Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Stories as tools to think Post Reply Post New Topic
nothing

Online Status: Offline
Quote nothing Replybullet Topic: Stories as tools to think
    Posted: 12 October 2012 at 6:52pm
As I heard a story that Rosulallah seem certain of an answer whenever there was queries from the people, either personally from Jibril or as official revelation.
So one day when the queries about the sleepers who slept for few hundred years posed to him he asked the poser to come back tomorrow. Surely enough the answer was there but with something in the middle:

18: 23-24
"And say not of anything: Lo! I shall do that tomorrow"
"Except if Allah will. And remember thy Lord when thou forgettest, and say:
It may be that my Lord guideth me unto a nearer way of truth than this"

And regardless the origin of the story that man told me, the stories in this chapter are truly something, to whoever love to crack the unknown. But unfortunately many muslim readers only looking for miracle to happen - when actually the sudden urge to find out about the sleepers is the miracle itself.
But has any muslim readers tried to find where the cave was? None that I am aware of.  
IP IP Logged
czif

Starter.
Starter.

Quote czif Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2012 at 8:17am

Good Stories, Thank you

Edited by czif - 23 October 2012 at 12:43am
Duża dawka Pakietow oprogramowania Do pobrania za darmo.
Wszystkie pakiety są darmowe
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2012 at 7:07pm
Indeed the answer came, however it wasn't the next day.  The mufassireen mentioned it came weeks later, thus causing anxiety for the Prophet, and doubt amongst Meccans.  What benefit is there in finding the cave?  Often such sites or graves only lead to fitnah. 
IP IP Logged
nothing

Quote nothing Replybullet Posted: 18 October 2012 at 7:19am
Finding this cave has nothing to do with finding the grave, but a place that has managed in preserving people for 300 more years. The language used here indicating where to find it. Satellite, compass and maps are available these days to make it easier to pin point the place. If I have time and money I would love to find it myself before anyone else.

"And you might see the sun
when it rose, decline from their cave towards the right hand, and
when it set, leave them behind on the left
while they were in a wide space thereof.
This is of the signs of Allah; whomsoever Allah guides, he is the rightly guided one, and whomsoever He causes to err, you shall not find for him any friend to lead (him) aright."
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 18 October 2012 at 9:18am
When Allah caused them to die after having been discovered, where were they buried, if not the cave? The preservation of the people of the cave was done by Allah's permission - nothing special about the cave itself.  Often it is these types of locations that once known people gather and conduct themselves in ways that harm their religion, and do not benefit them in this life or the next.
IP IP Logged
nothing

Quote nothing Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2012 at 2:25pm
Actually if I find that cave it is not my interest to find carcasses. But this particular place seem the right spot for hibernation, in which maybe an interest for the scientists.The Qur'an here emphasized the tauhid and the place. It directs us to go there and learn it. Isn't it that what the Qur'an is all about, "So that you may know"?

Healthy curiosity is the gate to the new exciting world, and the Qur'an is giving dose of materials for the healthy minds.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 24 October 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by nothing

The Qur'an here emphasized the tauhid and the place. It directs us to go there and learn it.

Which verse if you recall?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version