Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Friday Sermons Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2011 at 8:18am
Friendship, with all due respect, I have not come to you seeking knowledge or asking with respect to salatul Jummah.  It is you who have made a rather unorthodox claim and have not been able to support it with textual evidence.
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2011 at 10:12am
Assalamu alaikum.

There is only one textual evidence for all Muslims: This is the holy Qur'an and its explanation by Muhammad Rasulullah and his companions. If you do not possess it, then do not waste my time. You are responsible to correcting your mistakes. Do you want me to mislead you? This is what Huzaifa ibn Yamani said, "No one should blame him for misguiding him while he reads the Qur'an."
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2011 at 1:33pm
"sigh"  Anyway, let me assume based upon your initial post:

that you assume "Khutbahtul Hajja" is obligatory, and since those khateebs in your locality are not opening their khutbah with this established sunnah of the Prophet, you have opted not to attend Jummah.  If this is the case, and I assume it is, it is not obligatory because the Prophet did not constantly open his sermons with it.  This was not his steady practice nor that of his Companions or authors from the scholars of Islam.  Sometimes they began with it and at other times it was left off.  Therefore if Imaams of your place and time are not using this sunnah of Khutbatul Hajja they should simply be advised that it is indeed from the sunnah of our Messenger, however not obligatory and, certainly not the bases for you not attending the Jummah prayer.  I ask Allah, Most High, to guide us to that which is pleasing to Him.
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2011 at 1:48pm
Assalamu alaikum Abuayisa.

I do not mean that. There is a book written on the Khutba of the holy Apostle about 450 of them. What the holy Apostle said is: The total time spent on the Khutba should be less than the total time spent in the two raka'a. I was an Imam in my working place. My Khutba takes 4-5 minutes and my two raka'a takes 8 minutes. The chapters recited by the holy Apostle were only 4, throughout his 10 year period. I believe that one should not recite chapters during the Friday prayer other than them. Now, some Muslims choose to do whatever they like. I am not part of them. My understanding of following the sunna is different from the majority of the Muslims. I am like Abdullah ibn 'Umar on following the sunna. 
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:02pm
 "My understanding of following the sunna is different from the majority of the Muslims."  Indeed.  Do we have any textual evidence for total time spent on the khutba of the Prophet of Allah?  So am I now to understand that you do not attend Jummah because Imaams are breaching 4-5 minutes vs. raka'a time? 

Jabir ibn Samurah says: "The Messenger of Allah would deliver his speech standing, Would sit in between the two speeches, would recite some verses, and would remind the people [about Allah]." {Reported by the group, save Imams Al-Bukhari and At- Tirmidhi.}

Jabir also related that the Prophet S.A.W. would not make his admonitions on Friday too long, but give a very short speech. {Reported by Imam Abu Dawud.}

Umm Hisham bint Harithah ibn an Nu'man says: " I learnt (suraht) "Qaf of the Glorious Qura'an" from the Prophet for he recited it upon the pulpit every Friday when he addressed the people." {Reported by Imams Ahmed, Muslim, An-Nasa'i, and Abu Dawood.}

Ya'la ibn Umayyah reports that he heard the Prophet recite, while on the pulpit: "And they cry: O Malik!…" (surat Az Zukhruf: 77). This is related by Imams Al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Imam Ibn Majah records from Ubayy that the Messenger of Allah recited: "Blessed is He…" (surat Al-Mulk) on Friday while he was standing delivering his speech.

Lastly, who is like the Prophet, who was blessed to speak few words, but convey great meaning?
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2011 at 12:14am
Assalamu alaikum abuayisha.

Your post: Lastly, who is like the Prophet, who was blessed to speak few words, but convey great meaning?

Answer: All Muslims are like prophet Muhammad in that sense because we say what he said and mean what he means. Please do not create another confusion in this matter of who is better than who. Allah says in the holy Qur'an chapter 53:32, "So ascribe not purity to yourselves."
Please read the explanations and commentary and not just mere words. For example Surat Juma'a translation and explanation by Shankiti covered 50 pps of 9x6 x30 lines.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2011 at 6:59am
Smile
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 31 January 2011 at 7:30am
Assalamu alaikum.