Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:59am
[QUOTE=Abu Loren]

You are right. I am scared and I want to run as far away from your st**idity as possible. So you think that God should have sent Prophet Musa (Alayhi Salaam) to Emperor Ming in China? Surely that would have been pointless as the Children of Israel were in bondage in Egypt! Read the Holy Qur'an fully and then come back and debate.

Also see the thread 'Debating with Christians'. [ /QUOTE]

Might I make the recommendation to you also, of reading two things?

the thread, A Word about debate, in General discussion
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24609&PID=172800#172800

and speaking of prophets or prophesy in China;
http://www.sacred-texts.com/journals/oc/pc-ilni.htm

We are trying to help you come out of the neanderthal age Abu.  Wink

Salaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 16 January 2013 at 11:12am
IP IP Logged
Rational

Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:32am
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Originally posted by Caringheart

I have yet to have any muslim tell me what it is that they find so objectionable in the teaching of Paul.

Paul contradicted everything that Jesus (pbuh) said, did and was
  • Jesus taught that God is ONE, Pauline theology pioneered the Trinity
  • Jesus taught OT law, Paul negated it
  • Jesus taught accountability, Paul taught justification of faith
  • Jesus taught he was son of man, Paul taught Jesus was son of God
  • Jesus said pray to God, Paul said pray to Jesus
  • Jesus taught he was an ethnic prophet not sent but for the lost sheep of israel, Paul taught that Jesus was a universal prophet
  • and on and on and on…

Edited by Rational - 17 January 2013 at 5:45am
IP IP Logged
Rational

Quote Rational Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 5:27am
Originally posted by TG12345

I pray He leads you to Him and that you accept what Christ did for you and us all on the cross.

If he has indeed taken my sins in such a degrading way, as God is my witness, I will ask for them back on judgment day as they are rightfully mine.

Edited by Rational - 17 January 2013 at 5:44am
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Rational

I pray He leads you to Him and that you accept what Christ did for you and us all on the cross.

If he has indeed taken my sins in such a degrading way, as God is my witness, I will ask for them back on judgment day as they are rightfully mine.

Bravo bro. well said. Every soul is responsible for it's own sins otherwise I could go out tomorrow and murder uncaringheart and give that sin to Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) Astaghfirullah!
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 7:09am
".....as God is my witness, I will ask for them back on judgment day as they are rightfully mine."
Nafsi, nafsi (myself, myself), on that Day, indeed you would not want them back.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 12:08pm

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Originally posted by Caringheart

I have yet to have any muslim tell me what it is that they find so objectionable in the teaching of Paul.

Paul contradicted everything that Jesus (pbuh) said, did and was
  • Jesus taught that God is ONE, Pauline theology pioneered the Trinity
  • Jesus taught OT law, Paul negated it
  • Jesus taught accountability, Paul taught justification of faith
  • Jesus taught he was son of man, Paul taught Jesus was son of God
  • Jesus said pray to God, Paul said pray to Jesus
  • Jesus taught he was an ethnic prophet not sent but for the lost sheep of israel, Paul taught that Jesus was a universal prophet
  • and on and on and on…

Greetings Rational,

By your statements above,
You are obviously not aware then, of how often Jesus spoke against the Pharisees and their 'laws'.

The trouble is that people do not take the time to read and  understand the teaching of Paul.
Here are some things you do not understand because you do not have the fullness of God's Word.
Rather than me posting a lot here on the forum, please go and read at this link,
http://www.eliyah.com/protorah.html
which I just came across.  It shares much of what I had begun typing to share here on the forum and will save alot of my time and energy.

I would also like to throw in that you should read Hebrews 10 at the following link;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=hebrews%2010&version=NLT

I will hope you do justice to the name you choose and take a rational look at the links that I provided.  Smile

If anything, God chose Paul because he knew the law so well.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 17 January 2013 at 12:13pm
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 12:19pm

Greetings Rational,

What it means 'that Jesus takes away our sins', is that our sinful nature, through belief, and love for His great sacrifice, is replaced with a conscience that is continually convicting us, and admonishing us, when we are tempted toward sin.  This is the way the sacrifice of Jesus saves us.  No other sacrifice offered... bulls, goats, sheep, etc. ... ever stung anyone's conscience enough to bring about change... but the sacrifice made by Jesus, and the Love that brings, when we accept Him...

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 17 January 2013 at 12:20pm
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 17 January 2013 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren

Bravo bro. well said. Every soul is responsible for it's own sins otherwise I could go out tomorrow and murder uncaringheart and give that sin to Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) Astaghfirullah!

No you couldn't Abu, because if you did such a thing it would mean that you do not have Jesus.  Having accepted the sacrifice of Jesus means that you could never do such a thing because you would knowingly be committing a sin and yes, you would answer for it.

Having the sacrifice of Jesus is all about repenting from sinful ways.

Salaam,
CH

Without the law we would never see our sins and thus would never repent, so the law still stands, but it is Jesus who brings us to it.

God’s Law Reveals Our Sin

Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, “You must not covet.” But sin used this command to arouse all kinds of covetous desires within me! If there were no law, sin would not have that power. At one time I lived without understanding the law. But when I learned the command not to covet, for instance, the power of sin came to life, 10 and I died. So I discovered that the law’s commands, which were supposed to bring life, brought spiritual death instead. 11 Sin took advantage of those commands and deceived me; it used the commands to kill me. 12 But still, the law itself is holy, and its commands are holy and right and good.

13 But how can that be? Did the law, which is good, cause my death? Of course not! Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation to death. So we can see how terrible sin really is. It uses God’s good commands for its own evil purposes.

Struggling with Sin

14 So the trouble is not with the law, for it is spiritual and good. The trouble is with me, for I am all too human, a slave to sin.
(these are the words of Paul)

Edited by Caringheart - 17 January 2013 at 12:37pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 21 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version