Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: At Your Service, Oh Mohammad Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2012 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Ron Webb

Oh my, I certainly seem to have touched a nerve here. 

You have been touching a nerve with all of your comments here. Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) may be a nobody to you but to more than a billion people he is SOMEBODY. You have been trying to defame him and insult him subtly with your comments. However, I respect your position as an atheist and I admire you for admitting that fact.

To even mention washing with soap when soap was unavailable in the deserts of Arabia around cAD600's tells me that you are an evil and vindictive person. I don't know with whom you are trying to score points against.

Edited by Abu Loren - 11 October 2012 at 1:57am
IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Quote Ron Webb Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2012 at 4:38am

It s not defamation to point out that Muhammad was human, and fallible, not above criticism and not a demi-god to whom it is appropriate to pray, as Nasrallah clearly did.

If soap had been available in the 600s then Muhammad would undoubtedly have used it, and it would have been part of wudu.  In 2012 it should be part of any hand-washing regimen.  IMHO Allah did not mention the details of wudu in the Quran because He expected Muslims to use some common sense and wash their hands properly, using whatever facilities are available at the time -- not just to slavishly follow what Muhammad did.

Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2012 at 5:27am

If soap had been available in the 600s then Muhammad would undoubtedly have used it, and it would have been part of wudu.  In 2012 it should be part of any hand-washing regimen.  IMHO Allah did not mention the details of wudu in the Quran because He expected Muslims to use some common sense and wash their hands properly, using whatever facilities are available at the time -- not just to slavishly follow what Muhammad did.

Of course you know everything and you can read God's mind. Good.

Now are you implying that Muslims do not wash their hands with soap?
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2012 at 8:04am
Assalamu alaika Abu Loren.

It is better you leave Ronn alone. I am sure one day he will understand Islam and forget about his baseless and rootless ideology. He cannot surpass the Quraysh in denying and insulting Muhammad. Anyway, he does not know that Moses was accused of having a hydrocoel or scrotal inguinal hernia by his people!
Indeed Muhammad showed them how to use stone after defaecation to clean themselves in the absence of water. There is no record that was ever done by any of the Sahabas. This is in preference to using animal dung and bone for this is used by animals. Muhammad has extended his preventive measures in spread of communicable diseases, but yet this is regarded as primitive.
As for washing hands, Muhammad said, 'One must wash his hands on waking up from sleep because he does not know what the hand touched while on sleep.' We wash hands five times minimum. This is enough.

Friendship.

IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Quote Ron Webb Replybullet Posted: 11 October 2012 at 5:06pm

Originally posted by Abu Loren

No, I'm implying that Muhammad is no longer an "excellent example" of how to wash one's hands.  But I think most Muslims already know this.  They just won't admit it.

Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2012 at 12:24am

No, I'm implying that Muhammad is no longer an "excellent example" of how to wash one's hands.  But I think most Muslims already know this.  They just won't admit it.

I see then you won't need your sanitation bottle that you carry with you when you are burning in hell.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2012 at 6:21am

I see then you won't need your sanitation bottle that you carry with you when you are burning in hell.

Allah knows who will burn in Hell.  You may question Ron's motives and intention, however, certainly I hope he achieves the best in this life and the next.

Edited by abuayisha - 12 October 2012 at 6:22am
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2012 at 6:30am
Originally posted by abuayisha

Allah knows who will burn in Hell.  You may question Ron's motives and intention, however, certainly I hope he achieves the best in this life and the next.

Indeed Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala will judge all of us, however, it is very clear from the Holy Qur'an that non believers are going to hell. No doubt about it, unless they sincerely and whole heartedly repent.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version