Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Debating With Christians Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4
Larry
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: 13 November 2012 at 12:24pm
*YAWN*
IP IP Logged
Salaam_Erin
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Salaam_Erin Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:13am
Forgive me for finding this thread amusing.  Seems a lot of guys are exasperated with each other. ;o) 

Though I will take up some things.  Abu thinks that Christians have to be told the same points again and again and again and say the same thing and ask the same st**id questions all over again. 

However, what I find is that the difficulty is that you can't even seem to get to grips with what we are saying to you, and make the wrong definitions.  The classic one is when you say God is One and we say 3.  We don't say three, we say One like you do.  The whole 3 issue is to do with what is going on within this One God, and nothing to do with how many gods there are.  And why do you think we don't think Jesus was a mighty Messenger and Messiah? Jesus was indeed a mighty Messenger of the Father.  He is King of Israel= Messiah.  Sounds like people are talking at each other rather than to each other.  ;o)

IP IP Logged
Abu Loren
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Salaam_Erin

Forgive me for finding this thread amusing.  Seems a lot of guys are exasperated with each other. ;o) 

Though I will take up some things.  Abu thinks that Christians have to be told the same points again and again and again and say the same thing and ask the same st**id questions all over again. 

However, what I find is that the difficulty is that you can't even seem to get to grips with what we are saying to you, and make the wrong definitions.  The classic one is when you say God is One and we say 3.  We don't say three, we say One like you do.  The whole 3 issue is to do with what is going on within this One God, and nothing to do with how many gods there are.  And why do you think we don't think Jesus was a mighty Messenger and Messiah? Jesus was indeed a mighty Messenger of the Father.  He is King of Israel= Messiah.  Sounds like people are talking at each other rather than to each other.  ;o)

You are forgiven.

It's true that members here keep coming back with the same questions that were answered previously, it's like it wasn't registered in their collective brains. Very frustrating.

I don't make the wrong definitions. I was simply saying that God Alimighty Himself has told us that there is only One God. An intelligent man like you must realise by now that the Trinity doctrine was invented at the infancy of Chritianity. You can believe in an egg (shell, egg & yoke) but a 3 in 1 God doesn't make sense to me I'm afraid. May be I am a simpleton but One God who nobody has seen nor can comprehend makes sense to me than a God who goes by 3 different disguises. I asked earlier, why would God Almighty need 3 different personalities? Is God a schizophrenic?

At least we can agree that Jesus (pbuh) was amighty messenger and the Messiah, so why can't we stop it there? Do we need to take that further and make him a part-deity?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version