Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: CRUCIFIED OR CRUCIPLAYED Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 20 Next >>
truthnowcome

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote truthnowcome Replybullet Posted: 03 February 2013 at 9:34pm
<>

Note: All spirits that proceeded from Allah (S) are holy, thus, they are Holy Spirits!

It is mentioned in Qur’an 42:51 :

“It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah’s permission, what Allah wills: for he is most high, most wise.” (Q.42:51)

That verse is very important to clarify how revelations come. It mentioned three ways: By inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal.

• By inspiration: receiving the message without seeing any one (hearing from the inside and having vision).
  • From behind a veil: The ascension of Muhammad (S) to the Heaven where he (S) spoke with Allah (S) behind a veil.
  • By the sending of a messenger to reveal: Gabriel/Jibreel (S) come as a man.

The God of the O.T. has (Holy) Spirits by the thousand. It is mentioned in Rev.4:5

“And out of the throne preceded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.” Rev.4:5

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. Rev.4:6 

What are these eyes? They represented Spirits:

…and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. Rev.5:6

And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.  Rev.4:8

Eye represents “spirit” and those spirits are spirits from God Almighty and they are Holy. What are they doing? They are praising God Almighty saying: “Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty”.

So we can see God Almighty has Holy Spirits by the thousands! The Spirit (Ruh) and the angels will stand forth in front of Allah (S):

Ø  يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الرُّوحُ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ صَفًّا لَّا يَتَكَلَّمُونَ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرحْمَنُ وَقَالَ صَوَابًا (78:38)

Yawma yaqoomu alrroohu waalmalaikatu saffan la yatakallamoona illa man athina lahu alrrahmanu waqala sawaban (Qur’an 78:38)

“The Day that the spirit and the angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is permitted by (Allah) Most Gracious, and He will say what is right.” (Qur’an 78:38)

Br. zainool
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
IP IP Logged
truthnowcome

Senior  Member

Quote truthnowcome Replybullet Posted: 04 February 2013 at 2:42am
<>

THE SOUL

THE HUMAN’S SOUL

As we understood what is the Human’s Spirit we must know also what the human’s soul is. The word used for soul in Hebrew is Nephesh”, in Arabic “Nafs” and in Greek “psuche”.

Now, what is the “Soul” and how the “Soul” came into being? The bible book of Genesis stated as follow:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.  Genesis 2:7 

The Qur’an mentioned: Faitha sawwaytuhu wanafakhtu feehi min roohee faqaAAoo lahu sajideena (Qur’an 38:72)

"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him." (Qur’an 38:72)

The bible verse stated:

God form man…and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life…where as the Qur’an stated: I have…breathed into him of My spirit (min roohee)

That would mean the breath of life is the “spirit” (Rooh) and that is the “Spirit” God Almighty created for Adam (S). I have said before when Allah (S) says: “We breathed into him of my spirit!”  It does not mean the spirit that Allah (S) bread into Adam (S) is Allah (S) or part of Allah (S). How do we know that? Allah (S) gives us the answer in his Noble Book the Qur’an, He mentioned:

يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الرُّوحُ وَالْمَلَائِكَةُ صَفًّا لَّا يَتَكَلَّمُونَ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرحْمَنُ وَقَالَ صَوَابًا (78:38)

Yawma yaqoomu alrroohu waalmalaikatu saffan la yatakallamoona illa man athina lahu alrrahmanu waqala sawaban

“The Day that the spirit and the angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is permitted by (Allah) Most Gracious, and He will say what is right.” (Qur’an 78:38)

On the Day of Judgment the Spirit (Rooh) and the angels will stand forth in ranks in front of Allah (S). If the spirit (Ruh) was Allah (S) then that would mean on the Day of Judgment Allah (S) will stand forth in front of himself which is incorrect. When Allah (S) used the term “My Spirit” it simply means everything belongs to Allah (S), example: My throne, My universe, My servants, My angels, My Spirit etc.; all was created  by Allah (S) for a purpose.

That spirit which Allah (S) breathed into Adam (S) is the spirit he created for Adam (S) and after that he created all the spirits of Adam’s descendants at the beginning. They were and are spiritual being and they were sent here on earth at their appointed time until the Day of Judgment. It is mentioned in His Noble Book the Qur’an:

“When thy Lord drew forth from the Children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants, and made them testify concerning themselves, (saying): “Am I not your Lord (who cherishes and sustains you)?” They said: “Yea! We do testify!” (This), lest ye should say on the Day of Judgment: “Varily, we have been unaware of this”

Or lest ye should say: “It was Our fathers before us may have taken false gods, but we are (their) descendants after them: wilt Thou then destroy us who took others as partnesrin worship along with Allah, and we were (merely their) decendants after them; will you then destroy us because of the deeds of men?”  Al-A'raf (The Heights) 7:172-173  

All the children of Adam’s were created at the beginning in spirit (Rooh) and were testifying concerning the one true God-Allah (S) that He is their Lord, so that, on the Day of Judgment they will have no excuses.

From a “Spirit” we became a living “soul” as mentioned here in Genesis 2:7 And the LORD formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” 

When God Almighty breadth into man the “Spirit” (Rooh) man “became” a living “Soul’ (Nafs/ Nephesh/ psuche); and the “soul” is that which thinketh and liveth; man became alive, aware and conscious. When the Soul leaves you become unconscious and unaware of everything yet you are not dead. He Allah (S) rise you up again when He returns your soul. It mentioned in the Qur’an:

It is He who doth take your souls by night, and hath knowledge of all that ye have done by day: by day doth He raise you up again; that a term appointed be fulfilled; In the end unto Him will be your return; then will He show you the truth of all that ye did.” Q.6:60

The soul also dies:

Nor can a soul die except by Allah's leave, the term being fixed as by writing. If any do desire a reward in this life, We shall give it to him; and if any do desire a reward in the Hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve us with) gratitude.” Q.3:145

The soul also varies in degrees depending on how you discipline it. In Islam the first Jehad (struggle) is Jehad of the nafs (the soul). It is mentioned in the Qur’an 12:53

"Nor do I absolve my own self (of blame): the (human) soul is certainly prone to evil, unless my Lord do bestow His Mercy: but surely my Lord is Oft- forgiving, Most Merciful." 12:53

The soul is one though its state may change from the one which direct to sin, an-Nafs al-Amara, to the oft blaming soul, an-Nafs al- lawwama, to the soul at peace, an-Nafs al-Mutma’inna which is the final aim of perfection.

The soul at peace has an angel as its ally, who assists and guides it. That angel cast good into the soul, make it desire goodness and keep away from evil deeds.

It mentioned in the Qur’an: “But verily over you (are appointed angels) to protect you. Q.82:10

For each (such person) there are (angels) in succession, before and behind him. Q.13:11

He is the irresistible, (watching) from above over His worshippers, and He sets guardians over you. At length, when death approaches one of you, Our angels take his soul, and they never fail in their duty. Q.6:61

Muslims who soul attains that final state “an-Nafs al-Mutma’inna” are those whom Allah (S) has mentioned in the Qur’an58:22

Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah (Hezbullah). Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Success.” (Qur’an 58:22)

The soul nafs al-Amara is which command you to committing of evil; it has Shaitan (Satan) as its ally. He gives it (soul) promises of good reward and benefit, and casts falsehood into it. He instructs it and entices it to do evil. He gives it more hope and show it falsehood in a form that it would accept and admire. Allah (S) warns us:

“O ye Children of Adam! Let not satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the evil ones friends (only) to those without faith.” Q.7:27

“Then began satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest ye should become angels or such beings as live for ever." Q.7:20

When the suffering reached them from us, why then did they not learn humility? On the contrary their hearts became hardened, and satan made their (sinful) acts seem alluring to them. Q.6:43

We were reminded:

“O ye who believe! Guard your own souls: If ye follow (right) guidance, no hurt can come to you from those who stray. The goal of you all is to Allah. it is He that will show you the truth of all that ye do. Q.5:105

Evil as an example are people who reject Our signs and wrong their own souls. Q.7:177

Behold! how they lie against their own souls! But the (lie) which they invented will leave them in the lurch. Q. 6:24

Others they keep away from it, and themselves they keep away; but they only destroy their own souls, and they perceive it not. Q.6:26

Allah (S) informs us:

“If thou couldst see, when the angels take the souls of the Unbelievers (at death), (How) they smite their faces and their backs, (saying): "Taste the penalty of the blazing Fire- Q.8:50

"On the Day when every soul will be confronted with all the good it has done, and all the evil it has done, it will wish there were a great distance between it and its evil. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself. And Allah is full of kindness to those that serve Him." Q.3:30

Every soul that hath sinned, if it possessed all that is on earth, would fain give it in ransom: They would declare (their) repentance when they see the penalty: but the judgment between them will be with justice, and no wrong will be done unto them. Q.10:54

It also mentioned in the bible Matthew 16:26 “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?” Mt 16:26

“O ye who believe! Guard your own souls: If ye follow (right) guidance, no hurt can come to you from those who stray. The goal of you all is to Allah. it is He that will show you the truth of all that ye do. Q.5:105

Guarding your own soul is to believe in one true God; all the prophets in the pass included Jesus (S) thought that same message.

Jesus (S) in his final message he looks up to the Heaven and gives thanks to God Almighty for affording him to give eternal life to all whom God Almighty has chosen; and that is to believe in the one true God and Jesus the Messiah whom He has sent.

“1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.”(John 17:1-2)

This is what he said:

3And this is life eternal, that they (the disciples or who call themselves Christian) might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou (the only true God) hast sent.” (John 17:1-2); And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Luke 4:8)

That is the declaration of faith at the time of Jesus (S), in other words, is to believe in no other deity except the one true God Allah (S) and Jesus (S) is the messenger of Allah (S) and you will received ETERNAL LIFE. Same declaration Muslims make except that at the end they say, Muhammad (S) is the messenger of Allah (S). That is to say: “I testify that there is no other deity except Allah (S) and I testify that Muhammad (S) is the messenger of Allah (S).”

Also it is mentioned in Matt.19:16-17KJV

“And, behold, one came and said unto him [Jesus (S)], Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.”  Matt.19:16-17KJV  

According to Jesus (S) by keeping the commandments, then you will enter into eternal life; in other words, your soul will save. He himself proclaimed the first commandment, he said: “our God” meaning: his God also.

“And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: V.30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.” Mark 12:29-30

“Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do so, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven.....” (Matthew 5:19)

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

Br. Zainool

Edited by truthnowcome - 04 February 2013 at 2:51am
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 04 February 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Caringheart

This is what I meant by how everything arabic is so complicated.

Caringheart, this is not about Arabic, but more on the teachings of Tasawwuf - Purification of the self. Perhaps complicated to you means, you have to delve deeper inside you, inside the Ruh, inorder to understand your own self. In Sufi teachings, there is a saying, KNOW YOURSELF BEFORE YOU KNOW GOD. And not many of us knows ourselves.

ye shall find rest unto your souls

Yes, we will find peace in our souls because He is As-Salam - The Bestower of Peace

When you choose to give it over to God you are on a winning path

In Islam it is called REDHA - Content

Some quotes from your reply -
I have made you - ALLAH AL-KHALIQ (THE CREATOR)
I will sustain you - ALLAH AL-MUQIT (THE SUSTAINER)
I will rescue you.- ALLAH AL-WALIY (The ProtectER)
If you still believe that Jesus was crucified, sad case. It contradicts the AlMighty God being Powerful, being The Mighty, The Greatest who is able to rescue and sustain Jesus because He CREATED Jesus His beloved prophet.

Salam
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
IP IP Logged
Webber

Quote Webber Replybullet Posted: 04 February 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by truthnowcome

<>

Note: All spirits that proceeded from Allah (S) are holy, thus, they are Holy Spirits!

Jinn too?

It is mentioned in Qur’an 42:51 :

“It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah’s permission, what Allah wills: for he is most high, most wise.” (Q.42:51)

That verse is very important to clarify how revelations come. It mentioned three ways: By inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal.

• By inspiration: receiving the message without seeing any one (hearing from the inside and having vision).
  • From behind a veil: The ascension of Muhammad (S) to the Heaven where he (S) spoke with Allah (S) behind a veil.
  • By the sending of a messenger to reveal: Gabriel/Jibreel (S) come as a man

So God hides when he talks to people or He sends a spirit to become a man..

The God of the O.T. has (Holy) Spirits by the thousand. It is mentioned in Rev.4:5

“And out of the throne preceded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.” Rev.4:5

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. Rev.4:6 

What are these eyes? They represented Spirits:

…and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. Rev.5:6

From thousands of spirits to seven. Rev 5:6, half a verse. Forgot the first part of it?

And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.  Rev.4:8

Eye represents “spirit” and those spirits are spirits from God Almighty and they are Holy. What are they doing? They are praising God Almighty saying: “Holy, holy, holy, LORD God Almighty”.

So we can see God Almighty has Holy Spirits by the thousands! The Spirit (Ruh) and the angels will stand forth in front of Allah (S):

assumptuous. You have taken thousands of spirits, called them seven, then back to whatever number is mentioned. I guess numbers don't mean so much, neither does "full of eyes". Come one come all, buy the new improved slap-chop kitchen tool of the century!

Br. zainool

NOTE: Spirit is singular, not plural, not multiple, as in thousands.

Dang that new math.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 05 February 2013 at 3:49pm
Greetings Nur_Ilahi,

So you didn't understand then what I was writing?

Crucified with Christ means having power to overcome the temptations of the flesh... having power to overcome the temptations of the world... through faith...
through submission to God, through the example of Jesus.
God shows that with Him we have the power to overcome the flesh
He demonstrates this through the raising up of the flesh from the dead...
Lazurus, and others, through Jesus...
and then Jesus Himself is raised up from the dead.
This is all to demonstrate the power we have in belief in God.

That was the message.
"In Sufi teachings, there is a saying, KNOW YOURSELF BEFORE YOU KNOW GOD. "
I agree very much with this teaching.  It is very similar to what Buddha was trying to teach.  But yes, we must look inward to know God.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 05 February 2013 at 3:53pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 06 February 2013 at 1:58am
Yes I dont understand what you are writing. It is easy to say, but I do not know whether it is applicable to everyday life. How do you overcome the temptations of the flesh in real life? Btw one of the ways of overcoming the temptations of the flesh is by fasting. I understand Jesus the Prophet did fast, but I dont know about his followers.

I tried my best to find a platform where we can find similarities in our religion. But come to the crucifixtion part, I am at a loss. Because you still believe that Jesus was crucified. This crucifixion negates the power of God Almighty. He is The Saviour, He is The Powerful, He is the Sustainer, He is the Judge, He is the All-Seeing. There are many many verses in the Quran stating His Majesty. I don't know many verses that describes God Majestic powers in the Bible. Like He who created the whole Universe.

Remember He saved Jonah from the whale? He saved Abraham from the fire, He saved Noah from the flood and many other examples of His assistance when needed. Same too with Jesus. Jesus is not dead. If he is dead, he will not be coming again to this world soon. Dead people cannot return to the world. But that is another story.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 06 February 2013 at 9:09am
Greetings Nur_Ilahi,

"It is easy to say, but I do not know whether it is applicable to everyday life. How do you overcome the temptations of the flesh in real life?"
Yes it is applicable in everyday life.  I have done it, when I turned my life to God in obedience, and I was able to do this because of knowing the great sacrifice that was made for me.  How could I not repay in kind.  There is 'no greater love than to lay down your life for another'.  Knowing that Jesus laid down His life for me how could I not return that love with obedience to my God and Father... Creator.  It is much easier (in fact it is the only way) to defeat the temptations of the flesh and the world when you are thinking of God and not of self. Heart

"Btw one of the ways of overcoming the temptations of the flesh is by fasting. I understand Jesus the Prophet did fast, but I dont know about his followers. "
Yes, fasting and prayer are very much recommended for the Christian.  I will say that the practice is not a strong one anymore among the lay people(the ordinary people of the faith).  I am sure there are still some that practice it.  I try.  I admit, it is one of my worst failings. 
I know it once was an integral part of the Catholic church anyway, and is still encouraged.  I wish it was something everyone still practiced, this would make it easier to become disciplined about it. 
A person who is serious about their faith will do this... fasting and prayer.  I know many who pray in prayer circles, and prayer groups, but I do not know how many fast.
It is said that there are many benefits to fasting... discipline, becoming closer to God.  As one denies the flesh, one opens the spirit.  Compassion for those who live daily without food, not to mention the healthful cleansing benefits for the body.

"I don't know many verses that describes God Majestic powers in the Bible. Like He who created the whole Universe. "
If you can, read the book of Job sometime.  Smile

"Remember He saved Jonah from the whale? He saved Abraham from the fire, He saved Noah from the flood..."
Yes, God did what was needed to serve His purposes. Smile

It's nice talking with you.  Salaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 06 February 2013 at 9:15am
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 06 February 2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Webber

Hi Webber,
I just got done listening to a most interesting teaching that made me think of this thread. 
Why does God seem sometimes to hide from us?
A Rabbi says;
God teaches us faith the way a parent teaches a child to walk.  At first you stand with the child but as the child gets older
you move further and further away in the hope that the child will learn to walk to you.
God eventually decided to give us more and more room.
God stepped back.  God said to us, look you know the basic rules now, now you have to be grown ups.  It's necessary for human beings, if we're ever going to be more than children.
Seemed worth sharing.

Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 07 February 2013 at 12:19pm
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 20 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version