Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Answers to your Questions Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Experiential

Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote Experiential Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2012 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Abu Loren

As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

5) Does everybody needs to become Muslims to be saved?

Yes.

As previously discussed, the Jews have earned the anger of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and the Christians are astray with the doctrine of the Trinity. For these reasons Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala sent down the final revelation to the final Prophet who is Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) as a mercy to mankind. Muhammad's (Salallhu Alayhi Wa Sallam) Ummah or community is the only religion that is follwing the monotheism of Ibrahim (Alayhi Wa Sallam). Therefore, one must obey what has been ordered in the Holy Qur'an and what has been tasked to Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

Sahih International

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. 21:107

And this [Qur'an] is a Book We have revealed [which is] blessed, so follow it and fear Allah that you may receive mercy. 6:155

They say, "Be Jews or Christians [so] you will be guided." Say, "Rather, [we follow] the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth, and he was not of the polytheists." 2:135

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said in the interpretation of the Ayah reported:"You are the best of peoples ever raised up for (the benefit of) mankind..." (3:110): The best for mankind are those who bring them with chains round their necks till they embrace Islam (and thereby save them from the eternal punishment in the Hell-fire, and make them enter Jannah in the Hereafter)."

Narrated Abu Sa`id:

The Prophet ( ) said, "Allah will say, 'O Adam!. Adam will reply, 'Labbaik and Sa`daik (I respond to Your Calls, I am obedient to Your orders), wal Khair fi Yadaik (and all the good is in Your Hands)!' Then Allah will say (to Adam), Bring out the people of the Fire.' Adam will say, 'What (how many) are the people of the Fire?' Allah will say, 'Out of every thousand (take out) nine-hundred and ninetynine (persons).' At that time children will become hoary-headed and every pregnant female will drop her load (have an abortion) and you will see the people as if they were drunk, yet not drunk; But Allah's punishment will be very severe." That news distressed the companions of the Prophet ( ) too much, and they said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! Who amongst us will be that man (the lucky one out of one-thousand who will be saved from the Fire)?" He said, "Have the good news that one-thousand will be from Gog and Magog, and the one (to be saved will be) from you." The Prophet ( ) added, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, I Hope that you (Muslims) will be one third of the people of Paradise." On that, we glorified and praised Allah and said, "Allahu Akbar." The Prophet ( ) then said, "By Him in Whose Hand my soul is, I hope that you will be one half of the people of Paradise, as your (Muslims) example in comparison to the other people (non-Muslims), is like that of a white hair on the skin of a black ox, or a round hairless spot on the foreleg of a donkey."

If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the book before thee (Jews and Christians) . Surah 10.94

IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 27 November 2012 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Caringheart

I think that is a good idea Hasan.  I had actually thought of making the suggestion myself that you go back and look at my earliest posts and see the congeniality of them.  You may not have liked my take on things but then I can not say that I like all the takes I have heard spoken by people on these forums about other religions either.  Yet I allow them their beliefs and do not accuse and attack them.  In fact I feel that I have grown in understanding.Salaam,CH

CAringhert,
of course we all grow in understanding and knowledge as we exchange how and what we belief and similar issues that are so important and dear to us.
It is the denial of facts and not being able to prove a claim one is so eager to make that gets us a bit upset. But at the end it is up to the person and of course that will only affect that person who deny or accepts the truth, and that's a relief.
Time permitting I will put together and post it!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 27 November 2012 at 11:00am
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 30 November 2012 at 3:03am
6) Was Prophet Muahammad (pbuh) really illiterate?

Sahih International

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.

Say, [O Muhammad], "O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, [from Him] to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death." So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered prophet, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him that you may be guided. 7:157-158

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has called Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) the unlettered prophet. However, there are those doubters who claim that the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) had the opportunity to learn to read and write and to learn the Jewish and Christian doctrine whilst he was a caravan manager on his travels to Syria. Even if he went into the churches and synagogues of Syria and engaged with the priests and rabbis, there would not be enough time for him to study these materials in depth. Let's say for arguements sake that he stayed in Syria for a month at a time on his travels, then this is not nearly enough time for him to get acquainted with the teachings of Judaism and Christianity. After the conclusion of business they are keen to make the ardous and long return journdy back to Arabia. Then the doubters will say that he had the chance to read whilst travelling. Even so could it be possible for him to become a scholar this way? people who study full time and devote their lives to learning could not possibly produce the Holy Qur'an. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala challenges mankind and jin to work together and produce a Qhr'an like it.

Those who knew the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) intimately knew that what he was reciting could not be from Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) himself. They knew immediately that what he was reciting was devinely inspired. They knew that the Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) was not capable of producing the Qur'an on his own. To make matters worse, he was going against the Quraish, his tribe, who was the most powerful in Arabia at that time. Was he crazy? Was he a lunatic?

The Quraish were against Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) because preaching a One True God their idol making business was at stake. Being a soft hearted person he would never willingly or knowingly go against his uncles. He had so much to lose rather than gain.

Sahih International

And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah , if you should be truthful.

2:23

Edited by Abu Loren - 30 November 2012 at 3:07am
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 04 December 2012 at 5:13am
7) Why is Islam one of the Abrahamaic faith?

Sahih International

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [ Allah ] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [ Allah ] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." 2:124 

And who would be averse to the religion of Abraham except one who makes a fool of himself. And We had chosen him in this world, and indeed he, in the Hereafter, will be among the righteous. 2:130 

They say, "Be Jews or Christians [so] you will be guided." Say, "Rather, [we follow] the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth, and he was not of the polytheists." 2:135 

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists. 3:67

Edited by Abu Loren - 10 December 2012 at 1:26am
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:21am
8) Why are there different sects within Islam?

Prophet Muhammad (Salallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) prophecied that there would be 73 sects within Islam. Only one of these would be on the Straight Path thus achieving salvation.

Abu ‘Amir al-Hawdhani said:

Mu’awiyah b. Abi Sufiyan stood among us and said: Beware! The Apostle of ALLA H (SAWS) stood among us and said: Beware! The people of the Book before were split up into seventy-two sects, and this community will be split into seventy three: seventy-two of them will go to Hell and one of them will go to Paradise, and it is the majority group.

Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman:

The people used to ask Allah's Messenger ( ) about good, but I used to ask him about evil for fear that it might overtake me. Once I said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! We were in ignorance and in evil and Allah has bestowed upon us the present good; will there by any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I asked, "Will there be good after that evil?" He said, "Yes, but it would be tained with Dakhan (i.e. Little evil)." I asked, "What will its Dakhan be?" He said, "There will be some people who will lead (people) according to principles other than my tradition. You will see their actions and disapprove of them." I said, "Will there by any evil after that good?" He said, "Yes, there will be some people who will invite others to the doors of Hell, and whoever accepts their invitation to it will be thrown in it (by them)." I said, "O Allah's Messenger ( ) ! Describe those people to us." He said, "They will belong to us and speak our language" I asked, "What do you order me to do if such a thing should take place in my life?" He said, "Adhere to the group of Muslims and their Chief." I asked, "If there is neither a group (of Muslims) nor a chief (what shall I do)?" He said, "Keep away from all those different sects, even if you had to bite (i.e. eat) the root of a tree, till you meet Allah while you are still in that state."

Edited by Abu Loren - 10 December 2012 at 1:27am
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 06 December 2012 at 2:11pm
Subhanallah,
may Allah guide us all to the right and save us from the evil and the hell fire. Jazakallah brother.
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 06 December 2012 at 7:56pm
This reminded me of something.  These are some notes I had made in my earlier studies in August... Aug. 11 notes, to be precise.  Notes as follows:
Muhammad is reputed to have foretold this proliferation of opposing sects, each claiming allegiance to him and quoting the Qur'an in Support of their contradictory views. According to Abdullah Ibn Omar, Muhammad said: 'Truly, what happened to the Israelites will happen to my people. The Israelites were divided into seventy two sects, and my people will be divided into seventy three." (citation: http://jloughnan.tripod.com/3f_islam.htm)
What struck me as interesting about this is that it resonated with this which I only just read this morning in the preface of one of my Bibles...
"The Bible contains 72 books (or 73, depending on whether the Book of Lamentations is listed as a separate book and not as part of Jeremiah)..."
Coincidence?
(Aug. 11, 2012)

Edited by Caringheart - 06 December 2012 at 8:01pm
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:17pm
If we follow and stick to the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) and stay away from deviations, we will be the ones that will make it, Inshahallah. And of course asking or begging for Allah's mercy and Forgiveness as often as possible is the best safety net. And not to commit that unforgivable sin of associating and worshiping others with God, or as God.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 07 December 2012 at 5:22pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version