Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Aadam and Prophets before ’Eesa (Jesus) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4
AhmadJoyia

Online Status: Offline
Quote AhmadJoyia Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2005 at 6:16am

[Quote]
Because Christians have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, they are new creations. Those in Christ are born of the Spirit (Christ), not just the flesh (Adam).   Thus Jesus is a new Adam.  Which is perhaps what the person meant by evolved.

John 3:3 niv
In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." [Un-QUOTE]

Again, this reply still doesn't seem to answer about the state of nations prior to Christianity, like Jews etc. And besides, I think we all are born of spirit of God and flesh of adam, isn't it?; atleast in some metaphorical sense. What's the point, except that Christians have renamed the God based on evolutionarily developed theology? Thirdly, I really don't see any logical connection between the quote from John 3:3 niv and the concept of human evolution after Jesus. Don't tell me that we need to take this quote in a literal sense?

IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:36pm

Originally posted by yesha`

Because Christians have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, they are new creations. Those in Christ are born of the Spirit (Christ), not just the flesh (Adam).   Thus Jesus is a new Adam.  Which is perhaps what the person meant by evolved.

I don't think that would be correct afterall there were other people just like Jesus in creation  and some were with Jesus while teaching. I would say its more to do with a new awareness and a new self image, not a new creation of being per se.

I think I am with Ahmad with the statement of: "I think we all are born of spirit of God and flesh of adam, isn't it?; atleast in some metaphorical sense"

John 3:3 niv
In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

I don't take that as physically born. Afterall Jesus was alive when he came to a new awareness otherwise he wouldn't have been able to teach his teachings

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version