Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Discussion
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: ? About Tasbih Post Reply Post New Topic
John Mohammad

Online Status: Offline
Quote John Mohammad Replybullet Topic: ? About Tasbih
    Posted: 15 February 2011 at 8:51pm
I was recently given a strings of prayers beads (tasbih) by a Muslim friend but I am at somewhat of a loss as to how to use these. I understand a 'normal' string of beads is of 33 or 99 (divided into groups of 33) but this string is of 45 beads, divided into 3 15-bead sections. I've not come across this type of tasbih, nor do I have any idea on how one would use this.

I do understand that the use of prayer beads is a very debatable topic, and I don't wish to start one here; my questions are for information on this type of tasbih only as I am unfamiliar with it.

Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance ~
IP IP Logged
semar

Quote semar Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2011 at 8:57am
Salam,

Just make it simple, you can do this (15x2)+3=33, I mean you do twice on 15 and add 3. Like when we use our fingers, there are no 33 partitions, so we just do whatever method to make it 33.
We don't need to dig any complicated ruling/fatwa and spend to much energy just for the number of beads in a tasbih. During the prophet pbuh's time they didn't use tasbih anyway.

Edited by semar - 16 February 2011 at 8:58am
Salam/Peace,
Semar
The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full"
"1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2011 at 11:03am
Originally posted by semar

We don't need to dig any complicated ruling/fatwa and spend to much energy just for the number of beads in a tasbih. During the prophet pbuh's time they didn't use tasbih anyway.

IP IP Logged
John Mohammad

Quote John Mohammad Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2011 at 3:47pm
Salam-

Absolutely right- I definitely didn't want to crank up a halal/haram/bid'ah thread just for prayer beads. I'd just never seen a 45-bead tasbih and I didn't know if there was any special significance to it or any special way of using it. I haven't used beads myself, but I do like to be familiar with stuff I come across.
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 17 February 2011 at 9:22pm
Thumbs%20Up
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
IP IP Logged
abosait

Quote abosait Replybullet Posted: 28 February 2011 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by John Mohammad

Salam- Absolutely right-.... I haven't used beads myself, ........

Then why do you want to get involved in bid'ah now that someone has gifted you with a tasbeeh?

People have invented so many sophisticated ways of following this bid’ah, so you see some people wearing the masbahah around their necks! Or some of them counting with the beads whilst talking or listening to you! Or another one riding his bicycle through a street crowded with people, with the masbahah in one of his hands! They are showing the people that they are not distracted from the remembrance of Allaah for even an instant. A friend of mine sent me a software via blue tooth which counts as you press a key on your cellphone everytime you recite a tasbeeh.
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 01 March 2011 at 12:15am
abosait
good point...
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version