Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Question For Open ( Debate For Christian Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 10 Next >>
IssaEl999

Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote IssaEl999 Replybullet Topic: Question For Open ( Debate For Christian
    Posted: 24 March 2011 at 1:46pm
Ques ; The Immaculate Conception Of Mary That Christians ( Preach True ) ?
Ques ; How Does The Self Apointed  Saul , Shaool , Paul Justify Abolishing The Law ?
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
IP IP Logged
bunter
Male 

Quote bunter Replybullet Posted: 28 March 2011 at 9:59am
Originally posted by IssaEl999

Ques; The Immaculate Conception Of Mary That Christians Preach True?
Ques; How Does The Self Apointed Saul, Shaool, Paul Justify Abolishing The Law?

Yes it is true that Christianity trusts in a virgin birth. As to whether it is true or not that is a matter of faith as I cannot see how it can be proved one way or another so it is perhaps a pointless question. This is no different is it from saying Mohammed was spoken to by an angel, is it true - I cannot see how it can be proved one way or another.

With regard to Paul it seems to me that you need to tell us where Paul justified abolishing as you say the law?

Edited by bunter - 28 March 2011 at 10:23am
IP IP Logged
IssaEl999

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote IssaEl999 Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2011 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by bunter

Yes it is true that Christianity trusts in a virgin birth. As to whether it is true or not that is a matter of faith as I cannot see how it can be proved one way or another so it is perhaps a pointless question. This is no different is it from saying Mohammed was spoken to by an angel, is it true - I cannot see how it can be proved one way or another.

With regard to Paul it seems to me that you need to tell us where Paul justified abolishing as you say the law?

Maybe you should see if you can answer the question First And Not Tell Me What I Should Do Ok .
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2011 at 8:31am

Paul did & didn't do lot of things, people are still asking it is just not the IC members!

Who Wrote The Bible and Why It Matters

Edited by Sign*Reader - 30 March 2011 at 8:33am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
bunter
Male 

Quote bunter Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2011 at 8:51am
Originally posted by bunter

Is it not interesting that Bart Ehrman is quoted here, beloved it seems of Muslim because he says what they want to hear. Do you not know any other Biblical scholars (FF Bruce, Metzger, Barclay etc) and perhaps you would care to hear what Ehrman says about oral transmission since again Muslims put some much store by it, he said oral transmission is not about about exactness, that is a product of written cultures, but oral recitations are about fitting the story, the same story, but bending it this way and that way to fit circumstance.

Edited by bunter - 30 March 2011 at 8:51am
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2011 at 1:59pm
I agree with Bunter about the virgin birth.  That is simply a matter of faith, as it is with Muslims.  But the second topic is definitely interesting.  Christians make all sorts of arguments to try to exonerate Paul, but as with many of their arguments, there are many inconsistencies which they try very hard to ignore.  
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
IssaEl999

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote IssaEl999 Replybullet Posted: 30 March 2011 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by islamispeace

I agree with Bunter about the virgin birth.  That is simply a matter of faith, as it is with Muslims.  But the second topic is definitely interesting.  Christians make all sorts of arguments to try to exonerate Paul, but as with many of their arguments, there are many inconsistencies which they try very hard to ignore.  

Care Share What You Know About Saul , Shaool , Paul , Teaching ?
IP IP Logged
Matt Browne
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Matt Browne Replybullet Posted: 31 March 2011 at 8:23am
Modern enlightened Christians don't believe virgin birth to be a biological fact. Jesus, the human being, had a biological father too. Immaculate conception can have a symbolic meaning.

Modern enlightened Muslims don't believe in the physical night journey of Muhammad. This too has a symbolic meaning.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version