Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups New Muslims
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups New Muslims
Message Icon Topic: Why Are Muslim Humiliated Today? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
abjad

Online Status: Offline
Quote abjad Replybullet Topic: Why Are Muslim Humiliated Today?
    Posted: 13 July 2012 at 8:21pm

asalaam aleykum.

my dear brothers

I have to put this before you and the idea is to bring up the fact that...
We as followers are trying very hard for our religion but i think our Muslims Leaders with their advisers need to check bellow:-

God sent you His Book so that by reading it you may know Him and learn the way of obeying Him.

Did you ever try to find out what is written in it? (DID THEY ?)

God sent His Prophet to you to teach you the method of becoming Muslim.

Did you ever try to find out what His Prophet has taught?(DID THEY ?)

God showed you the way to attain honour and dignity in this world and the Hereafter.

Do you follow/DO THEY ?

IF Yes, then if i may ask are these the blessings of Kuran ?

Why i post this?

Dear brethren!
Whatever I have said today in my lectures is not intended to blame you.

I have not come as a censurer.

My aim is to make you keen to recover what has been lost.

The anxiety to regain a lost asset arises when a man realizes what actually he has lost and how valuable it was.

That is why I try to awaken you.

If you are aroused and understand that in reality a highly precious object was in your possession, then you will think about regaining it.

wa-Maa - aleyna -ILLA Lbalaa'gh
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2012 at 2:01pm
Assalamu alaika Abjad.

Nobody has responded to you important arousal question. It is indeed what I have been trying to point to the members of this forum. The humiliation here is insignificant, for the highest and most unbecoming humiliation will be in the Hereafter when the majority of the followers of Muhammad will say: If I had but only listened and use my faculty of discrimination, I would not have been in hell-fire.
Out of 1.0 billion followers, only 19 have read your post! Don't be annoyed!
The reason for the humiliation is course ignorance and arrogance in the basic and fundamental teaching of Muhammad Rasulullah! If you are serious, imagine what is going on in the two holy mosques! Have you read: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1468070444/ref=cm_sw_su_dp? Is the author telling the truth or he is a joker?

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 07 November 2012 at 2:02pm
IP IP Logged
Nausheen

Quote Nausheen Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2012 at 4:46pm
When the Apostle of Allah went to Taif with the message, the elders and prominent figures did not even care to meet him. The adults went into their houses and ignored him. While, sent their children on streets to make fun of him and stone him. - This was not just humiliation, rather a very cruel humiliation of the Best of Creation!

Why muslims are being humliated today is too simple a question, but the reason is not a one line response.
There are many many aspects to it.

Firstly we have to understand that not every muslim in every circumstance is humiliated. It depends where we are and what we are doing.

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf of Zaytuna Institute was called from President's Office Washington DC to advise Geroge Bush after the 9/11 incident. This was not a humiliation of a muslim rather quite the contratry. Why was he selected from so many muslims in US? Why was he not humiliated in the president's office after he was invited? Perhaps there is an answer here for why muslims are being humiliated today, while he was not. So, who is he and how does he go about his business being a muslim? 

The Quran says Allah does not change the condition of a people, unless they change their condition themselves.
If we had honor some years ago, and have lost it now, its because we have changed our conditions by our own deeds.
If we want to go back to the state of honor, again we need to make it happen through our own deeds.

Before we make an effort to impress non-muslims (so that they stop humiliating us) we need to look at our community and build ties. We have to stop critisizing eachother for our minor failings, shortcommings and weaknesses. We need to find common grounds and dissolve our differences. We need to learn to love and respect eachother - then spread this sentiment globally.
-Shia/Sunni, Barelwi/Wahabi, practicing/moderate, hijabi/non-hijabi and so on - we must stop these discriminations within our community and embrace eachother as muslims of one millah - one ummah - beleivers in One God. The humiliation will begin to stop from here.

That is the frist step.

Next comes in the need to educate ourselves and our new generation about the true teachings of Islam. 
In the age of internet, knowledge is under our fingertips. There are so many, many people who are trying to spread knowledge in an organized and systematic way through online academies. We all should join one of them and start our enlightenment process.
It is really, really very sad that today we can compile entire Quran in one CD and volumes of hadith lit. can be conpressed in small electronic devices but our hearts are more empty of their content than in the times when people had to travel months, leave the comfort and safety of their homes  to seek the same sacred knowledge.

Everyone should start from within and spread from the immediate family, close freinds.

Personally I believe if humiliation is reciprocated with goodness and nobility of character its impact is much bigger.
When someone burns a copy of the Quran, prints cartoons or movies against our beloved prophet, we forget his response to the people of Taif.
What did he do when he was stoned and humiliated by the people of Taif? Did he burn sacred books of others, kill others in rage and assassinate ammassadors who had nothing to do with his humiliation?
Or did he make dua to Allah for their forgiveness and guidence to straight path?

I love these lines of Talib Al Habib:

When his blessed body was pierced by rocks
With blood streaming forth he gave this response:
O Allah forgive them for they know not.
Send Peace on him and his family!

Allahumma salli ala sayyidina Muhammad wa ala alihi wa sahbihi wa sallam!

Edited by Nausheen - 07 November 2012 at 4:58pm
Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa
Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena
wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2012 at 10:07pm
Assalamu alaiki Nausheen.

You have elaborated what Abjad and I said. But I will take you on your statement that:

Before we make an effort to impress non-muslims (so that they stop humiliating us) we need to look at our community and build ties.
Response:  The word non-muslims is an expression that should have been dropped today. It is better any one not following the Sunna of Muhammad be addressed as one following the faith of his prophet or messenger. This because a 'muslim' is one who submits to the Divine law and Muhammad came with the final message - their aggregates. Allah says: To each of you, We have given a way and Law: If Allah wanted He could have made you all obeying Him. I do not believe that non-muslims do humiliate the followers of Muhammad, but rather the followers of Muhammad humiliate themselves. I have visited many western countries and when I discuss Islam they give an ear of understanding and liking it. Read about the experience of an author in this website: sbpra.com//allamadrsanisalihmustapha.
2. You said: We have to stop critisizing each other for our minor failings, short commings and weaknesses.
Response: There is a great difference between criticism and telling the truth - that is pointing to the appropriate Sunna of Muhammad on that Sunna/action at that instant.  I was opportune to be in your country Japan for one month. I attended the Friday prayer and after concluding it, I asked the Imam why he made the second Khutba in English language. He replied that it is only the first Khutba that must be made in Arabic language and the second one is made in the local language for it explains the first Khutba. I did not disagree although at that time I have no proof of that- that is ignorant of that fatwa. It was later after reading on Khutba that I came across his explanation. But supposing the Imam asked me why should I observe the friday prayer for I am a traveler? I will not believe him and consider his fatwa as  'criticism' or 'opposition' or 'an opinion' for we had so many visits by the Imams of the Ka'ba leading us in friday prayer when they come to commission a mosque built by Saudi Arabia. Technically this is wrong for the holy apostle never observed the friday prayer while on a journey. There is no criticism in the teaching of Muhammad but only telling the truth in confirming all actions to his actions. I am sure you attend friday prayers for there were females in that mosque, who prayed probably in the second floor. I am sure if you were to read the Sunna of Muhammad you will find the Imam making mistakes. Is that criticism if you tell him that he is prolonging the Khutba or read suras outside those read by the holy apostle?.
You said: We need to find common grounds and dissolve our differences. We need to learn to love and respect eachother - then spread this sentiment globally. -Shia/Sunni, Barelwi/Wahabi, practicing/moderate, hijabi/non-hijabi and so on - we must stop these discriminations within our community and embrace each other as muslims of one millah - one ummah - beleivers in One God. The humiliation will begin to stop from here.
Response: It is impossible to achieve that for the common ground has been rejected by the followers of Muhammad. Those are names or descriptions absent in the time of Muhammad and his sahabas. Please remember what happened during the expedition of Banu Al-Mustaliq when in a quarrel a sahaba yelled: O. the Muhajirins and the other yelled O the Helpers! When the holy apostle heard this, he came out of his tent angry and said: You are reverting to the period of ignorance! Stop using such abominable names! You are Muslims! He punished them by making them travel long distance without rest. They were exhausted.
I watched that discussion between President George Bush and Imam Yusuf. I did not like it because Imam Yusuf could not tell George Bush bluntly the primary reason of 9/11. I tried to communicate to him but failed. I did actually wrote to President George telling him that there will never be peace in the world once the Caliphate is not instituted. Who is right?  Imam Yusuf or I?
You said: When someone burns a copy of the Quran,
Response: It is part of the ignorance of the followers of Muhammad to distinguish the holy Qur'an from scientific textbooks for each field of science is an 'ayat' of the holy Qur'an.  For example Allah taught us arithmetic in that 3-7 is equal to ten in Sura 2:196. The entire medical profession is in Sura 17:5. So, what is the wisdom in disallowing the People of the Book from holding and reciting the Qur'an?
You said: we forget his response to the people of Taif.
Response: This is not a good example for the reason behind his visit to Ta'if is as a result of no one to help him at that time in Makka. Anway, Zaid did his best to protect him. I will reserve my comment on that incident in the Hereafter. It was not humiliation for humiliation is only on those who desert Muhammad's actions. Imagine how the bodies of those killed in the battle of badr decomposed instantly. Imagine Abu Jahl killed by a small boy and Umayya killed by his servant Bilal. Hamza was not humiliated by Wahshi. What appears humiliation is a lesson, for example the injury of Muhammad in the battle of Uhud. It was caused by the disobedience to his specific and detailed unequivocal instructions. This is what his followers if facing today!
As you said, the only prescription is going back to his way. We are not ready for that.
Lastly, are you from Indonesia, Malaysia? That mosque was attended by the Malaysians.

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 07 November 2012 at 10:10pm
IP IP Logged
Nausheen

Quote Nausheen Replybullet Posted: 08 November 2012 at 4:40am
Wa Alaika Assalam Friendship,
Thank you for your careful and well worded response to my previous note.

Honestly I dont understand your sentiment thru the post -You do not seem to agree with most of what I said, which is okay. I guess we fail to find common grounds. Its sad, but lets accept the reality anyway.

Which mosque were you attending and in which city?
It is usual practice in Japan to say the Khutba in English. I don't know why it was first said in arabic, when there is only a very small group (naitive arabs) who would understand.
I am also not aware of any rulings regarding a multilingual khutba.

I do not attend Friday prayers. 

I am an Indian.

Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa
Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena
wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 08 November 2012 at 5:04am
Assalamu alaiki Naausheen.

Yes, indeed. We are understanding the Sunna of Muhammad based on Greek and Latin translations of the Qur'an and as such we create difference in opinion  and the confusion facing the Muslim Umma. The Umma neglect the life history Muhammad and his immediate followers as the true way of life. Therefore, no one should explain the meaning of any word outside its actual meaning in Arabic. For example, Islam does not mean religion neither deen. Addua does not meaning supplication but prayers. Muhammad never addressed the Jews or Christians as dis-believers. They have their way of life and he has his way of life. There was no Shia or ahl-al-sunna in his time. No one should  be forced to believe. However, when the time comes for one to believe in Allah, then that is the time for him to understand the Sunna and strictly abide by it.
In Japan I stayed in Tokyo close to Giza district. Although females did not have their own mosque earlier, today they should have their own mosques to observe the friday prayer.  But this is rejected by the Saudi Arabia Ulama and therefore not available all over the Muslim countries, because Muslims regard what they say as final authority.
Please try to learn Arabic language and read. You will then understand what I am saying.

Friendship.

Edited by Friendship - 08 November 2012 at 5:13am
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 08 November 2012 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Friendship

However, when the time comes for one to believe in Allah, then that is the time for him to understand the Sunna and strictly abide by it.

Although females did not have their own mosque earlier, today they should have their own mosques to observe the Friday prayer. 

If we are to strictly abide by the Sunna, why are you suggesting women have their own mosques for Friday prayer, when is was not apart of the Prophet's Sunna, and Friday prayer is not mandatory for women? 
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 08 November 2012 at 9:44am
Assalamu alaikum.

Please read this book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1468070444/ref=cm_sw_su_dp.

Friendship.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version