with Him and the Holy Spirit is one God.

Ok thanks.

Yes. He knew the Father would forsake Him and allow Him to die.

Ok.

It does, and you yourself have admitted this later in your response. I will show you where.

I admit that Allah is God and Jesus is His messenger.

None of these passages refute that Jesus is God.

Ok thanks.

Nowhere in the Bible did Jesus say "I am not God" or "do not worship me". Nowhere in the Bible is it written "Jesus is not God" or "Jesus is not to be worshiped".

Ok.

You demanded me to show you a passage from the Bible where Jesus said "I am God, worship me". I have shown you passages where He said things that He would only say if He claimed to be God... and you concurred on this, as I will show later on.

"I am God, worship me", indeed Jesus never said it.

If you challenged me to show you a passage where Jesus said "I am God, worship me", I challenge you to show me a passage where Jesus said "I am not God, do not worship me". You are unable to show such a passage.

That's ok you don't need to challenge me.

There is also no evidence in the Bible tor refute the claim that Jesus is God.

Ok then. Let's brush all those verses under the carpet where they belong.
(Mark 10:18, John 17:3, John 20:17, John 14:28, John 10:29, John 5:30, Revelation 3:12, Matthew 27:46, Matthew 12:28, luke 11:20, Matthew 6:9-13, Matthew 26:39, John 7:16, John 14:24, John 12:49, John 4:34, John 6:38, Luke 22:42, John 8:42, Mark 13:32, Matthew 24:36, John 7:16)

Then show me a passage from the Quran where it says "God is better than Satan" or Allah said "I am better than Satan", as you demanded I show you a passage from the Bible where Jesus said "I am God, worship me".

I don't think you understood. Why should I if no one is denying this? There is no evidence to refute this. So no need to bother. Unlike your claim, where even Christians are disagreeing with you that Jesus is God, and those Christians are using the bible against you, not the Quran. I've seen two Christians on this forum alone, using the bible to refute that Jesus is God. There is evidence in the bible but you continue ignoring it.

Both are extremely clear from reading and understanding the Bible and Quran respectively.

You failed to see the difference.

Using your logic, that God would never choose to let people come to a conclusion about Him themselves and there is no ayah that states He is better than Satan, then are you saying people will be allowed to excuse themselves on the Day of Judgement by saying they didn't know He is better than Iblis?

God tells muslims that He is God and we should worship Him and only Him. This is the main part of the message. He then leaves the rest to us. If we obey, then on that day we're ok. If we disobey, then on that day we're not ok, because God told us the message. But for you, you're excused because Jesus never told you he is God and you should worship him. So there is no requirement in worshiping him.

You said that Muhammad did not say he shared glory with God before the world existed, that he did not claim he will judge the nations, that those who have seen him have seen God and that he and God are one, because, in your words, he is a messenger and not God.

If he was God, he surely would have said he will judge the world. He surely would have said that those who have seen him have seen Allah, and that he and Allah are one.

Yet he did not, because these are things only God would say.

These are things that Jesus said in the Gospels.

You said that the Bible does not say Jesus is God:

"Because most Christians insist that Jesus is God and to be worshiped despite the fact that the bible doesn't say it. "

However, at the same time, you acknowledge that the reason that Muhammad in the Quran and hadiths did not say the things that Jesus said in the Bible was because he is not God.

You have just admitted that the Bible says that Jesus is God, because He said things that a messenger would not say since a messenger is not God.

As the saying goes "desperate times call for desperate measures".

This doesn't prove that Jesus is God. That might be your criteria by relying on vague statements that allude to him being God, but not me, that doesn't satisfy me. All I said was "because he is a messenger and not God". Does this mean that if the messenger (pbuh) said these things, I would automatically believe him to be God? No. People like you might, but not me. I'm not as gullible as you are. It might be suggesting that he is God, doesn't mean I should believe that he is. He never said he was. My criteria is this, He identifies Himself as God and instructs us to worship Him. The Quran fulfils this criteria and more. You're not required to worship Jesus because he never instructed you to worship him.

And you forget what I said after:
"If the bible states that Jesus said he will "judge the nations and decide who goes to heaven and hell", then I wouldn't believe those words to be his."

Because Jesus (alaihi as-salam) wouldn't say this. That's why I don't trust the bible. It's plagued with misinformation and contradiction.

If Jesus was God, he would have said it directly and people would have made a note of it. Jesus would have instructed you to worship him. But it's not there. That's why I showed you the verses in the Quran where God makes it clear that He is God and to worship Him. Jesus did not do this. Did he? Jesus never told you to worship him. Did he? What part of that don't you understand? Doesn't this make you suspicious? No? Seriously, you don't' find it odd? Your prepared to devote your entire life to worshiping Jesus without him telling you to?

Every time you pray to Jesus, remember that you're doing this even though he didn't tell you to. Every time you call his name, remember that he never told you he is God. You can even say it in your prayer,

"O Jesus, you are God, even though you didn't say it. O Jesus, I worship you, even though you didn't tell me to"

You can say it every night and see how you feel.

You've been warned:

"We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers." (151)

"Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin." (48)

"Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly gone far astray."
(116)

"Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers." (72)

Yet a misunderstanding of the royal "We" that God uses in the Quran could lead one to mistakenly believe that Muslims believe there are two Gods. Similarly, a misunderstanding of the nature of God as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that the Bible teaches could lead someone to mistakenly believe that God has MPD or that Christians believe in more than one God.

It's not the same. Stop confusing yourself.

Why did it take Him 124,000 attempts before He was able to send a mseenger whose message and holy book has not been forgotten or tampered with?

Why not preserve the first message to begin with, and not allow it to be changed?

Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) can do anything He wishes, 'Be' and it is. I told you previously, if He had wanted to guide everyone from the start, He (subhanaho wa ta'ala) could have done so. I even cited the ayeh where Allah (azza wa jall) says this. This means that He didn't even need a single message to guide us, not even a first message. But our Creator chose to send us the message bit by bit. Why? I attempted to give my take on this previously (pasted below). I'm interested to know your beliefs of what happened.

Rational said:
"This is a good question. And maybe one of the muslim brothers or sisters can jump in on this. What I can say is this, we know and believe that the divine message from Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) was sent to us incrementally, bit by bit, through various prophets, over time, to different people. The message was constantly corrupted and people would repeatedly deviate from the true message sent to them. We know many of these occurrences and the prophets that had to endure them. Some prophets had scriptures and some didn't. But as we know it was a common trend for the message to get corrupted throughout history. And through those events of deviation and corruption, the next message can take that lesson and teach it to the next generation. In other words, those events in history serve as a warning, a lesson and example to learn from. This is the wisdom behind it in my opinion. So now we reach to the final prophet and his message from Allah. Why is God preserving this final message? Because if it was not preserved, it would have the same fate as all the other messages throughout history, it would eventually get corrupted and people would once again deviate, and that would mean complete loss of hope for us until the end of time. The last message had to be preserved by Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala). And Allah knows best.
"

والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Edited by Rational - 01 February 2013 at 2:11pm
الله
IP IP Logged
Rational

Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2013 at 6:55pm

Originally posted by Rational

Salaam Alaikum, Rational.

God both died as the Son and stayed alive as the Father and Holy Spirit.

But did the One God die?

He simultaneously died and stayed alive at the same time. This is something us human beings are incapable of doing, much less beginning to understand. Fortunately, God is not one of us.

God was alive and dead at the same time?

Na'am. (Yes)

So for how long was God the Living Dead?
الله
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 01 February 2013 at 8:48am

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Peace to you as well.

Yes, you are correct. One God exists as three persons. The Son was volunarily making Himself inferior to the Father. God was voluntarily making Himself inferior to God.

Thanks.

Afwan. You are welcome.

God the Son while He was on earth was not able to act without God the Father.

Ok.

Do Muslims believe Jesus called God "Father"? Do you call Allah your "Father"? Was Jesus His Son? Are you one of His sons?

No. You misunderstood. It's common for people to call their seniors "father" out of respect. When I read about Jesus saying "father", i see it as him saying this out of respect and not the literal meaning. 

I understand what you are saying. Do you call Allah your "father"? Did Muhammad do this? Is God called "the Father" in your mosque?

Yes. He is referring to the Father, who along with Him and the Holy Spirit is one God.

Ok thanks.

Yes. He knew the Father would forsake Him and allow Him to die.

Ok.

It does, and you yourself have admitted this later in your response. I will show you where.

I admit that Allah is God and Jesus is His messenger.

OK, thanks.

None of these passages refute that Jesus is God.

Ok thanks.

Nowhere in the Bible did Jesus say "I am not God" or "do not worship me". Nowhere in the Bible is it written "Jesus is not God" or "Jesus is not to be worshiped".

Ok.

You demanded me to show you a passage from the Bible where Jesus said "I am God, worship me". I have shown you passages where He said things that He would only say if He claimed to be God... and you concurred on this, as I will show later on.

"I am God, worship me", indeed Jesus never said it.

Not using these exact words. He has however said things about Himself that would be only true of God.

If you challenged me to show you a passage where Jesus said "I am God, worship me", I challenge you to show me a passage where Jesus said "I am not God, do not worship me". You are unable to show such a passage.

That's ok you don't need to challenge me.

You challenged me, so I don't see why I shouldn't pose a challenge to you. Smile

There is also no evidence in the Bible tor refute the claim that Jesus is God.

Ok then. Let's brush all those verses under the carpet where they belong.
(Mark 10:18, John 17:3, John 20:17, John 14:28, John 10:29, John 5:30, Revelation 3:12, Matthew 27:46, Matthew 12:28, luke 11:20, Matthew 6:9-13, Matthew 26:39, John 7:16, John 14:24, John 12:49, John 4:34, John 6:38, Luke 22:42, John 8:42, Mark 13:32, Matthew 24:36, John 7:16)

No one is advocating brushing them under the carpet (except you). They are in the Bible, and have been inspired by God like everything else that is in it. They simply do not say what you claim they are saying ie that Jesus is not God.

Then show me a passage from the Quran where it says "God is better than Satan" or Allah said "I am better than Satan", as you demanded I show you a passage from the Bible where Jesus said "I am God, worship me".

I don't think you understood. Why should I if no one is denying this? There is no evidence to refute this. So no need to bother.

Do you believe Allah is better than Satan?

Unlike your claim, where even Christians are disagreeing with you that Jesus is God, and those Christians are using the bible against you, not the Quran. I've seen two Christians on this forum alone, using the bible to refute that Jesus is God. There is evidence in the bible but you continue ignoring it.

There are Muslims who use the Quran to refute the belief held by most other Muslims that the hadiths are Muhammad's sayings and that one needs to follow them.

http://www.quranic.org/

I do not ignore anything in the Bible. I have addressed those passages you pasted on here and have shown you they do not state that Jesus is not God. 

Both are extremely clear from reading and understanding the Bible and Quran respectively.

You failed to see the difference.

No, it is you who are misinterpreting the Bible and fall into the same mistakes that many Islamophobes make, but about Christianity. No offence intended.

Using your logic, that God would never choose to let people come to a conclusion about Him themselves and there is no ayah that states He is better than Satan, then are you saying people will be allowed to excuse themselves on the Day of Judgement by saying they didn't know He is better than Iblis?

God tells muslims that He is God and we should worship Him and only Him. This is the main part of the message. He then leaves the rest to us. If we obey, then on that day we're ok. If we disobey, then on that day we're not ok, because God told us the message. But for you, you're excused because Jesus never told you he is God and you should worship him. So there is no requirement in worshiping him.

So as long as you worship only God, is it ok to believe believe He isn't better than Satan?

You said that Muhammad did not say he shared glory with God before the world existed, that he did not claim he will judge the nations, that those who have seen him have seen God and that he and God are one, because, in your words, he is a messenger and not God.

If he was God, he surely would have said he will judge the world. He surely would have said that those who have seen him have seen Allah, and that he and Allah are one.

Yet he did not, because these are things only God would say.

These are things that Jesus said in the Gospels.

You said that the Bible does not say Jesus is God:

"Because most Christians insist that Jesus is God and to be worshiped despite the fact that the bible doesn't say it. "

However, at the same time, you acknowledge that the reason that Muhammad in the Quran and hadiths did not say the things that Jesus said in the Bible was because he is not God.

You have just admitted that the Bible says that Jesus is God, because He said things that a messenger would not say since a messenger is not God.

As the saying goes "desperate times call for desperate measures".

This doesn't prove that Jesus is God. That might be your criteria by relying on vague statements that allude to him being God, but not me, that doesn't satisfy me. All I said was "because he is a messenger and not God". Does this mean that if the messenger (pbuh) said these things, I would automatically believe him to be God? No. People like you might, but not me. I'm not as gullible as you are. It might be suggesting that he is God, doesn't mean I should believe that he is. He never said he was. My criteria is this, He identifies Himself as God and instructs us to worship Him. The Quran fulfils this criteria and more. You're not required to worship Jesus because he never instructed you to worship him.

And you forget what I said after:
"If the bible states that Jesus said he will "judge the nations and decide who goes to heaven and hell", then I wouldn't believe those words to be his."

Because Jesus (alaihi as-salam) wouldn't say this. That's why I don't trust the bible. It's plagued with misinformation and contradiction.

One of your assertions was that the Bible doesn't say Jesus is God. I showed you some things He said in it and you said Muhammad wouldn't say them because he was only a messenger, not God.

If Jesus was God, he would have said it directly and people would have made a note of it. Jesus would have instructed you to worship him. But it's not there. That's why I showed you the verses in the Quran where God makes it clear that He is God and to worship Him. Jesus did not do this. Did he? Jesus never told you to worship him. Did he? What part of that don't you understand? Doesn't this make you suspicious? No? Seriously, you don't' find it odd? Your prepared to devote your entire life to worshiping Jesus without him telling you to?

I am prepared to devote my life to worshiping God- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit- because only He is worth following and worshiping.

Jesus is recorded in the Bible as saying some things that only God would say... and you yourself noticed this by saying Muhammad would not say these things because he was not God.

Regardless of whether you believe the Bible to be trustworthy or not, it does say Jesus is God.

Every time you pray to Jesus, remember that you're doing this even though he didn't tell you to. Every time you call his name, remember that he never told you he is God. You can even say it in your prayer,

"O Jesus, you are God, even though you didn't say it. O Jesus, I worship you, even though you didn't tell me to"

You can say it every night and see how you feel.

Jesus did say He is God, and He allowed others to worship Him.

Every time you pray to Allah, then you can say

"O Allah, I believe you are better than Satan even though you never said such a thing"

You've been warned:

"We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers." (151)

"Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin." (48)

"Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly gone far astray."
(116)

"Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers." (72)

That's nice, but I don't associate anyone with God. God is God.

Yet a misunderstanding of the royal "We" that God uses in the Quran could lead one to mistakenly believe that Muslims believe there are two Gods. Similarly, a misunderstanding of the nature of God as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit that the Bible teaches could lead someone to mistakenly believe that God has MPD or that Christians believe in more than one God.

It's not the same. Stop confusing yourself. 

Deny it all you want, but it is the same.

To you also. Allah Akhbar.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 01 February 2013 at 9:16am

So for how long was God the Living Dead?

Oooooh I can answer this one. Apparently Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) was in the grave or sepulchre for 3 days. So I would imagine the father and his spirit were looking after things without the son. Then I would guess that the 3 would 'meld' into 1 when Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) ascended.

I love Christianity...it's fun.
IP IP Logged
Empiricist
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Empiricist Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2013 at 6:19am
Interesting how Muslims and Jews have a requirement that Jesus must say certain things to be accepted, such as "I am God.  Worship Me".   Yet Jesus performed acts that people could see that only God could do.  This was so people would see that he is God.  There was a purpose for this- anyone can say "I am God- Worship Me".   The Pharisees did not like Jesus either because their hundreds of laws they created were not acknowledged by Jesus.

Also interesting that Muslims think their Quran was not modified.  This is not true.  There were over 50 versions with much disagreement what Muhammed said.  But how would any Muslim know since they are forbidden to question anthing about the Quran?  Well some have- and very carefully.  See "The Quran Dilemma". 
In short, the Quran that is circulated today with readings of Hafs and Warsh have been revised repeatedly over three centuries.  Fortunately the Sana manuscript was discovered in 1972, during the restoration of an ancient mosque.  This manuscript contains unknown readings.  It is the oldest Quranic manuscript currently available.  The German Orientalist, G. Puin, conducted research on the manuscript and found that significant changes were made to the Quran.  This tells us that the present Quran is not Muhammed's Quran.  As a result of these serious discoveries, Yemeni authorities banned Puin from further access to these manuscripts.

Much of what Muhammed said was not written down, and what was written was on primitive materials.  

Uthman worked to revise the Quran organized by the first compilation committee and to destroy other versions.

The book is well researched and had all references.  

So one cannot say that the Quran is unchanged and the direct message from God.  It is clearly written by man and has undergone several revisions.    
IP IP Logged
Rational

Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2013 at 8:32am

I understand what you are saying. Do you call Allah your "father"? Did Muhammad do this? Is God called "the Father" in your mosque?

No we don't. God is not a father or a mother or a grandfather whether in a literal or in a symbolic sense. He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity. The term "father" is not included in the 99 attributes of Allah (azza wa jall) for a reason. He (subhanaho wa ta'ala) didn't want that to be part of the final message because it leads to confusion. Just like how you are confused now. Allah has no children, sons or daughters. Jesus was not the son of Allah. You are not a child or a son of Allah. If Jesus was the son of Allah and we are Allah's children, then surley that would mean that you, me and Jesus are brothers and are all Son's of God?

Not using these exact words. He has however said things about Himself that would be only true of God.

"I and the Father are one"
"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father"

Again, you're basing your claim on verses that do not say what you are claiming. Those verses do not state what you are claiming. You're giving them an interpretation that suits your personal views, because those verses are vague, and thier meaning can be interchanged. They can be given an interpretation that refutes your claim, which actually makes alot more sense. Watch this video to find out. It's funny because he even shows that your interpretation implies that you have 14 persons in your god, not 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IoyrY5OycY

Indeed TG you've been brainwashed. Otherwise you wouldn't believe in a "Living Dead" god.

Do you believe Allah is better than Satan?

Obviously I do. Do you?

There are Muslims who use the Quran to refute the belief held by most other Muslims that the hadiths are Muhammad's sayings and that one needs to follow them.

Let's stick to the Quran and the Bible. Muslims don't dispute anything in the Quran as the Christians dispute over matters in the Bible. Christians are disputing on who is God in the Bible. Fact.

I do not ignore anything in the Bible. I have addressed those passages you pasted on here and have shown you they do not state that Jesus is not God.

Then please refute what the presenter claimed in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IoyrY5OycY

So as long as you worship only God, is it ok to believe believe He isn't better than Satan?

What do you think?

That's nice, but I don't associate anyone with God. God is God.

TG, that's not what you've been saying before. For you, God is not God. For you, God is (God the father + God the son + God the holy spirit). You have THREE images in your mind. An image of an old and wise looking father sitting on a throne, an image of a young handsome looking son, and an image of a spirit. You'll never be able to superimpose them into one image, no matter how hard you try. You will always have three pictures in your head. God is 3 persons remember?

TG is one person,
Abu Loren is one person,
Caringheart is one person, 
Rational is one person,

God is three persons.

Not one, two, four, five, or 10,000. THREE PERSONS!

Don't forget that.

Ofcourse you have more than one god. For some reason you believe it's one god made up of three implying you worship only one. You said that God the father allowed God the son to die. That's two gods TG! Did you see that? Problem is you're stubborn because you choose to ignore reality. You're acting like a zombie because you follow concepts that don't make sense. You struggle to explain things but you don't care you just carry on walking. You make claims like "God was alive and dead at the same time" and you're proud of it. It's much more plausible to claim that Christians are alive and dead at the same time. Walking zombies. Are you offended? You shouldn't be because you made this claim about God.

By the way, what do you call God when you pray? father, Jesus or holy spirit?

Edited by Rational - 02 February 2013 at 12:09pm
الله
IP IP Logged
Webber

Quote Webber Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2013 at 9:07am
Jesus taught us how to pray, and what to say in Matthew 6.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

A couple things to note though.
Jesus said "our Father", not My Father, which means He wasn't talking to all the fathers in the multitude, but to the creator of all. Somewhere, while creating everything you're likely to pick up some form of a paternal title. That's a gimme.
Note also Jesus said "in heaven", as He did almost every time He spoke of the "Father". He's not down on earth making babies.

I think you said it best...
The term "father" is not included in the 99 attributes of Allah (azza wa jall) for a reason. He (subhanaho wa ta'ala) didn't want that to be part of the final message because it leads to confusion.

subhanaho wa ta'ala <---- what does this mean?
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 22 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version