Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:
         

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Author Message
Reepicheep
 
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 06 November 2006
Online Status: Online
Posts: 292
Quote Reepicheep Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:01am
Abu Loren wrote: First of all you do not pray five times a day at the stipulated times which is the cornerstone of Islam, hence you are out of the fold of Islam.
 
Abu Loren, that's kind of a bizarre reason for you to declare W.S. a non-muslim, since there are many, many people who call themselves muslim but who don't believe in praying five times a day.
 
For example, there are a couple of hundred million "Shia Twelvers" who believe in praying three times a day.  Are you saying that all Twelvers are apostates from islam because they don't pray five times a day??? 
 
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren
Male Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Arab Emirates
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Reepicheep

Abu Loren wrote: First of all you do not pray five times a day at the stipulated times which is the cornerstone of Islam, hence you are out of the fold of Islam.
 
Abu Loren, that's kind of a bizarre reason for you to declare W.S. a non-muslim, since there are many, many people who call themselves muslim but who don't believe in praying five times a day.
 
For example, there are a couple of hundred million "Shia Twelvers" who believe in praying three times a day.  Are you saying that all Twelvers are apostates from islam because they don't pray five times a day??? 
 
 
I'm curious, why are you fascinated with Islam and Muslims? I think you a stuanch Christians supporter?
 
Anyway, Many, many people who call themselves and don't pray five times a day at the stipulated times are also out of the fold of Islam. One is meant to make up the prayer if they unintentionally miss it. Unfortunately there are millions of people who are born into Muslim families but do not practice the religion but they call themselves Muslim which is incorrect. A true Muslim has to follow a certain set of guidelines in which praying five times a day sits at the top.
 
With regard to Shi'a 'twlevers' 'thirteeners' or whatever they are all deviant Muslims. They've innovated so much in Islam that it is almost unrecognisable from the mainstream 'true' Islam.
IP IP Logged
Reepicheep
 
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 06 November 2006
Online Status: Online
Posts: 292
Quote Reepicheep Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:08am
Abu Loren wrote: With regard to Shi'a 'twlevers' 'thirteeners' or whatever they are all deviant Muslims.
 
Your statement explains a lot about you.  Since you so casually condemn hundreds of millions of your fellow muslims to hell, I guess we shouldn't be surprised when you likewise condemn billions of Christians to hell.
 
You must expect heaven to be an empty, lonely place.  Do you think there will be anyone there other than you? 
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren
Male Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 June 2012
Location: United Arab Emirates
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 988
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Reepicheep

Abu Loren wrote: With regard to Shi'a 'twlevers' 'thirteeners' or whatever they are all deviant Muslims.
 
Your statement explains a lot about you.  Since you so casually condemn hundreds of millions of your fellow muslims to hell, I guess we shouldn't be surprised when you likewise condemn billions of Christians to hell.
 
You must expect heaven to be an empty, lonely place.  Do you think there will be anyone there other than you? 
 
You are right for once. The majority of human beings will be in hell. As for me I will be judged first by my maker and He will have Mercy on whom He wills. I'd like to be in heaven rather than in hell for sure. Allahu Alum!
IP IP Logged
Reepicheep
 
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 06 November 2006
Online Status: Online
Posts: 292
Quote Reepicheep Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:37am
Abu Loren wrote: You are right for once.
 
Good to hear.  Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 March 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1923
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by nospam001

Originally posted by Caringheart

Originally posted by Abu Loren

Every soul is responsible for it's own sins otherwise I could go out tomorrow and murder uncaringheart and give that sin to Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) Astaghfirullah!
No you couldn't Abu, because if you did such a thing it would mean that you do not have Jesus.  Having accepted the sacrifice of Jesus means that you could never do such a thing because you would knowingly be committing a sin and yes, you would answer for it.

Having the sacrifice of Jesus is all about repenting from sinful ways.

Yes but what if he murders you first, then repents? Evil%20Smile



Greetings nospam,

Playing devil's advocate, eh? Smile

I'm just saying that if he were to kill anyone then obviously he does not have God or Jesus because he would be convicted in his heart that this was wrong to do.  
If he were to kill anyone after knowing that it is a sin to do so, then he will certainly have to answer for it. 
If someone kills without knowing it is a sin to do so... good question... is that a soul forever blackened beyond saving, or can they be brought into the light?  I guess only our Maker has those answers.   I don't.
CH
IP IP Logged
nospam001
Male Agnostic
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 October 2012
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 149
Quote nospam001 Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Caringheart

Playing devil's advocate, eh?
I'm already earmarked for hell, so why not? (If there are any kids watching: Don't try this at home.)
If he were to kill anyone after knowing that it is a sin to do so, then he will certainly have to answer for it.
There are many stories of former criminals who knowingly did wrong and later turned to Christ. Until now I've always understood that they were certain to be forgiven for all their past sins, assuming they truly repented, of course. Isn't that one of the main messages in the Gospel?
God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 March 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1923
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by nospam001

Originally posted by Caringheart

Playing devil's advocate, eh?
I'm already earmarked for hell, so why not? (If there are any kids watching: Don't try this at home.)
If he were to kill anyone after knowing that it is a sin to do so, then he will certainly have to answer for it.
There are many stories of former criminals who knowingly did wrong and later turned to Christ. Until now I've always understood that they were certain to be forgiven for all their past sins, assuming they truly repented, of course. Isn't that one of the main messages in the Gospel?


Hello again nospam,

Are you the same person I said once before...
"You ask intriguing questions?" Smile
I am always pretty willing to admit that I do not have all the answers.
I guess I would have to say, "Did they knowingly do wrong?  Did they really know?  If they did not know Christ did they then know what it means to commit sin?"
But you are right this is one of the biggest things to turn former criminals around... to know that they have the forgiveness of God.
I look forward to the day I meet my Maker and will see 'not in part, but in full'.  To the day when I may know all things.  I hope I'm not in for any shocks. Smile

Peace and blessings to you,
Caringheart


Edited by Caringheart - 18 January 2013 at 9:31pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed herein contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of IslamiCity. This forum is offered to stimulate dialogue and discussion in our continuing mission of being an educational organization.
If there is any issue with any of the postings please email to icforum at islamicity.com or if you are a forum's member you can use the report button.

Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com

Advertisement:



Sponsored by:
Islamicity Membership Program:
IslamiCity Donation Program  http://www.islamicity.com/Donate
IslamiCity Arabic eLearning http://www.islamiCity.com/ArabAcademy
Complete Domain & Hosting Solutions www.icDomain.com
Home for Muslim Tunes www.icTunes.com
Islamic Video Collections www.islamiTV.com
IslamiCity Marriage Site www.icMarriage.com