|Active Topics Memberlist Calendar Search Help|
|Register Login Old Forum|
|Islamic Arts & Literatures|
|IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Islamic Arts & Literatures|
Joined: 01 July 2011
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: music
Posted: 01 July 2011 at 4:02am
yesterday i was talking to my frd on phone and we were discussing does any sort of music included sufi kalam are allowed in islam or not?i searched in quran and in surah al-haj ,ayat:30 i find it in urdu translation the word "song "was mention and it was not allowed.on the other hand i also saw a different traslation of same ayat in which the word"song" was not mentioned.so i m confused does the music which make us close to Allah like sufi kalam or song sings like abeda parveen etc are allowed in islam? plz give me some refrences from quran or hadees
Joined: 26 February 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
|Posted: 11 November 2013 at 8:19pm|
(1) "Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affair of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance."
(2) "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress."
(3) "Song makes hypocrisy grow in the heart as water does herbage."
(4) "This community will experience the swallowing up of some people by the earth, metamorphosis of some into animals, and being rained upon with stones." Someone asked, "When will this be, O Messenger of Allah?" and he said, "When songstresses and musical instruments appear and wine is held to be lawful."
(5) "There will be peoples of my Community who will hold fornication, silk, wine, and musical instruments to be lawful ...." -- 'Umdat al-Salik r40.0
Now do you really think ALL music is bad? I do not. In fact I think music can be very spiritual. Of course there is bad music abounding. But it has been shown in plant studies that plants grow towards classical music, and grow away from rock music and wither. So it is with people. It cannot be possible that all music is bad. Music can open the spiritual centers of the brain I think and can be very holy. Rock music and other types can encourage evil thoughts. So one must be selective as with all things. If one cannot be selective and restrain, then one must avoid.
Edited by Empiricist - 11 November 2013 at 8:25pm
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com