Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: CHRISTIANS:YOU ARE NOT ISRAELITES Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 34 Next >>
Mahdi The Seeke
Male 

Online Status: Offline
Quote Mahdi The Seeke Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Caringheart

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke

Luke was not there.
<p ="chapter-1"><span id="en-KJV-24895" ="text Luke-1-1"><span ="chapternum">1 </span>Forasmuch
as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those
things which are most surely believed among us,</span>

<span id="en-KJV-24896" ="text Luke-1-2"><sup ="versenum">2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;</span>

<span id="en-KJV-24897" ="text Luke-1-3"><sup ="versenum">3 It
seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things
from the very first
, to write unto thee in order, most excellent
Theophilus,</span>

<span id="en-KJV-24898" ="text Luke-1-4"><sup ="versenum">4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.</span>

Luke was an eye witness? Yes or no.
IP IP Logged
Mahdi The Seeke
Male 

Quote Mahdi The Seeke Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2012 at 11:09am
Experiential said;My Reply There is much I do not
understand about God.
Good that at least you are disturbed by these massacres which never sparee women, children and sucklings.
And you also first answered my question before asking one of your own as it should be.

Experiential said;
Am I right to say you
supported the actions of
Mohammad in his war
mongering? Which side would you have
taken in all the civil wars and
jihads throughout your Muslim
“Golden Era” and beyond?
Do you think you might have
been awarded a slave girl for your jihadi efforts?
QURAN2:190 Fight in the way of Allah
against those who fight
against you, but begin not
hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not
aggressors. 2:191 And slay them wherever ye
find them, and drive them out
of the places whence they
drove you out, for persecution
is worse than slaughter. And
fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship
until they first attack you
there, but if they attack you
(there) then slay them. Such is
the reward of disbelievers. 2:192 But if they desist, then lo! Allah
is Forgiving, Merciful. 2:193 And fight them until
persecution is no more, and
religion is for Allah. But if they
desist, then let there be no
hostility except against
wrong-doers.

VS

1 Samuel 15 King James Version (KJV) Samuel also said unto Saul, The LORD sent me to anoint
thee to be king over his
people, over Israel: now
therefore hearken thou unto
the voice of the words of the
LORD. 2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which
Amalek did to Israel, how he
laid wait for him in the way,
when he came up from Egypt. 3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that
they have, and spare them not;
but slay both man and
woman, infant and suckling,
ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Experiential, now please tell me honestly if you are able to bring yourself to do it. Which is more merciful and sensible based on the verses quoted above. Bible or Quran?
IP IP Logged
Mahdi The Seeke
Male 

Quote Mahdi The Seeke Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Experiential

Experiental said; God ignoring the non Jew is your personal opinion. Yes, the God of the Bible never masterminded the annihilation, genocide, massacre and ethnic cleansing of non israelite nations. I totally made all that up.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Yes Mohammad your Prophet was a man of the sword who masterminded the bloody torture and murder of the men of Ukl or Uraynah.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>He showed the example when at the at the Battle Trench (also called The Battle of Ahzap or the Seige of Medina.) when he <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>executed all the adult males of the city. And took the women and children into slavery.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">And how Muslim are men allowed sex with their slave girls and captured women.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Islam holds no moral high ground!

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">What happened to the non Jews God also brought about on the Jewish people through the Assyrians, Babylonians and Romans. So there was no favoritism there.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">In terms of the Canaanites the Bible is clear in that God was exceedingly patient with them in regards to their idol worship which also involved the abominable practice of sacrificing their children into the fires of their Gods.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Genesis 15.16 shows God was watching the Canaanites very closely and waiting for them to change. Also Canaan had a final forty-year countdown as they heard of the events in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">Egypt</st1:country-region>, at the crossing of the <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Reed</st1:PlaceName> <st1:Place w:st="on">Sea</st1:place>, and what happened to the kings who opposed <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Israel</st1:place></st1:country-region> along the way.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Remember God knew the Canaanite Cults were dangerously contaminating and if this wasn’t controlled the Messianic prophesies through Abraham, Isaac, David and ultimately Jesus The Mesiah would be at risk.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman"> </o:p>

At least first acknowledge that you accused me falsely by claiming my position is an opinion when you very well know God of the Bible ordered the massacre of whole nations, pregnamt women and sucklings all inclusive.

Second, the fact that the Israelites were subject to subjugation lays bare their lie of being special. Given that the israelites went through cycles of being conqured and conquering others, this is proof they are nothing special.

Third, are you using the Quran to justify the Bible? Or Islam to justify Christianity? Comparing Muhammed SAW battles to the genocide ordered by God of the Bible? FYI, they aretotally different. I will check your response to another post where i compared verses from Quran and Bible about war.

Fourth, God knew how contaminating the canaanites were? Seriously? I use the following analogy only to make you realise how disgusting, racist and 'some other words i cannot think of right now' that statement is. THAT sounds like something Hitler would come up with. Internalise this before replying.
Ps 'God knew......'? Congratulations on being able to read God's mind.

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 16 November 2012 at 12:04pm
IP IP Logged
Mahdi The Seeke
Male 

Quote Mahdi The Seeke Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2012 at 12:21pm
Experiential said;
Islam holds no moral
high ground!
At least you agree that the atrocities ordered in the Bible are immoral. As i demonstrated by the Quranic verses i quoted and compared to 1 Samuel 15, islam does have the higher moral ground.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2012 at 11:33pm
Israelites - the first to receive the Word
Christians - second to receive the Word
Muslims - third to receive the Word

Does it matter in what order or what way we receive the Word of God?
Does it really matter what we call ourselves as long as we belong to God?
IP IP Logged
Mahdi The Seeke
Male 

Quote Mahdi The Seeke Replybullet Posted: 17 November 2012 at 3:17am
Originally posted by Salaam_Erin

Mahdi, you need to read the whole of Jesus' lecture to the disciples in Matthew 10. In verses 5-6 Jesus tells them as He is sending them out to represent them in His own mission, not to go into Gentile territories or Samaritan towns but the lost sheep of Israel. This is with reference to geography then. He therefore wants them to stick to Judaea and Galilee. However, He goes on to warn them about the long term future of their mission. In verse 17 He then warns the disciples that many Jews will reject them and that they will be expelled from the synagogue. In verse 18 He then says they will go out to the Gentiles. "On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles." You see, you have to consider what Jesus' preaching and teaching mission was about. It was about to get the Jews back to obeying the Torah and proclaiming the Kingdom of God and the New Covenant. Then, the Jews were to go out to the Gentiles. In Matthew 10 Jesus sends them on a training mission to Jews only, but warns them that in the future they will be persecuted, driven out of synagogues and end up before governors and kings and be witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. That doesn't mean that the mission to the Jews is over though. For Jesus goes on to say in verse 23, "I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes."At the end of His mission, as He is about to Ascend into Heaven, on more than one occasion Jesus then gives His disciples that wider mission as predicted in verse 18 which went beyond the training programme of verses 5-6. Look at Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:6-9. After all, Jesus did heal the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter, the centurion's servant, the royal official's son, and many people who came from Tyre and Sidon to be healed, and a Samaritan leper.    

I have read the whole chapter.
And it is a massive false prophecy since    "I tell you
the truth, you will not finish
going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man
comes."
did not happen.

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 17 November 2012 at 3:23am
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:45am

Luke was an eye witness? Yes or no.

Greetings Mahdi,

Luke was recording what was believed and reported (i.e., the testimony) of the eye witnesses.  (This would be like a court recorder who records the eye witness testimony at trials)

1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,

2 Even as they ... which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; [delivered them unto us]

3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Salaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 19 November 2012 at 12:26pm
IP IP Logged
Larry
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Larry Replybullet Posted: 17 November 2012 at 5:29pm

Originally posted by Experiential

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><FONT face="Times New Roman">Mahdi Said<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">In short, you have no problem with Jesus insulting a woman in need for the simple fault of being a non Jew. To each their own.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><B style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><FONT face="Times New Roman">My Reply<o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">In short you have no problem with the Quran referring to non Muslims as dogs, donkeys, pigs, beasts and apes.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Secondly who says it was an insult?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>The actual word in the Greek is “puppies”. The image Jesus has chosen is an image of endearment, not insult. The picture of supper-time, with little kids at the table, and their pet puppies at their feet, maybe tugging on their robes for food or play. The puppies, dear to the children and probably so too to Jesus.

1.Answer my question.
2.Reinterpret your own version of the Bible to justify your translation otherwise you are making baseless claims. Have you even read the verse?
Matthew 15:26
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

Please, if you want to engage in serious discussions, desist from making such baseless arguments. DOG is the word.
How are dogs described in old testament. One example

For dogs have surrounded me;
a gang of evildoers has closed
in on me; they pierced my
hands and my feet. Psalm 22:16

A gang of evildoers.

Do you have a problem with dogs? I know that many Muslims consider them "unclean" animals and shun them. In the United States we cherish and love our dogs, one of the most noble and loyal of God's creatures. They are used as guide dogs for the blind, they pursue and stop fleeing criminals and they greatly and effectively assist in the search for survivors after a major earthquake or bombing, etc. They really are "man's best friend." It's obscene that these gentle and intelligent creatures should be considered "unclean" by anyone, especially God.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 34 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version