Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: God’s written instructions for life. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 40 Next >>
Abu Loren
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2012 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Caringheart

Answering your initial question;"<span style="mso-bidi-font-family: Arial"><font face="Calibri">Where can I find God’s written instructions for life?"<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Every answer, to every thing, that you ever needed to know, is in the Bible.</span>

I'm sorry but which Bible is that? The one that's corrupted or the original one given to Prophet Musa (pbuh) which noboby knows where it is?

Out of interest do you believe that Prophet Nuh (pbuh) was a drunk? Do you believe Prophet Lut (pbuh) had sexual intercourse with his daughters?
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2012 at 12:22pm
@Abu Loren,

Regarding Noah, and Lot...

It is written.

and is of little consequence today.

Regarding the Bible... the one we have... the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow...
every answer, to every thing, that any one, ever needed to know, is in the Bible

Edited by Caringheart - 26 September 2012 at 12:29pm
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2012 at 3:02pm
Caringheart,
you are right, but only with contradiction!
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Kish

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Kish Replybullet Posted: 29 September 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren

I'm sorry but which Bible is that? The one that's corrupted or the original one given to Prophet Musa (pbuh) which noboby knows where it is?

Simply the same Bible that Muhammad had in his possession. Was the Bible (Holy Scriptures) Muhammad had corrupted? Remember, he TOLD you it was God's revelation (S 5:68)
Where you will find Guidance and light (S 3:3, 5:46)
Meccans refused to believe in it (S34:31)
Those grounded in knowledge believe it (S4:162)

Any of this ring a bell?

Remember, you were TOLD God's promises are in it. (S9:111)
Oh!!!!! I love this one Muslims should believe it

Are you saying Muhammad TOLD you to believe in a corrupted Bible he himself had in his possession?

Was it Muhammad who said "We are judged by it"? (S 5:47)

Was Muhammad being judged by God by using a corrupted Bible and by telling his followers to refer to a corrupted Bible when in doubt, does that really makes since my brotha? (S 10:94)

Are you reading the Quran?

Will be waiting for your answers . . .

Edited by Kish - 29 September 2012 at 2:52pm
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 30 September 2012 at 3:03pm
"So if you[prophet] are in doubt about what We have revealed to you, ask those who have been reading the scriptures before you"  surah 10:94

Wow, Kish, I am reading the Qur'an but had not come across that yet.  I just looked it up.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 01 October 2012 at 1:03am
Originally posted by Kish

Originally posted by Abu Loren

I'm sorry but which Bible is that? The one that's corrupted or the
original one given to Prophet Musa (pbuh) which noboby knows where it
is?
Simply the same Bible that Muhammad had in his possession. Was the Bible (Holy Scriptures) Muhammad had corrupted? Remember, he TOLD you it was God's revelation (S 5:68) Where you will find Guidance and light (S 3:3, 5:46)Meccans refused to believe in it (S34:31)Those grounded in knowledge believe it (S4:162)Any of this ring a bell? Remember, you were TOLD God's promises are in it. (S9:111)Oh!!!!! I love this one Muslims should believe itAre you saying Muhammad TOLD you to believe in a corrupted Bible he himself had in his possession?Was it Muhammad who said "We are judged by it"? (S 5:47)Was Muhammad being judged by God by using a corrupted Bible and by telling his followers to refer to a corrupted Bible when in doubt, does that really makes since my brotha? (S 10:94)Are you reading the Quran?Will be waiting for your answers . . .

Simply the same Bible that Muhammad had in his possession. Was the Bible (Holy Scriptures) Muhammad had corrupted? Remember, he TOLD you it was God's revelation (S 5:68)

Did angel Gaberiel (AS) tell you that Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) had a Bible in his possession or are you clairvoyant?

All surah 5:68 is telling us is that Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is ordering Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) hence it begins with 'SAY' to tell the Jews and Christians to really follow the Torah and the Injil and not the corrupted version that you have. Then it goes on to say that the Truth which was revealed to Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) will be rejected by the Jews and Christians.

Where you will find Guidance and light (S 3:3, 5:46)

Indeed the Torah and the injil was guidance and light for the people until it was corrupted by human hands. So therefore, it is no longer the Words of God nor are they still guidance and light.

Meccans refused to believe in it (S34:31)

Indeed because the Meccans at that time were idol worshippers and worse than that.

Those grounded in knowledge believe it (S4:162)

Yes it says those grounded in knowledge believe in what was revealed to Muhammed (pbuh) and I acknowledge that there will be Jews and Christians who will be rewarded, no doubt about that.

Any of this ring a bell?

Not quiet sure what you mean here.

Remember, you were TOLD God's promises are in it. (S9:111)

Surah 9:111 simply says that if a believer gives up his property and his life and fight in the cause if Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala he wll have Paradise. It just says that this promise was made in the Torah, Injil and the Holy Qur'an.

Oh!!!!! I love this one Muslims should believe itAre you saying Muhammad TOLD you to believe in a corrupted Bible he himself had in his possession?

Without getting emotional I wish you could have quoted the verse, so I can give you the answer. Again Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) never told me to believe in any Bible. If he did then there was no point in a new revelation.

Was it Muhammad who said "We are judged by it"? (S 5:47)

What? Read the surah properly, if you don't understand it then please ask. Here it is...

Sahih International
Sahih International And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient.

Was Muhammad being judged by God by using a corrupted Bible and by telling his followers to refer to a corrupted Bible when in doubt, does that really makes since my brotha? (S 10:94)

Well to understand surah 10:94 you have to read the previous verse. Here it is...

Sahih International

And We had certainty settled the Children of Israel in an agreeable settlement and provided them with good things. And they did not differ until [after] knowledge had come to them. Indeed, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ

Are you reading the Quran?Will be waiting for your answers . . .

I read the Holy Qur'an every single day and I get a warm tingly feeling every time I do :)

I hope my answers are sufficient, if you need more clarification please ask.

I told you before to not to talk/speak/communicate without knowledge.

As'alaamu Alaikkum
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 01 October 2012 at 11:01am
I know this is not the thread for it but since you mentioned;
And We had certainty settled the Children of Israel in an agreeable settlement and provided them with good things.
Why then do Muslims dispute over the 'children of Israel' being 'settled' in their land?
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 01 October 2012 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Caringheart

"So if you[prophet] are in doubt about what We have revealed to you, ask those who have been reading the scriptures before you"  surah 10:94Wow, Kish, I am reading the Qur'an but had not come across that yet.  I just looked it up.

Don't get that warm self-satisfying feeling just yet. You have to red the preceding verse to get the context. I'll copy and paste here for you so can read them in full.

Sahih International
And We had certainty settled the Children of Israel in an agreeable settlement and provided them with good things. And they did not differ until [after] knowledge had come to them. Indeed, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ
So if you are in doubt, [O Muhammad], about that which We have revealed to you, then ask those who have been reading the Scripture before you. The truth has certainly come to you from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. 10:93-94

Now does it make sense?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 40 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version