Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Discussion
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Hijab - Freedom NOT Oppression : Opinion Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 09 October 2012 at 8:57pm
@Abu Loren,
One could say that Muhammad was sexist. 
If he spoke for God, then I guess that would make God sexist.  God who created Adam and Eve, naked in the garden.  *scratches head
It was sin that made Adam and Eve cover themselves.  Did God tell them to do this?

Now I am not saying that I am against modesty.  I am against anything that might tempt one to sin... to lust... as God did address in the ten commandments.  But I do not think God prescribed a dress code other than covering of the head, or hair, so as not to tempt the nephilim... but not to cover the face erasing all identity.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2012 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Caringheart

@Abu Loren,One could say that Muhammad was sexist. If he spoke for God, then I guess that would make God sexist. God who created Adam and Eve, naked in the garden. *scratches headIt was sin that made Adam and Eve cover themselves. Did God tell them to do this?Now I am not saying that I am against modesty. I am against anything that might tempt one to sin... to lust... as God did address in the ten commandments. But I do not think God prescribed a dress code other than covering of the head, or hair, so as not to tempt the nephilim... but not to cover the face erasing all identity.

I'm not even going to answer you, I know I will be banned from this forum!
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 10 October 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren

I'm not even going to answer you, I know I will be banned from this forum!

Sorry Abu,  Truly.
I was just presenting the viewpoint that people could take.  I am able to see both sides of the issue, which you will see if you read my earlier posts in this thread.  I am asking Muslims to see both sides of the issue.
Heart
IP IP Logged
Matt Browne
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Matt Browne Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2012 at 8:15am
No human being knows everything, Abu Loren. I don't. I see forums as an opportunity for exchanging views. To me it's a very normal thing that other people have differing views. To me, like to many liberal Muslims in Germany, the Hijab is a symbol of sex segregation. Progressive Muslima in Germany don't wear it.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2012 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Matt Browne

No human being knows everything, Abu Loren. I don't. I see forums as an opportunity for exchanging views. To me it's a very normal thing that other people have differing views. To me, like to many liberal Muslims in Germany, the Hijab is a symbol of sex segregation. Progressive Muslima in Germany don't wear it.

If I'm not mistaken the majority of Muslims in Germany are Turks and I wouldn't say they are progressive but I would call them 'Westernised Muslims'.

The verse I gave you is from the Holy Qur'an and not a hadith of the Prophet pbuh). God is telling all women who believe and fear Him to cover up. You can have your views however distorted they may be.
IP IP Logged
hakeema
Female Islam
Groupie
Groupie

Quote hakeema Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2012 at 9:23am
As-Salaam Alaikum Abu Loren,

"Never Explain yourself to Anyone. Because the Person who Likes you doesn't Need it. And the Person who Dislikes you won't Believe it".

Understand what I am saying Abu Loren.

Hakeema
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2012 at 9:33am
Originally posted by hakeema

As-Salaam Alaikum Abu Loren,

"Never Explain yourself to Anyone. Because the Person who Likes you doesn't Need it. And the Person who Dislikes you won't Believe it".

Understand what I am saying Abu Loren.

Hakeema

Wa Alaikkum As'alaam dear sis

The thing is we have to try and educate these infildils. Lol.

However rude and obnoxious they are.... Insha'Allah they will see the light and the Truth from the Holy Qur'an.
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 16 October 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne

Matt,
those terms are not Islamic. The only term that describes a true believer is "Muslim". There is no other term that describes it. Progressive Muslims, liberal Muslims, moderate Muslims, extremist Muslims, those are product of western world's choice of words describing how it distinguishes between who they approve of and who they don't.
Only those who follow the Quran are Muslims in the sight of the one who sent it. Who is good in who's sight in this world we give them a different name but the reality remains what it is, in front of God. And that's what matters to a follower of the Quran, a Muslim.

3:114 (Y. Ali) They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong; and they hasten (in emulation) in (all) good works: They are in the ranks of the righteous.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 16 October 2012 at 12:55pm
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version