Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Islam for non-Muslims
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Islam for non-Muslims
Message Icon Topic: I am learning about Islam...But... Post Reply Post New Topic
ILoveAll
Male Islam
Starter
Starter

Online Status: Offline
Quote ILoveAll Replybullet Topic: I am learning about Islam...But...
    Posted: 29 April 2012 at 7:02am
I love god but my faith is weak. I am trying to learning a lot about Islam before I convert like how to pray but it is hard for me to remember the surahs. Can anyone help me?
IP IP Logged
semar

Quote semar Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2012 at 8:37pm
Salam/Peace,

In the beginning you don't to pray in Arabic. You can prya in english first, while you learn the arabic version.

You don't need to be perfect to be something including to be muslim, nobody perfect anyway. learning is th whole life process, so in my opinion  you don't need to wait any longer if you have intention to convert.

Prayer in video:

Quran Memorizer:
Salam/Peace,
Semar
The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full"
"1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 07 June 2012 at 4:03pm
Becoming a Muslim is a life long journey, I was born a Muslim and still I am in process of learning about aspects of Islamic teachings and memorizing more suras.
My wife became Muslim about ten years ago, she still has hard time memorizing suras (not that she is slow) :) its just that way, we learn as we go about this journey as long as we are heading the right direction, the way to our final  destination. And most important, direct our service and worship to none other but our maker, God Almighty.
May Allah help us all in our efforts and guide us to the right, Ameen.
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
shaheed

Quote shaheed Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2012 at 5:07am
Dear Bro.,
It's so easy and not any hard, all what u have to do is, go to any islamic centre and (after fully convinced) convert to Islam, then they will guide you as to what u have to do, as far as memorizing Surah and stuff, that will come gradually. Like I'm a Mulim born and I'm over 40 yrs. but till now I dont memorize more than 30-40 Surah of the 114 Surahs.

It's not necessary to memorize many Surah to perform your prayers....the only Must is one Surah (Surat Alfatiha) and then you can memorize one or two Surah ( there are soooo small Suras (may be two or three lines....that u can start with, then u go on learning path. it's just interesting.
DO IT....

Edited by shaheed - 12 August 2012 at 5:08am
IP IP Logged
Nausheen

Quote Nausheen Replybullet Posted: 29 August 2012 at 12:46am
There are many surahs I want to learn, but feel like a hypocrite even as I write this, because my efforts are so lacking!

In experience, if we repeat small protions of Quran everyday eventually we tend to retain them.

Another way to memorising_made_easy is by 'trying' to learn arabic. It has definitely helped me a great deal.

wishing you all the best in your road to success, ameen.
Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa
Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena
wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version