Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: God’s written instructions for life. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 40 Next >>
NABA
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2013 at 9:19am
in bible Jesus(pbuh) says the coming of the last and final prophet(prophet Muhammad S.A.W) and he will spread message of Allah for others to follow(Qur'an).greetings bronaz can U support ur facts with verses????
IP IP Logged
bronaz

Groupie
Groupie

Quote bronaz Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2013 at 8:16pm
Jesus never said such a thing...that another prophet would come and spread the message of Allah. This is just another article that has been conveyed to Muslims to reinforce their case for the Muslim faith.
The fact remains that once you accept the divinity of Christ then the whole Quran is called into doubt.
Logically, when Christ is divine, God himself revealing the truth, instead of through prophets is better. So why would Jesus himself say that another prophet is coming after me. He does mention false prophets and I am led to believe that Muhammad was one of them.
IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 02 June 2013 at 9:50am

Forthcoming of last prophet is mentioned in Gospel of John ch 14 v 16,in v 26,he is described as comforter(paracelete).Jesus christ(pbuh) never claimed divinity,he says to Jews to submit will to Allah and himself was prominent prophet of Allah(Surah Al Imran ch 3 v 52).

IP IP Logged
bronaz

Groupie
Groupie

Quote bronaz Replybullet Posted: 02 June 2013 at 7:22pm
John ch 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,6  to be with you forever,
Jn 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
Here are the two relevant quotes which you referenced.
First in vs 16 he says that the helper will be with them forever...Muhammad isnt living is he.
In vs 26 the helper is called the Holy Spirit..definitely not one of the names assigned to Muhammad.
Just prior to ascending into heaven in Acts 1:4 here is what Jesus says
Acts1:4 And while staying1  with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me;
In Acts 2:we see this promise being fulfilled by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is God
John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
If you go back to the old Testament in Exodus Ch3vs 13 and 14
13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?”
14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.”1  And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”
Jesus claims he is God from the statement that he existed before Abraham  and called himself "I AM" which is the way God called himself when he revealed himself to Moses in Exodus Ch 3
IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2013 at 10:16am
But Jesus says in many places in the bible-"that my father is greater than I".God cannot have father.Jesus(pbuh) in the bible says whatever miracles he has done,he has done with the help of Allah.helper will b forever with them means his teaching will b with us forever,because apostles are human beings and they die,that's the order of nature,all are mortal except Allah,Allah is one,Allah is eternal,he is neither born nor give birth,there is nothing like him(ch 112 v 1-4).for eg Prophet in the form of teachings are with us,for eg he says that love ur mother the most,drink water while sitting,propagate even one verse of Qur'an if U know well,so till the day of resurrection Prophet Muhammad will b with us in the form of his teachings(Hadeeths),Allah commands us to send Salaam to Prophet(ch 33 v 56)

Edited by NABA - 03 June 2013 at 10:18am
IP IP Logged
bronaz

Groupie
Groupie

Quote bronaz Replybullet Posted: 03 June 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by NABA

But Jesus says in many places in the bible-"that my father is greater than I".God cannot have father.Jesus(pbuh) in the bible says whatever miracles he has done,he has done with the help of Allah.helper will b forever with them means his teaching will b with us forever,because apostles are human beings and they die,that's the order of nature,all are mortal except Allah,Allah is one,Allah is eternal,he is neither born nor give birth,there is nothing like him(ch 112 v 1-4).for eg Prophet in the form of teachings are with us,for eg he says that love ur mother the most,drink water while sitting,propagate even one verse of Qur'an if U know well,so till the day of resurrection Prophet Muhammad will b with us in the form of his teachings(Hadeeths),Allah commands us to send Salaam to Prophet(ch 33 v 56)

Incarnation is the word to describe a divine being taking human form. I agree that God is eternal. God is a spirit who is omnipotent...can do anything and is omnipresent...present everywhere. Since God is omnipotent he can become human too...may not sound reasonable but it is possible.  It would be unreasonable to expect a murderer to change and become very holy, but it has happened many times in history. So God becoming human is possible for a God who is omnipotent.
God is called Father in the fact that since he created the universe, he is father of all.  In the trinitarian concept of God which has been revealed to us by Jesus himself, it is three persons....one God...God the Father- Creator, God the Son-Redeemer, God the Holy Spirit - who is present in the world. Jesus was born without father as he was conceived in the womb of Mary without intercourse. The Quran and the Bible both agree on this.

IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 04 June 2013 at 8:34am
Allah doesn't need to become human,for eg an engineer doesn't need to become a car whom he has created,Allah knows our hearts well,and one doesn't need to call Allah by words,our feelings are enough(ch 20 v 7)
IP IP Logged
bronaz

Groupie
Groupie

Quote bronaz Replybullet Posted: 04 June 2013 at 8:27pm
If  all that  is  required is  feelings...then why  do people offer prayers  together...Why is  the Quran recited during Ramzan...people can read it silently in their homes....
Vocal prayers are essential to the spiritual growth of a person. 
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 40 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version