Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: CRUCIFIED OR CRUCIPLAYED Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 20 Next >>
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Caringheart

Greetings Nur-Ilahi,Thank you for sharing this teaching.  I had not previously heard of 'Ruh'.  I will be reading up to learn more.  Is Ruh mentioned in the Qur'an?

Caringheart, here is one of the verses mentioned in the Quran "They ask you [O Muhammad (saws] concerning the Ruh (Soul). Say: 'It is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given very little."   [Qur'an Al-Israa 17: 85]

Caringheart, remember that we live in the same planet, same earth, same universe, therefore there could only be One God who created all human beings, infact, all the creations in this whole universe. When we (you, me and (all the Ruh - Souls/spirits) were firstly created we then were asked "AllahSWA asked them: "Am I not your Rabb?" They all replied: (قَالُواْبَلَىٰ) "Yes! We bear witness that You are." This We did, lest you mankind should say on the Day of Resurrection: "We were not aware of this fact that You are our Rabb and that there will be a Day of Judgement.[QURAN 7:172]

However when we were born into this world, some remembered, but many forgot the oath that we took earlier . And they worship other God instead of the One and Only God of the whole universe that created you and me.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
IP IP Logged
Webber

Quote Webber Replybullet Posted: 28 January 2013 at 9:27pm

Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi

I guess the Holy Spirit that you mentioned must be the Ruh that Allah had given each and everyone of us. Without The Ruh, we are nothing. We may have eyes, but could not see, have ears, but cannot hear, have tongue, but cannot talk etc. How important this Ruh is to each and everyone of us. With this Ruh we are connected to our Creator and if you are able to delve deeper, you will feel His presence that will make you feel calm and peaceful. Yes we are taught to be always asking His forgiveness. Indeed we are human who always err. And He is Al-Ghafur - Most Forgiving.

Greetings Nur-Ilahi,

Thank you for sharing this teaching.  I had not previously heard of 'Ruh'.  I will be reading up to learn more.  Is Ruh mentioned in the Qur'an?

Salaam,
Caringheart

It would be a very interesting study.

The Bible teaches us that we as people are body, soul , and spirit. The spirit comes from God, belongs to God, and goes back to God. In the mean time it keeps us alive and in our bodys. When the body dies, the spirit leaves and the soul awaits judgement.

I believe in the Quran the Holy Spirit is mentioned as "The Sprit" when it doesn't mean Gabriel.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Webber

The Bible teaches us that we as people are body, soul , and spirit. The spirit comes from God, belongs to God, and goes back to God. In the mean time it keeps us alive and in our bodys. When the body dies, the spirit leaves and the soul awaits judgement.
I believe in the Quran the Holy Spirit is mentioned as "The Sprit" when it doesn't mean Gabriel.

Salam Webber.
That is a start. A platform where we can find similarities in our religion. Indeed the Ruh or Soul that was given to each and everyone of us came from One Source. And the One Source is the Creator of the whole universe - Allah Rabbul alameen - God of the whole universe. Who created the bluest of the sea, the tiniest of an atom, the deepest of the ocean or the furthest of the stars. He is the ONE that is worthy of worship.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 4:45pm
Greetings Nur-Ilahi,

The Holy Spirit as I would describe it is, as a light that drives away the darkness that can overshadow our souls.  The Holy Spirit is a gift from God that becomes part of us(or indwells our birth flesh and birth spirit).   It is a guide, a light from God Himself, and of God Himself, that illuminates the mind and shows us God's path.

Does this compare with the concept of Ruh in your mind?

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Placid
Male Christian

Quote Placid Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 4:50pm
To continue from the top of Page 9:
In saying the Jews didn’t kill Jesus, --- we can check the Scriptures and see what happened.

The Jews plotted Jesus’ death but the Jews had no authority to put anyone to death so they had to take Him before Pilate who declared Him innocent. --- But when the Jews incited the mob to say “Crucify Him,” Pilate feared that a riot would start, so Pilate said, “You take Him and crucify Him.” --- And they said, “Let His blood be on us and on our children.” This involved the Roman soldiers to carry out the crucifixion --- and the Jews boasted about it, --- thinking this was the end of the story, --- and that it fulfilled their desire to get rid of Jesus.

Notice how the transgressions of the Jews, here, compare to surah 2:63-73, which required the sacrifice of the unblemished heifer? --- And it says in Surah 4:
153 The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us God in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear Signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority.

154 And for their covenant we raised over them (the towering height) of Mount (Sinai); and (on another occasion) we said: "Enter the gate with humility"; and (once again) we commanded them: "Transgress not in the matter of the sabbath." And we took from them a solemn covenant.

155 (They have incurred divine displeasure): In that they broke their covenant; that they rejected the Signs of God; that they slew the Apostle in defiance of right; that they said, "Our hearts are the wrappings (which preserve God's Word; We need no more)"; - Nay, God hath set the seal on their hearts for their blasphemy, and little is it they believe; -

--- (Notice: --- They, the Jews, broke their covenant. They rejected the Signs of God. --- God gave the first Sign of a Son born of a virgin in Isaiah 7:14.
--- (And this) in Surah 21:
91 And (remember) her who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a Sign for all peoples.
--- God, through the angels, announced the Sign to the shepherds when Jesus was born in Luke 2:
12 And this will be the Sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.”
Surah 3:50 (Jesus said) I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear God, and obey me.
51 "'It is God Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"

Surah 2: 73 Then WE said, `Compare this incident with some other similar ones' and you will discover the truth. Thus does ALLAH give life to the dead and show you HIS Signs that you may understand.)

--- Now notice the Jews’ defense? --- "Our hearts are the wrappings (which preserve God's Word; We need no more)"
--- They believed that they were God’s chosen people regardless of their sins of putting other prophets to death, and having condemned the Apostle Jesus.
Notice their terminology --- “Our hearts are the ‘wrappings’ that preserve God’s word.”
--- But the condemnation follows: “Nay, God hath set the seal on their hearts for their blasphemy, and little is it they believe;”

156 That they rejected Faith; that they uttered against Mary a grave false charge;
--- (This charge may have come from verses that questioned Mary about her marriage), like Surah 19:
27 At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!
28 "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

And now:
157 Yusuf Ali: That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God"; - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they (the Jews) killed him not:-
157 Sher Ali: And for their saying, `We did slay the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the Messenger of ALLAH;' whereas they slew him not, nor did they bring about his death upon the cross, but he was made to appear to them like one crucified; and those who differ therein are certainly in a state of doubt about it; they have no certain knowledge thereof, but only pursue a conjecture; and they did not arrive at a certainty concerning it.

--- This may sound like Jesus didn’t die, but the proof is there in Maulana’s commentary, as well as Surah 2:72-73, --- though the murder wasn’t carried out, nor did He die from the wounds of the nails.--- So we will check that next.

Placid

IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2013 at 11:42pm

Greetings Nur-Ilahi,The Holy Spirit as I would describe it is,
as a light that drives away the darkness that can overshadow our souls. 
The Holy Spirit is a gift from God that becomes part of us(or indwells
our birth flesh and birth spirit).   It is a guide, a light from God
Himself, and of God Himself, that illuminates the mind and shows us
God's path.Does this compare with the concept of Ruh in your mind?

Hi Caringheart.
There are similarities here. Indeed the Ruh or - once inside the body of a human it is also called the Nafs - is indeed from The Almighty God. And He with His Mercy and Love towards His Creations especially us human beings had already equipped with 7 of His characteristics in the Ruh. And one of them is Ilm or Knowledge. Especially the knowledge of God. That is the reason many people in this whole world are searching for Him. Some already found Him, while some still are groping in the dark. Those who are still in the dark perhaps have not found the One True God, He who has no beginning and He who has no end.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi

Hi Caringheart.
There are similarities here. Indeed the Ruh or - once inside the body of a human it is also called the Nafs - is indeed from The Almighty God. And He with His Mercy and Love towards His Creations especially us human beings had already equipped with 7 of His characteristics in the Ruh. And one of them is Ilm or Knowledge. Especially the knowledge of God. That is the reason many people in this whole world are searching for Him. Some already found Him, while some still are groping in the dark. Those who are still in the dark perhaps have not found the One True God, He who has no beginning and He who has no end.

Greetings Nur_Ilahi,

Oh, I thought that Ruh and nafs were two different things.  I did alot of reading to try to come to a proper understanding, because my first response was that the Ruh was nothing like the Holy Spirit, until I did some more reading and learned about nafs. (I found it all quite complicated as is everything arabic.)  Smile
At first it seemed that the Ruh was simply the soul, then I read about nafs and came to understand that this is soul, and that Ruh is spirit, which is something more.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Nur_Ilahi

Senior  Member

Quote Nur_Ilahi Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2013 at 7:20am
Me too. At first I was quite confused between soul and spirit. Now I do have a better understanding. The spirit is the Ruh belonging to Allah. When it enters our body, it becomes the Nafs with desires, lust, passion. And our duty in this earth is to control this Nafs. If we feed it, it becomes bloated and will be our master, however if we ignore it's demands, the status of the Nafs will increase. But the Ruh is still there, because without the Ruh, we are just a piece of useless flesh. Our prophet Muhammad Rasulullah ever mentioned that the biggest jihad or struggle is against one's Nafs (also known as ego)

"(It will be said to the pious): "O (you) the one in (complete) rest and satisfaction (Nafsul Mutmainnah)!          Come back to your Lord, Well-pleased (yourself) and well-pleasing unto Him! Enter you, then, among My honoured slaves, and enter you My Paradise!" - Surah Al Fajr [89:27-30]
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 20 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version