Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups New Muslims
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups New Muslims
Message Icon Topic: Regarding fasting Post Reply Post New Topic
aishazahra
Female Islam
Starter
Starter

Online Status: Offline
Quote aishazahra Replybullet Topic: Regarding fasting
    Posted: 10 July 2011 at 2:02pm
I accepted Islam in my heart about a year ago. But due to some personal reasons haven't told my parents about this decision. I understand that I must but I cannot do it before the end of this year. I observed the fast last year during the holy month of Ramadan, since I was living alone during that time. This year, however, I am with my family and keeping a fast without telling anyone is very complicated. I understand that fasting is fard and so I really don't want to commit the sin of not keeping the fast. Has anyone here been in such a situation or can advice? Thank you in advance.
IP IP Logged
Sleepy
Female 
Starter
Starter

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sleepy Replybullet Posted: 11 July 2011 at 12:06pm
Hello,

That does sound like a really complicated situation to be in, I wish I had a solution for you but I can only offer my support.

Although I haven't been in the same situation I can understand a little bit as I am going to fast this year for the first time (I don't know how many I will keep!) and am anxious about doing it at work in case any one realises. I too want to keep things to myself until I am ready...

I am wondering though how you could get around it at home, will you be expected to be eating with your family or will they accept that might be out and about at the usual meal times?

Let us know a bit more about your situation maybe someone can help?

I was also thinking that if your family are aware that you have even had an interest in Islam then they may pick up on the signs straight away and then you may be confronted off guard!

Its a really hard choice isn't it but I personally don't think you give yourself a massively hard time if your situation doesn't allow you to fast this year...

Good luck
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version