Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Science & Technology
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Science & Technology
Message Icon Topic: Creation of solar system and Quran. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
rememberallah

Online Status: Offline
Quote rememberallah Replybullet Posted: 04 December 2010 at 5:42am
peace be on you Gibbs
i know some people take it to be that as that also happened in earth's creation phase, but it is not that, i dont just say it like that but i have done a whole research on the "skiess/heavens and earth" vs "earth and heavens/skies". these both terms are used in this order and they both convey different things.
my conclusion on it is consistent with every "heavens and earth" and "earth and heavens" term in Quran. in background of it i say it refers to formation of solarsystem phase when earth too was forming.
as for last part of your comment, i will start a small topic just for you :-} do go through it brother. i will name it "things are created" it will be in science sextion only.
peace be on you take care.

The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
IP IP Logged
Matt Browne
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Matt Browne Replybullet Posted: 05 December 2010 at 9:19am
Originally posted by schmikbob

Matt, can you help me here.  I am apparently unable to communicate with rememberallah.  It's either that my communication skills are terrible or he is simply is too invested in this whole scientific Quran stuff to ever see the truth even if it keeps hitting him in the face.  I think it might be the latter which is really too bad because this sort of thing just keeps getting in the way of real dialogue. 

No, no, it has nothing to do with your communication skills. I'm in a similar situation. Our friend Rememberallah is a very nice and gentle person. This is a very difficult conversation, because mindsets can be extremely different.

I know that Rememberallah is convinced about the connection between the Quran and science. Most likely because of the belief that all words are of divine origin. And because God is omniscient He must know more than all scientists of the future. This is a very logical conclusion based on the belief that Allah is the author of the Quran.

To me the content of holy books is inspired by God, but this is a liberal interpretation and many Christians don't share my view.

I recommend the following book, which can help understand the discussion we are having right now:

http://www.amazon.com/Being-Certain-Believing-Right-Youre/dp/031254152X/

Just like love or anger, certainty is an emotion. So says neuroscientist Robert Burton, whose engaging new work exposes the involuntary, physiological roots of conviction. He tries to get to the bottom of the curious sensation he calls the feeling of knowing. Throughout his book, Burton makes the compelling argument that certainty is neither a conscious choice nor even a thought process.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
Matt Browne
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Matt Browne Replybullet Posted: 05 December 2010 at 10:35am
Originally posted by rememberallah

peace be on you Gibbs i know some people take it to be that as that also happened in earth's creation phase, but it is not that, i dont just say it like that but i have done a whole research on the "skiess/heavens and earth" vs "earth and heavens/skies". these both terms are used in this order and they both convey different things.
my conclusion on it is consistent with every "heavens and earth" and "earth and heavens" term in Quran. in background of it i say it refers to formation of solarsystem phase when earth too was forming. as for last part of your comment, i will start a small topic just for you :-} do go through it brother. i will name it "things are created" it will be in science sextion only.
peace be on you take care.

How do you explain the fact that Greek scientists made so many scientific discoveries before the Prophet received his messages from Allah? For example Aristarchus (310 BCE - 230 BCE), who was a Greek astronomer and mathematician, born on the island of Samos, in Greece. He presented the first known heliocentric model of the solar system, placing the Sun, not the Earth, at the center of the known universe.

Edited by Matt Browne - 05 December 2010 at 10:36am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
IP IP Logged
rememberallah

Quote rememberallah Replybullet Posted: 08 December 2010 at 12:19am
@ mtt-
brother why dont you do proper reserch, lets see -
Aristarchus believed that the fixed stars and the Sun remain unmoved {truth is stars and sun both move ie revolve and rotate, that the Earth revolves about the Sun on the circumference of a circle {orbit of earth is not circular}, placing the Sun, not the Earth, at the center of the known universe {sun is at centre of solar system but not universe}. Aristarchus concluded that the Sun was between 18 and 20 times farther away than the Moon, The true value of the Sun's distance is actually about 400 times the Moon's.
matt and schmikbob you give so much leaverage to such people who are not compatible with todays science but none to a book that is compatible with science even today?? why?? whats in your heart??
the scientists fail the test of time but the book that claims to be of God stands tall, glory be to God the revealer of kuran. 
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
IP IP Logged
schmikbob
Male Agnostic
Senior  Member

Quote schmikbob Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2010 at 7:37am
rememberallah, I find that you do have a basic grasp of science and even the science of the 7th century.  However, I also find that you have a delusional understanding of what the Quran says.  By the way, "compatible with science" is not some sort of holy grail.  Moby Dick is compatible with science but is an account of fiction.  Maybe you should move away from that mantra.  
IP IP Logged
Matt Browne
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Matt Browne Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:21am
There seems to be a large movement I wasn't aware of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur'an_and_Science

and another movement trying to debunk it, for example

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2010/01/debunking-claim-that-quran-predicts.html

IP IP Logged
rememberallah

Quote rememberallah Replybullet Posted: 09 December 2010 at 11:04am
@schmikbob - my brother beauty lies in the beholders eye, but some beauty beholds every eye, except that persons eye who hates/dislikes/distrust the one who holds that beauty.    i trust Quran is word of God, there are too many things that took me out of delusion and into reality......but then what is reality........i look inside and find it written allover my heart.   listen to your heart, don't be so overconfident that you know.........i am still willing to consider what Quran asks "have you ever thought if this Quran is really from God or not?"
@matt- and continuing from answer to schmikbob, my brother matt what someone claims about Quran is never an issue for me since the time i decided to be my own teacher. there are as many claims as there ate mouths, Quran says "there claim will be put on record and they will be questioned about it". i will be questioned for what i claim, you for what you and anyone else for what he claims.    i really don't find it strange that you cant see what i can see as i know a billion arguments can't earn guidence and one is enough for one who is guided, do such charity in which you dont get anything in return, i am not asking you anything but that which makes God give guidence, then perhaps you wont even need an argument, you will become one yourself.
peace be on those who do charity in return of which they dont get anything.
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 28 December 2010 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne

There seems to be a large movement I wasn't aware of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur'an_and_Science

This wiki page is dead or deleted! might want to avoid wiki's references!

and another movement trying to debunk it, for example

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2010/01/debunking-claim-that-quran-predicts.html
This is futile attempt by a Christian missionary Hagbard; if he is reminded to look in his own book (Bible) and do some comparisons the man would be totally flustered...I think we have had discussion on that subject in inter faith section a while back!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 28 December 2010 at 11:47pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version