Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Prophets - Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses
Message Icon Topic: Support Quran for Non Muslims Project Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
lgalbraith9

Starter.
Starter.

Online Status: Offline
Quote lgalbraith9 Replybullet Posted: 04 March 2014 at 4:29pm
banuhashim
-
Thank you for your descriptive answer. You brought up a very pertinent question that I have been writing about and that is "what is religion". In your answer you said that religion is a way of communicating with god and it is a philosophy that provides an answer to the pertinent question of "What is our purpose in life?" Well I inquire of you, how has islam helped you to answer this question and how does it provide you with solace in a life with so many questions?
IP IP Logged
banuhashim

Starter.
Starter.

Quote banuhashim Replybullet Posted: 05 March 2014 at 11:34pm
Igalbraith9 --
There are loaded questions and then there are fully loaded questions. Yours is the latter.
So .... Where should I start.
Islam has given me reassurance.
It's fundamental theology about God - tauheed - oneness of God. Nothing in this world is singular except God. That's a great concept. Spiritually mankind needs something to trust. And that is that one God. Bad news for the Christians - Jesus is not son of God. He never claimed to be.

Then adalat - god is just. You can trust God. He will do justice. But you should fear Him too because he will do justice.

Then nubuwat - god has sent prophets to deliver his message.

Then imamat - the Imamate who carried the message after the prophet. Because after the Devine prophet normal people had to run the course and we needed example of that as well. Now we can discuss if even the prophets were Devine or not - divinity in the sense that they were from God. Not that they were Godly.

Then qayamat - day of judgement - great concept - we all know our purpose if we believe in this one.

These are the five fundamental pillars of Islam. And if you believe in them then spiritually you are a well grounded person.
Now again you might be well grounded without believing in these concepts - but then these are reassurances for you so that you can stay the course and see the purpose in staying the course.

Reality is what you make of it - if my reality is Scientology then that is my level of need for reassurance - Tom Cruise joined it so I joined it - but if Scientology doesn't quite cut it for me then let's look at what these other religions have to offer.
And out of all these choices most of the world believes in the Abrahmic religions. Then I might be tempted to study them.
And depending on my inquisition I will find out about things which I might be confused about.
And that is all that Islam has asked human beings to do - to think and make informed decisions.
So I might not need Islam to tell me to help the needy - but I do need Islam to tell me to fight a just war, to be benevolent even to my enemy when I am in control. To know that to pardon someone is better than to punish them - again it's a huge reassurance.

There are things which I'm sure I'm missing here but I'm also sure your next question will point them out.

Best regards - and thank you for reading.
IP IP Logged
mutakallim
Male Islam

Quote mutakallim Replybullet Posted: 07 March 2014 at 4:59am
Salaam.

We are still shooting and aiming in the darkness. Which Messenger or Prophet came with the word 'religion'? If you understand what is expected of the one who calls himself a Muslim you will never use a term or a word not used by Muhammad.

Mutakallim.
IP IP Logged
banuhashim

Starter.
Starter.

Quote banuhashim Replybullet Posted: 11 March 2014 at 3:29am
Mutakallim--
-------------------
To say that we shouldn't use any term not used by the prophet -- and then to use this as the gage for a person's 'Iman' (your belief in the message of God delivered to us by His apostle Muhammed) is at best demeaning to Islam and the human race.
Thus it is shirk - you can not make rules which Allah and His rasool has not made.
Please reject this concept and do tauba.
If you need a reason then think about this:
Did the apostle ever recite the kalma the way we do?
La ila ha illallah Muhammad ur rasool Allah
How could rasool refer to himself in third person? Wouldn't that imply that he his talking about someone else and not himself.
This kalma is for us - the followers.
Therefore the followers will never be using the same terms as the prophet.

Please use your brain - I am not saying this - Quran is saying this repetitively - go read it and count how many times the Quran has told you to use your brain. And better yet post it on this blog.
Allah will be utterly pleased I think.

Kind regards and peace be with you and I pray that you see the light of Islam in all it's glory, magnanimity and brilliance.

Thank you for reading.
IP IP Logged
mutakallim
Male Islam

Quote mutakallim Replybullet Posted: 14 March 2014 at 11:17pm
Banuhashim.

My post was rejected, but certainly the holy Aposte taught and demonstrated in words deeds and gesture Kalimat Shadatyn- La Ilaha Ilallah.
1. Using brain to understand the Qur'an means using brain to understand the Sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah. Tell me what the sahabas say to one another whenever an issue arose.
2. Who is best to understand for example Qur'an 22:5?
3. The Qur'an certainly directs one asking from those with the knowledge. It never gave an open corridor to studying the Qur'an. That is the teaching of Muhammad well given in the Sira.
4. The facilitators/administrators to be careful not to fall into those accused by Allah in Qur'an 2:174. This goes back to my earlier request them to know the knowledge of their members. I do not to have to give examples except for the incident between az-Zamakhshari and his mates.

Mutakallim.

Edited by mutakallim - 14 March 2014 at 11:20pm
IP IP Logged
banuhashim

Starter.
Starter.

Quote banuhashim Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2014 at 10:15pm
Thank you for your post - for two things - for reading my post and replying to it and also because I had to read the Quran to reply to you.
#1 - I dont know which sahabis you are referring to - every sahabi had a different approach I guess - I am not sure what is the commonly accepted fact about this.

#2 - So 22:5 - who is best to understand you've asked -- I swear me and you.
I read it 3 times and I understand what is written. it makes sense also. it is basically saying the same thing which I have posted earlier in my post in regards to belief in Allah. We have to ask the question where did me come from - who made this universe -- again Allah is asking you to believe Him because He has given you all these indications - proofs. Please read the surah -- what is so complicated to understand there?
This is PICKTHALL's translation of Quran:
O mankind! If ye are in doubt concerning the Resurrection, then lo! We have created you from dust, then from a drop of seed, then from a clot, then from a little lump of flesh shapely and shapeless, that We may make (it) clear for you. And We cause what We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed time, and afterward We bring you fourth as infants, then (give you growth) that ye attain your full strength. And among you there is he who dieth (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the most abject time of life, so that after knowledge, he knoweth naught. And thou (Muhammad) seest the earth barren, but when We send down water thereon, it doth thrill and swell and put forth every lovely kind (of growth).
When you read this what do you understand by it? and what dont you understand here?

#3 - Where does it say ask those with the knowledge? Who will define who has knowledge? And how will that person gain credibility? Who will decide for you? and who will decide for me? you see where this is going?

#4 - I am not sure how you are using 2:174 in this conversation ...
Again PICKTHALL's translation:
Lo! those who hide aught of the Scripture which Allah hath revealed, and purchase a small gain therewith, they eat into their bellies nothing else than fire. Allah will not speak to them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He make them grow. Theirs will be a painful doom.

What don't you understand here?

And in the end I would like to draw your attention towards how our prophet started spreading Islam - what did he ask the Meccans? What was the conversation about?
when the apostle asked them if they believe he is truthful they said yes - etc etc and if I ask tell you there is an army hiding behind this hill which is about to attack you then will you believe me - YES - so if you believe that then believe that there is a God and I am His prophet.
The apostle tried to reason as well!!!!!
That is how Islam started spreading - or at least that is how the apostle chose to spread Islam!!!

Kind Regards,
IP IP Logged
mutakallim
Male Islam

Quote mutakallim Replybullet Posted: 01 April 2014 at 6:10am
Salaam Banuhashim.

Thank you for your post - for two things - for reading my post and replying to it and also because I had to read the Quran to reply to you.
#1 - I dont know which sahabis you are referring to - every sahabi had a different approach I guess - I am not sure what is the commonly accepted fact about this.
Answer: I accept your approach - I am not sure and hence my Ray'. This is the accepted approach in understanding the Sunna. Reading the Qur'an is indeed the first step. But there are many explanations of the Raw Revelation in many Tafsirs. The best are Tafsir Qadir by Shawkani and Adwa' bayan fi Idaahal Qur'an bil Qur'an. Abdul Ala Maudui is also excellent for those who are lazy to read the Arabic texts. The Shabas are classififed as Major and Minor  that is Saabiquun-al-awwaliin and those after them. They all listen to the holy Apostle and will never say a word but what they haeard from him. If in doubt they will say what you said- I do not know or I think he said something like this..

#2 - So 22:5 - who is best to understand you've asked -- I swear me and you.
Answer: The believers best to understand Qur'an 22:5 are the physicians that is medical students. It explains in small words their profession. This is the indepth understanding and not skeletal. Every science in the Qur'an must be explained by those studying it. I do not know what you have studied. Imagine the mystery of MH370! Yet the West and Europe prefer to criticize Muhammad instead of showing their weakness and incapability.
#3 - Where does it say ask those with the knowledge? Who will define who has knowledge? And how will that person gain credibility? Who will decide for you? and who will decide for me? you see where this is going?

Answer. As explained above. The Qur'an  for example 10:94; 7:163 etc, directs us to ask the then Levites clan of the children of Israel living in Madina about the Torah. Regarding our Shari'a we have only one source- that is Muhammad Rasulullah. If the Sahabas do not know or understand they ask those who are close to Muhammad Rasulullah. Muhammad Rasulullah never asked any Sahaba of their genealogy except Abubakar Siddiq for he is an expert in that field.

#4 - I am not sure how you are using 2:174 in this conversation ...
Answer: That is referring to the Shari'a- the Sunna of Muhammad. The Jews are  criticized for concealing the identity of Muhammad Rasulullah in the Torah.
Conclusion. Islaam is a way of life of submitting to the commands of Allah by following Muhammad Rasulullah. It requires and takes one's life time and not just reading a book or few sentences. It is essential one to learn Arabic language for proper understanding of the Sunna. There are few books detailing the Sunna. For example in the obligatory prayers the best translated book is ISBN 1468070446. You do not find any explanation in Picktall on prayers. So you must be careful in arguing with those who know the Sunna
Are you proficient in Arabic?

Wassalam.
Mutakallim.

Report%20Post
IP IP Logged
sarahzohar88

Starter.
Starter.

Quote sarahzohar88 Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2014 at 4:41am
Post a lot of Quranic Ayah
IP IP Logged