|Active Topics Memberlist Calendar Search Help|
|Register Login Old Forum|
|General Islamic Matter|
|IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter|
|Topic: Question about Oath and islam|
Joined: 31 August 2011
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: Question about Oath and islam
Posted: 31 August 2011 at 12:16pm
ok this is my 1st post. my problem is i like masturbation i am male and un married. I have made promise to Allah that i will not masturbate but i want to do masturbate but i recall my promise i want to do mastubation but i also dont want to brake my promise to Allah what should i do?
Joined: 20 August 2011
Online Status: Offline
|Posted: 06 September 2011 at 6:10am|
No doubt it is difficult to control one's desires, especially when one has made a promise to Allah to supress it. Now, as you promised Allah not to masturbate, you have to abstain from it and this all depends on your willpower. First of all, you should know that masturbation is harmful for human health. It causes the weaking of muscles and also causes problems of erection. Second, these urges to masturbate come due to the strong sexual desire. The Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.W) has told us of a way to supress sexual desires by fasting. Fasting doesn't really mean to stay hungry and thirsty. It also means to control evil thoughts and to worship Allah and to recite Quran and understand it and implement it. Thirdly, I suggest you recite the Surah Al-Na-as, Surah Al-Falaq and Surah Al-Ikhlas and always pray to Allah to give you the strength to keep your promise. Remember the Hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.W), 'He who does not keeps promise has no religion.'. Allah always rewards those who keep their promises and also to those who control themselves for Allah.
Joined: 07 January 2012
Online Status: Offline
|Posted: 07 January 2012 at 11:29pm|
Assalamu AlaykumI am also new to this site. There is this site where I found a good answer to your question.<div ="answer">Praise be to Allaah.
Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the
First from the Qur’aan:
Imam Shafi’i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):
"And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.
"And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty." 24.33. This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.
Secondly, from the sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him):
Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood said, "We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah’s Messenger said, "O young people! Whoever among
you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and
whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."
Bukhari:5066. The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it
can be done.
There are additional evidences that can be cited to support this ruling on masturbation, but due to the limited space we will not go through them here. Allaah knows what is best and most correct.
As for curing the habit of masturbation, we recommend the following suggestions:
1) The motive to seek a cure for this problem should be solely following Allaah’s orders and fearing His punishment.
2) A permanent and quick cure from this problem lies in marriage as soon as the person is able, as shown in the Prophet’s hadeeth.
3) Keeping oneself busy with what is good for this world and the hereafter is essential in breaking this habit before it becomes second nature after which it is very difficult to rid oneself of it.
4) Lowering the gaze (from looking at forbidden things such as pictures, movies etc.) will help suppress the desire before it leads one to commit the haraam (forbidden).
Allaah orders men and women to lower their gaze as shown in the following two verses and in the Prophet’s
hadeeth (interpretations of the meanings):
"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is all-aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) ..... " 24.30-31
Allaah’s messenger said: "Do not follow a casual (unintentional) look (at forbidden things) with another look." Al-Tirmidhi 2777. This is a general instruction by the Prophet to abstain from all that may sexually excite a person because it might lead him/her to commit the haraam (forbidden).
5) Using one’s available leisure time in worshipping Allaah and increasing religious knowledge.
6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More
importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.
7) Avoiding the illusion that some youth have that masturbation is permissible because it prevents them from committing illegal sexual acts such as fornication or even homosexuality.
8) Strengthening one’s willpower and avoiding spending time alone as recommended by the Prophet when he said "Do not spend the night alone" Ahmad 6919.
9) Following the Prophet’s aforementioned hadeeth and fast when possible, because fasting will temper one’s sexual desire and keep it under control. However, one should not overreact and swear by Allaah not to return to the act because if one does not honor one’s promise, one would be facing the consequences of not living up to one’s oath to Allaah. Also, note that medication to diminish one’s sexual desire is strictly prohibited
because it might permanently affect one’s sexual ability.
10) Trying to follow the Prophet’s recommendation concerning the etiquette of getting ready for bed, such as reading well-known supplications, sleeping on the right side, and avoiding sleeping on the belly (the Prophet forbade sleeping on the belly).
11) Striving hard to be patient and chaste, because persistence will eventually, Allaah willing, lead to attaining those qualities as second nature, as the Prophet explains in the following hadeeth:
"Whoever seeks chastity Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks help from none but Allaah, He will help him, and whoever is patient He will make it easy for him,
and no one has ever been given anything better than patience." Bukhari:1469.
12) Repenting, asking forgiveness from Allaah, doing good deeds, and not losing hope and feeling despair are all prerequisites to curing this problem. Note that losing hope is one of the major sins punishable by Allaah.
13) Finally, Allaah is the Most Merciful and He always responds to whoever calls on Him. So, asking for Allah’s forgiveness will be accepted, by His will.Wallahu a’lam. And Allah knows what is best and most correct.
<div ="source">by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Edited by seekshidayath - 08 January 2012 at 10:14pm
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com