Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Finances
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) : Finances
Message Icon Topic: Support Quran for Non Muslims Project Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
mutakallim
Male Islam

Online Status: Offline
Quote mutakallim Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2014 at 6:40am
Salaam.

We the followers of Muhammad must establish the caliphate: that is the rule of law and that of the country: as exemplified through sending of Messengers and Prophets and the governance of Abubakar, Umar etc. The world never enjoyed peace without obeying the Lord and Creator of the world and mankind. That is all what is in the caliphate AS EXPLAINED BRIEFLY IN DEMANDCALIPHATE.COM.

Contribute to that through buying one of the following books:
1. ISBN: 978-1-60976-919-2
2. ISBN: 978-1-6120-4790-4.
3. ISBN 978- 1-4680-7044-6
ISBN: 978-1-4678-8393-1 .
T

Mutakallim.

IP IP Logged
Kamran4567
Male Islam
Starter.
Starter.

Quote Kamran4567 Replybullet Posted: 25 February 2014 at 3:29pm
*URGENT ACTION REQUIRED, Promised genuine email read the link or feel free to check it out by other means.

Look at this link this is genuine and is an official .gov government website PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE!!!

Sign this petition now:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/54958

The Face Veil Prohibition Bill 2013 is going to have its 2nd reading on Friday 28 Feb. If this bill is passed, many of us sister's observing Niqaab will face fines of up to 2000 and will be made to leave public premises.

A 100,000 signatures are needed so e-petition could be debated in the House of Commons.

Only 16,000 signatures up till yet.

Sign now and pass on to all your contacts.

I've signed it and it only took 3 minutes, it will send an email to your chosen address please open the email and confirm by click on the link on your email.

Wassalam
IP IP Logged
mutakallim
Male Islam

Quote mutakallim Replybullet Posted: 26 February 2014 at 11:30am
Salaam Kamran.

Veiling the face of hijab is the initial stage among the stages of chastity. That was the law right from the time of Abraham Genesis 24:63. Veiling the face today should not be given unnecessary publicity to ridicule the Shari'a of Muhammad. How ever attractive a woman is, a Allah-fearing heart will not take notice of her. When he casts a glance at her he will automatically remember the incident during the hajj when the holy apostle covered (turned) the face of Fadl ibn Abbas saying, "You glance only twice". There is also the hadith that the sex of the eye is glancing etc. It is better you make the West understand that there is only one Shari'a: that what Muhammad practiced never contradicted that in the Torah. Let us draw them to rapport that the forty years of Moses in the wilderness gave no practical lessons and evidence and proof of his actions. The Qur'an explains that there were the Children of Israel who followed and practiced the Shari'a in the Torah. Such details are lacking. They are however made up in the time of Muhammad. In other words what Muhammad pracrticed under the eyes of the Levites in Madina was what their ancestors missed during the wilderness.
Please let us know how to spread the message as demanded in Qur'an 16:25. It is one. Let us look inwards and find our faults deviations and correct them. I do not think that not wearing a hijab will lead a lady to hell-fire in contrast to not observing the obligatory prayers according to the sunna. Why not then seek for signatures to enable the House of Commons see that the Muslims in Britain observe their obligatory prayers according to the Sunna as described succinctly in ISBN 978-1-468070446.
Let the Jews understand that the Qur'an tells that prayer was ordained just few months before they left Goshen. They should explain to us how this was observed during the wilderness.

Mutakallim.

Edited by mutakallim - 26 February 2014 at 1:28pm
IP IP Logged
banuhashim

Starter.
Starter.

Quote banuhashim Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2014 at 7:12pm
Great question - appreciate you asking it - I am a Muslim primarily because I was born in the religion. 
Then as I grew older I had to think about why am I really a Muslim. Why not a Christian, Jew, Hindu or a Buddhist for that matter.
Again, before we answer which religion to pick - your question has an underlying question - why have any religion after all?
I will try to be as precise here as possible, but there are a few topics to be discussed before your question can be answered.
Religion - to me means message of God. God to me is a higher being which is beyond space and time. And since God is beyond space and time and us humans are trapped in space and time - a prophet is someone who delivers the message of God to us on this earth.
Again why religion? Because when I thought about where did I come from and who am I - I was basically trying to understand myself as a human being. An intelligent being. I am a computer scientist by profession - and I know how difficult it is to create artificial intelligence - in fact we all know that. And in the words of a music band "Genesis" - 'the best machine you will ever own is you'. So where did this intelligent being come from? was it an accident? Was it simple evolution? What was it?
Now religion answers these questions. It is up to you which one to believe.
And again why do you want to know where you came from and who are you? well because everything in this universe is relative. Or at least as us humans know it. So we as conscious beings need to have a point of reference - a story - a beginning - an end. And religion offers that.
Now which story you like - which one makes most sense to you is up to you.
Islam - I have found to be answering most of the questions intelligently. Simply makes sense to me. Puts things in perspective for me. And not to sound too opinionated here - but I think Islam is great because it invites human beings to use their most valuable asset - their brain - to think.

Now, in my opinion, message of God has been the same - it has only taken mankind time to comprehend it, which is why it has come in phases. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are simply different phases of the message or guidance from God. I say guidance because that is really what this whole thing is all about, in my view.
So - first you will have to have belief in a higher being who has created you. Then you will have to believe that God has sent His message on earth through His apostles. Then that Muhammad (PBUH) was the last apostle who completed the message from God.
So, in essence a true Muslim is a Jew, is a Christian and then a Muslim. And I believe that a Muslim is one who understands the complete message of God - that is what Islam means to me, and that is why I am a Muslim.

I have tried to be as concise and relevant as possible. Please pardon me if I have left gaps in my discussion here and feel free to point them out to me so I can be given a chance to learn from this discussion as well.

best regards.
IP IP Logged
banuhashim

Starter.
Starter.

Quote banuhashim Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2014 at 7:28pm
Just to point out - every caliph was murdered violently. And if there is any major dispute in Islam - it is due to politics of the caliphate. Do you honestly think the answer to all Muslim misery is having a caliphate?
IP IP Logged
banuhashim

Starter.
Starter.

Quote banuhashim Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2014 at 8:12pm
Hijaab was ordained only for the wives of the apostle, to differentiate them from the rest of the women when in public. And that too was because the Madinese had started attacking them verbally with obscene remarks in public.
As far as this debate is concerned - the rights of a human being to wear what he or she desires is an essential right of a human being. And it can NEVER be left to anyone else to decide what one is or is not allowed to wear.
Especially coming from the western world which has proven to have respected the women rights before Muslims could come to the realization - it is shocking, at the very least, that there is an actual discussion in the government to decide what should be lawful for a woman to wear.
I am shocked at the hypocracy.
With that said, I think the Muslim representatives won't be able to argue this topic a-religiously.
Hijaab has nothing to do with religion - but the issue that a human being is not allowed to wear what he likesl has everything to do with Islam and the freedom of thought which Islam has been the champion of.
Now, to argue this the other way - will we (as muslims) allow bikinis to be worn on the beaches. No we will not - why - because we think that it attracts the wrong attention from men. And with this type of attention bad things can happen - why provoke the opposite gender? Islam is against fitna/provocation. Women should respect themselves and show respect for the opposite gender and vice versa. Therefore, women should not wear bikinis in presence of men out of repect for themselves and for men.
So - as Muslims we will not allow bikinis and will allow Hijaab is not hypocritical - but to allow bikinis on your beaches and not allow hijaab in public places is definitely hypocritical - and ladies and gentlemen being hypocritical is being a 'munafiq'.
Therefore I am strongly in support of women being allowed to do Hijaab in UK.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 04 March 2014 at 7:26am
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of "hijab" as it applied to the wives of the Messenger of Allah. That "hijab" was a curtain that separated them other men totally. Khimar is the proper term for that which covers the hair and chest area, along with jilbab that covers the body.
IP IP Logged
banuhashim

Starter.
Starter.

Quote banuhashim Replybullet Posted: 04 March 2014 at 8:43am
So what is the term for the 'parda'/veil which was ordained only for the apostle's wives?

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version