Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Rational

Online Status: Offline
Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Caringheart

I will hope you do justice to the name you choose and take a rational look at the links that I provided.  Smile

You too "caringheart"

Edited by Rational - 17 January 2013 at 1:20pm
IP IP Logged
Rational

Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 1:38pm

What it means 'that Jesus takes away our sins', is that our sinful nature, through belief, and love for His great sacrifice, is replaced with a conscience that is continually convicting us, and admonishing us, when we are tempted toward sin.  This is the way the sacrifice of Jesus saves us.  No other sacrifice offered... bulls, goats, sheep, etc. ... ever stung anyone's conscience enough to bring about change... but the sacrifice made by Jesus, and the Love that brings, when we accept Him...

This is not justice to any rational person.

"
our sinful nature, through belief, and love for His great sacrifice, is replaced with a conscience that is continually convicting us, and admonishing us, when we are tempted toward sin. This is the way the sacrifice of Jesus saves us..."

Innovation is your trademark.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Rational

What it means 'that Jesus takes away our sins', is that our sinful nature, through belief, and love for His great sacrifice, is replaced with a conscience that is continually convicting us, and admonishing us, when we are tempted toward sin.  This is the way the sacrifice of Jesus saves us.  No other sacrifice offered... bulls, goats, sheep, etc. ... ever stung anyone's conscience enough to bring about change... but the sacrifice made by Jesus, and the Love that brings, when we accept Him...

This is not justice to any rational person.

"
our sinful nature, through belief, and love for His great sacrifice, is replaced with a conscience that is continually convicting us, and admonishing us, when we are tempted toward sin. This is the way the sacrifice of Jesus saves us..."

Innovation is your trademark.

Question Where does 'justice' come into it?  Were we discussing justice?
and whose justice?

I don't think you took the time to try and process any of what I was saying, which makes me sad. Unhappy

Edited by Caringheart - 17 January 2013 at 3:22pm
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Rational

I will hope you do justice to the name you choose and take a rational look at the links that I provided.  Smile

You too "caringheart"

Does this mean you took look at the links I provided.
I have always taken time to look at what is presented to me.
IP IP Logged
nospam001
Male Agnostic

Quote nospam001 Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by Abu Loren

Every soul is responsible for it's own sins otherwise I could go out tomorrow and murder uncaringheart and give that sin to Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) Astaghfirullah!
No you couldn't Abu, because if you did such a thing it would mean that you do not have Jesus.  Having accepted the sacrifice of Jesus means that you could never do such a thing because you would knowingly be committing a sin and yes, you would answer for it.

Having the sacrifice of Jesus is all about repenting from sinful ways.

Yes but what if he murders you first, then repents? Evil%20Smile

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
IP IP Logged
Rational

Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 3:41am
Originally posted by nospam001

but what if he murders you first, then repents? Evil%20Smile

Good point I also want to know? LOL
IP IP Logged
W.S.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote W.S. Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 5:25am
Originally posted by TG12345

I have other examples but because of time constraints will leave it here for now. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Originally posted by W.S.

Thanks for the reply! For now, I'll just say that I have discerned a couple of cracks before, and now more of them appeared. Take care yourself!

Salaam Alaikum, W.S.
Wa aleikum asalaam! Sorry about my late and ridiculously short response. I too, have other things to do than being here. Also, reading posts and putting your thoughts into words in English is time-consuming. Posting as much as I'd like would have me sit here around the clock.

I just wanted to say that although I believe it is very evident that there are a lot of 'cracks' in what Islam teaches, there is also a lot of good in it as well.

Your faith correctly teaches there is one God. It correctly teaches that He is good. It teaches that He sent prophets, and it teaches that He wants the world to come to know Him. It correctly teaches respect to parents, care for the vulnerable, disdain of adultery, fornication, homosexuality and other sins. It teaches many good things.
It does!

It does not promote murdering non-Muslims. It does not promote terrorism. It does not promote pedophilia. It does not teach the many evil things that people who are bigoted towards it and towards Muslims claim it does.

It does not!

It does, however, tragically deny what God for us on the cross.

God or Jesus? Make up your minds already! Wink

As you look at the 'cracks' in Islam, remember to keep God first in your mind though. Do not allow them to take you away from Him. Remember that none of us are perfect, and do not allow the cracks you see to judge either Muhammad or your fellow Muslim brothers and sisters who do love Him and believe they are serving and worshiping Him to the best of their ability.

That's good advice!
Originally posted by nospam001

[quote=W.S.]I'll just say that I have discerned a couple of cracks before, and now more of them appeared.
Speaking of cracks, how about verses 50:6 and 67:3, as discussed recently in the topic Literal or figurative: the sky 'has no cracks'...

Interesting and very entertaining!
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2013 at 6:54am
Originally posted by W.S.

Interesting and very entertaining!

WS delete your religion as Islam from your profile as I can tell you to your face that you are not a Muslim. First of all you do not pray five times a day at the stipulated times which is the cornerstone of Islam, hence you are out of the fold of Islam.

You have one chance of redemption that is to sincerely repent to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala for your doubts. But if you do that then leave Islam again then you will NEVER be forgiven.

So be careful from whom you take advise.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version