Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: CRUCIFIED OR CRUCIPLAYED Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 20 Next >>
Placid
Male Christian

Online Status: Offline
Quote Placid Replybullet Posted: 10 February 2013 at 10:17am
Hi Truthnow,

Quoted from about two thirds of the way down page 11 concerning the Holy Spirit:
Quote: It is also in the O.T. --- Prophet Solomon is reported in Proverbs 8:22-27 (NIV) to have said:
"22 The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; 23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. 24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water; 25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth, 26 before he made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world. 27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,

Response: --- You do a great injustice to the Scripture to take something out of context to support an inaccurate argument. --- As you will notice Proverb 8 refers to WISDOM.

Often, Solomon used poetry to describe the attributes of God, and this Proverb is called:
The Excellence of Wisdom

8:1 Does not wisdom cry out,
And understanding lift up her voice?
2 She takes her stand on the top of the high hill,
Beside the way, where the paths meet.
3 She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city,
At the entrance of the doors:
4 “To you, O men, I call,
And my voice is to the sons of men.
5 O you simple ones, understand prudence,
And you fools, be of an understanding heart.
6 Listen, for I will speak of excellent things,
And from the opening of my lips will come right things;
7 For my mouth will speak truth;

11 11 For wisdom is better than rubies,
And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.
12 “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion.

--- And all of the verses refer to Wisdom which was an ‘attribute’ of God from the beginning.

Placid

IP IP Logged
Webber

Quote Webber Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2013 at 8:59pm
Remember He saved Jonah from the whale? He saved Abraham from the fire, He saved Noah from the flood and many other examples of His assistance when needed. Same too with Jesus. Jesus is not dead. If he is dead, he will not be coming again to this world soon. Dead people cannot return to the world. But that is another story.
There are many differences in the languages and terminology that sometimes it's hard to see the similaraties. No forget there are those that don't want similarities.
Is true, dead people don't come back, but people don't live 2000+ years either. I'm not sure I understand the Islamic concept of life and death here.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
IP IP Logged
Placid
Male Christian

Quote Placid Replybullet Posted: 12 February 2013 at 11:42am
Hi Truthnow,

In discussing who the Holy Spirit, it is good to examine what it says in the Quran, is it not?

2:87 And verily We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We supported him with the Holy Spirit.

2:253 Those apostles We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them God spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit.

4:171 People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a Spirit from Him.

5:110 Then will God say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'”

16:102 Say, the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims.

17:85 They ask thee concerning the Spirit (of inspiration). Say: "The Spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)"

21:91 And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a Sign for all peoples.

26:192-3 Verily this is a Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds: With it came down the Spirit of Faith and Truth -

32:7 and 9 He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with (nothing more than) clay, (9) But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His Spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding).

40:15 Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting, -

42:52 And thus have We inspired in thee (Muhammad) a Spirit of Our command. Thou knewest not what the Scripture was, nor what the Faith. But We have made it a light whereby We guide whom We will of Our bondmen. And lo! thou verily dost guide unto a right path,

58:22 Thou wilt not find any people who believe in God and the Last Day, loving those who resist God and His Apostle, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a Spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). God will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of God. Truly it is the Party of God that will achieve Felicity (success).

66:12 And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our Spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).

These all speak of the Spirit of God from heaven, do they not? --- And not a human spirit.

Placid

IP IP Logged
Placid
Male Christian

Quote Placid Replybullet Posted: 18 February 2013 at 7:47pm
Hi Caringheart and Nur

Quote from Page 10:
Me too. At first I was quite confused between soul and spirit. Now I do have a better understanding. The spirit is the Ruh belonging to Allah. When it enters our body, it becomes the Nafs with desires, lust, passion. And our duty in this earth is to control this Nafs. If we feed it, it becomes bloated and will be our master, however if we ignore it's demands, the status of the Nafs will increase. But the Ruh is still there, because without the Ruh, we are just a piece of useless flesh. Our prophet Muhammad Rasulullah ever mentioned that the biggest jihad or struggle is against one's Nafs (also known as ego).

Response: --- I believe your study of the natural spirit of man (without which we would not have life), is confusing you about the Holy Spirit of God that indwelt Jesus while on earth, and who He said would indwell His disciples after He was taken up to heaven. John 14:15-17.
--- And on the Day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit was given to them in Acts 2.

They were all alive with Jesus having body, soul, and spirit, when Jesus said they would be filled with the Holy Spirit, and “They were endued with power from on High.” Acts 1:8.

However, God gives His Holy Spirit to those He chooses, so it is not something that comes with us at birth. If you check the above post of verses from the Quran I think you will see they refer to the Holy Spirit from heaven, given to individuals.

An easy way to consider it, is that we are naturally three part beings of body, soul, and spirit. --- When the Holy Spirit comes in to ‘indwell’ the body, the Spiritual person becomes a four part being of body, soul, spirit, and Holy Spirit.
At the time of death, the Holy Spirit takes the soul to heaven. --- The body returns to the dust, and the natural spirit returns to God who gave it.    

Is that not your understanding, Caringheart, that when Christians are converted, after accepting God’s plan of salvation, then go through the inner struggle, the personal ‘jihad’ to become surrendered and obedient to the will of God. --- Then, as you say, the Holy Spirit comes in as a ‘light’ --- and His presence gives the assurance of eternal life, does it not?

--- So this is when Spiritual Christians say they are ‘Saved’ or ‘Born again’ or ‘Born of the Spirit,’ --- is it not? --- As it says in John 5:
24 Jesus said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him (God) who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.”

Placid

IP IP Logged
truthnowcome

Senior  Member

Quote truthnowcome Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2013 at 12:02am
<>

Originally posted by Webber

Originally posted by truthnowcome

<>

Note: All spirits that proceeded from Allah (S) are holy, thus, they are Holy Spirits!

Jinn too?

It is mentioned in Qur’an 42:51 :

“It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah’s permission, what Allah wills: for he is most high, most wise.” (Q.42:51)

That verse is very important to clarify how revelations come. It mentioned three ways: By inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal.

• By inspiration: receiving the message without seeing any one (hearing from the inside and having vision).
  • From behind a veil: The ascension of Muhammad (S) to the Heaven where he (S) spoke with Allah (S) behind a veil.
  • By the sending of a messenger to reveal: Gabriel/Jibreel (S) come as a man

So God hides when he talks to people or He sends a spirit to become a man..

Peace my friend!

That’s the most foolish question I ever had; it is very clear above! The title Ruh (Spirit) was given to Gabriel (S) and he come from the spiritual plain in to the physical plain he appears as a well made man.

“Say: Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel-for he brings down the (revelation) to thy heart by Allah's will, a confirmation of what went before, and guidance and glad tidings for those who believe,-“ (Qur’an 2:97)

Qul man kana AAaduwwan lijibreela fainnahu nazzalahu AAala qalbika biithni Allahi musaddiqan lima bayna yadayhi wahudan wabushra lilmumineena (Q.2:97)

In the above verse is say Gabriel (S) brought the revelation; in the verse below it says the “Holy Spirit” brought the revelation which means Gabriel (S) is the “Holy Spirit” (Roohu alqudus):

Ř  قُلْ نَزَّلَهُ رُوحُ الْقُدُسِ مِن رَّبِّكَ بِالْحَقِّ لِيُثَبِّتَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَهُدًى وَبُشْرَى لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ (16:102)

Qul nazzalahu roohu alqudusi min rabbika bialhaqqi liyuthabbita allatheena amanoo wahudan wabushra lilmuslimeena

“Say, the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims. (Qur’an16:102)

The God of the O.T. has (Holy) Spirits by the thousand. It is mentioned in Rev.4:5

“And out of the throne preceded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.” Rev.4:5

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. Rev.4:6 

What are these eyes? They represented Spirits:

…and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. Rev.5:6

From thousands of spirits to seven. Rev 5:6, half a verse. Forgot the first part of it?

And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.  Rev.4:8

Eye represents “spirit” and those spirits are spirits from God Almighty and they are Holy. What are they doing? They are praising God Almighty saying: “Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty”.

So we can see God Almighty has Holy Spirits by the thousands! The Spirit (Ruh) and the angels will stand forth in front of Allah (S):

assumptuous. You have taken thousands of spirits, called them seven, then back to whatever number is mentioned. I guess numbers don't mean so much, neither does "full of eyes". Come one come all, buy the new improved slap-chop kitchen tool of the century!

[quote]

Blind people don’t see! Scriptures explained scriptures; “eyes” represents “Spirit” …and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. Rev.5:6

In this verse the four beasts full of “eyes”. What they represent? “SPIRIT!”: And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.  Rev.4:8

ALL THOSE SPIRITS BELOUNG TO GOD, IT’S GOD’S SPIRIT, HE CREATED THEM AND EVERY THING THAT EXISTED!

If you had comprehend my message you will recognize that all the children of Adam was back there in the beginning in “Spirits” (Ruh) then God bread them into their body he created for them.

Allah (S) said:

Ř  فَإِذَا سَوَّيْتُهُ وَنَفَخْتُ فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِي فَقَعُوا لَهُ سَاجِدِينَ (38:72)

Faitha sawwaytuhu wanafakhtu feehi min roohee faqaAAoo lahu sajideena (Qur’an 38:72)

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." (Qur’an 38:72)

That spirit which Allah (S) breathed into Adam (S) is the spirit he created for Adam (S) and after that he created all the spirits of Adam’s descendants at the beginning. They were and are spiritual being and they were sent here on earth at their appointed time until the Day of Judgment. It is mentioned in His Noble Book the Qur’an:

“When thy Lord drew forth from the Children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants, and made them testify concerning themselves, (saying): “Am I not your Lord (who cherishes and sustains you)?” They said: “Yea! We do testify!” (This), lest ye should say on the Day of Judgment: “Varily, we have been unaware of this”

Or lest ye should say: “It was Our fathers before us may have taken false gods, but we are (their) descendants after them: wilt Thou then destroy us who took others as partnesrin worship along with Allah, and we were (merely their) decendants after them; will you then destroy us because of the  deeds of men?”  Al-A'raf (The Heights) 7:172-173  

All the children of Adam’s were created at the beginning in spirit (Rooh) and were testifying concerning the one true God-Allah (S) that He is their Lord, so that, on the Day of Judgment they will have no excuses.

SO “SPIRITS” (RUH) WAS BY THOUSAND OF THOUSANDS DEPENDS UPON HOW MANY HUMAN HE CREATED AND YET TO CREATE. There is a Hadith to the effect: when some one is conceived after 6 weeks then the Angel bring the (Ruh) spirit and place inside of the child but the Scholars translates the word (Ruh) as “soul”.

[quote]

“The Day that the spirit and the angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is permitted by (Allah) Most Gracious, and He will say what is right.” (Qur’an 78:38)

Br. zainool

NOTE: Spirit is singular, not plural, not multiple, as in thousands.

Dang that new math.

I can see it says “spirit”. I don’t know if there is a plural word for Spirit (Ruh) in Arabic, However, as you can see it is talking about the day of Judgment; and who will have to stand in front of Allah (S) on that day? The Angels and Humans.

Allah (S) said:

‘The spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)’" (Qur’an 17:85)

Br. zainool

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
IP IP Logged
truthnowcome

Senior  Member

Quote truthnowcome Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2013 at 12:46am
<>

Originally posted by Placid

Hi Truthnow,

In discussing who the Holy Spirit, it is good to examine what it says in the Quran, is it not?

2:87 And verily We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We supported him with the Holy Spirit.

2:253 Those apostles We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them God spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit.

4:171 People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a Spirit from Him.

5:110 Then will God say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the Holy Spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'”

16:102 Say, the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims.

17:85 They ask thee concerning the Spirit (of inspiration). Say: "The Spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)"

21:91 And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a Sign for all peoples.

26:192-3 Verily this is a Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds: With it came down the Spirit of Faith and Truth -

32:7 and 9 He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with (nothing more than) clay, (9) But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His Spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding).

40:15 Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting, -

42:52 And thus have We inspired in thee (Muhammad) a Spirit of Our command. Thou knewest not what the Scripture was, nor what the Faith. But We have made it a light whereby We guide whom We will of Our bondmen. And lo! thou verily dost guide unto a right path,

58:22 Thou wilt not find any people who believe in God and the Last Day, loving those who resist God and His Apostle, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a Spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). God will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of God. Truly it is the Party of God that will achieve Felicity (success).

66:12 And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our Spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).

These all speak of the Spirit of God from heaven, do they not? --- And not a human spirit.

Placid

All Spirits belongs to God Almighty; there are God’s Spirit, they will have to stand on the Day of Judgment in ranks, they are in now way a part of God.

“The Day that the spirit and the angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is permitted by (Allah) Most Gracious, and He will say what is right.” (Qur’an 78:38)

That spirit which Allah (S) breathed into Adam (S) is the spirit he created for Adam (S) and after that he created all the spirits of Adam’s descendants at the beginning. They are all God’s Spirit, they belongs to him because He created them. They were and are spiritual being and they were sent here on earth at their appointed time until the Day of Judgment. It is mentioned in His Noble Book the Qur’an:

“When thy Lord drew forth from the Children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants, and made them testify concerning themselves, (saying): “Am I not your Lord (who cherishes and sustains you)?” They said: “Yea! We do testify!” (This), lest ye should say on the Day of Judgment: “Varily, we have been unaware of this”

Or lest ye should say: “It was Our fathers before us may have taken false gods, but we are (their) descendants after them: wilt Thou then destroy us who took others as partnesrin worship along with Allah, and we were (merely their) decendants after them; will you then destroy us because of the  deeds of men?”  Al-A'raf (The Heights) 7:172-173  

All the children of Adam’s were created at the beginning in spirit (Rooh) and were testifying concerning the one true God-Allah (S) that He is their Lord, so that, on the Day of Judgment they will have no excuses.

When Allah (S) says he strengthen you with the Spirit (Ruh) He is referring to spiritual being which are Angels.

Although Gabriel (S) has the title “Roohu alqudus” (Holy Spirit) in another verse he was called “Spirit (Rooh)” alone in short and was translates as “angel” and that was at the announcement to Mary of birth of Jesus (S), it read:

Faittakhathat min doonihim hijaban faarsalna ilayha roohana fatamaththala laha basharan sawiyyan (Qur’an 19:17)

She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. (Qur’an 19:17)

The word used there is “ilayha roohana”. The reason why it translates as “angel” is because it was Gabriel (S) who visits Mary.

Allah (S) also strengthens the Believers (Muslims) with spirit from Himself (roohin minhu):

La tajidu qawman yuminoona biAllahi waalyawmi alakhiri yuwaddoona man hadda Allaha warasoolahu walaw kanoo abaahum aw abnaahum aw ikhwanahum aw AAasheeratahum olaika kataba fee quloobihimu aleemana waayyadahum biroohin minhu wayudkhiluhum jannatin tajree min tahtiha alanharu khalideena feeha radiya Allahu AAanhum waradoo AAanhu olaika hizbu Allahi ala inna hizba Allahi humu almuflihoona (Qur’an 58:22)

“Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah (Hezbullah). Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Success.” (Qur’an 58:22)

And Allah (S) said He:

Ř  رَفِيعُ الدَّرَجَاتِ ذُو الْعَرْشِ يُلْقِي الرُّوحَ مِنْ أَمْرِهِ عَلَى مَن يَشَاء مِنْ عِبَادِهِ لِيُنذِرَ يَوْمَ التَّلَاقِ (40:15)

RafeeAAu alddarajati thoo alAAarshi yulqee alrrooha min amrihi AAala man yashao min AAibadihi liyunthira yawma alttalaqi (Qur’an 40:15)

“Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,” (Qur’an 40:15)

The Spirit of inspiration is angel. Proof:

Faittakhathat min doonihim hijaban faarsalna ilayha roohana fatamaththala laha basharan sawiyyan (Qur’an 19:17)

She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. (Qur’an 19:17)

The word used there is “ilayha roohana. Angels also call Ruh (spirit) because they are spiritual beings.

It mentioned in the Qur’an: “But verily over you (are appointed angels) to protect you. Q.82:10

For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him. Q.13:11

He is the irresistible, (watching) from above over His worshippers, and He sets guardians over you. At length, when death approaches one of you, Our angels take his soul, and they never fail in their duty. Q.6:61

Br. zainool

IP IP Logged
truthnowcome

Senior  Member

Quote truthnowcome Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2013 at 1:09am
<>

Originally posted by Placid

Hi Truthnow,

Quoted from about two thirds of the way down page 11 concerning the Holy Spirit:
Quote: It is also in the O.T. --- Prophet Solomon is reported in Proverbs 8:22-27 (NIV) to have said:
"22 The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; 23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. 24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water; 25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth, 26 before he made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world. 27 I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,

Response: --- You do a great injustice to the Scripture to take something out of context to support an inaccurate argument. --- As you will notice Proverb 8 refers to WISDOM.

Often, Solomon used poetry to describe the attributes of God, and this Proverb is called:
The Excellence of Wisdom

8:1 Does not wisdom cry out,
And understanding lift up her voice?
2 She takes her stand on the top of the high hill,
Beside the way, where the paths meet.
3 She cries out by the gates, at the entry of the city,
At the entrance of the doors:
4 “To you, O men, I call,
And my voice is to the sons of men.
5 O you simple ones, understand prudence,
And you fools, be of an understanding heart.
6 Listen, for I will speak of excellent things,
And from the opening of my lips will come right things;
7 For my mouth will speak truth;

11 11 For wisdom is better than rubies,
And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.
12 “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion.

--- And all of the verses refer to Wisdom which was an ‘attribute’ of God from the beginning.

Placid

Nice try, but it is verse I to 21 spoke of God Almighty.

22 to 30 are about Prophet Solomon (S). I add brackets to expose you blindness.

22 The Lord (Gog Almighty) possessed me (Solomon) in the beginning of his way, before his (God Almighty) works of old.

23 I (Solomon) was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths, I (Solomon) was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I (Solomon) brought forth:

26 WHILE AS YET he (God Almighty) had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

27 When he (God Almighty) prepared the heavens, I  (Solomon) WAS THERE: when he (God Almighty) set a compass upon the face of the depth:

28 When he (GD) established the clouds above: when he (GD) strengthened the fountains of the deep:

29 When he (GD) gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he (GD) appointed the foundations of the earth:

30 Then I (Solomon) was by him (God Almighty), as one brought up with him: and I (Solomon) was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs%208&version=KJV

Br. zainool

Edited by truthnowcome - 23 February 2013 at 1:19am
IP IP Logged
truthnowcome

Senior  Member

Quote truthnowcome Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2013 at 1:30am
<>

Originally posted by truthnowcome

<>

Note: All spirits that proceeded from Allah (S) are holy, thus, they are Holy Spirits!

Jinn too?

When I speak of Spirit it is the "Ruh" and not Jinn although Jinn are spiritual being. There are also Good jinn and evil Jinn.

Click on this link and watch the video: <>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_kpBGjh-fiE

Br. zainool

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 20 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version