Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Friday Sermons Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 28 January 2011 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Friendship

Assalamu alaika Islamipeace.

Sorry I did not respond to your post on 30/10/2010. If it is true that the holy Apostle said the time spent on the two raka'at should be longer than the two sermons and a follower reversed that, what is the position of that follower. I am not trying to be an extremist, but just to be like any of the Sahabas who do not change the sunna of the holy Apostle. As I said, I do not attend the Fridat prayer as it is done during the time of Zuhr prayer and not a single sunna of the holy apostle is followed by the Imam. I pray Zuhr. 

Walaikum as-salaam.  The first part of your statement is true.  However, that is not a good reason to neglect the Jumah prayer.  The Quran makes the Jumah prayer obligatory and so did the prophet.  So, you are breaking with the Quran and the Sunnah for not attending the prayer.  Your reason for doing so is not sufficient. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 28 January 2011 at 8:54pm
Our khateeb spoke about honor through obeying tenants of our faith, and making repentance for misdeeds.
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 28 January 2011 at 10:35pm
Assalamu alaika Islamipeace.

Your post: The Quran makes the Jumah prayer obligatory and so did the prophet.

Response: I do not think the Muslims understand what the Qur'an says on Friday prayer. Secondly they do not understand the conditions the holy Apostle set for validity of the prayer. Sometimes ago a member of this forum drew the attention of the member on SHURUT. Please read your books explaining the sunna. We are not in the wilderness.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 29 January 2011 at 7:56am
Friendship the position you take requires evidence from the Quran, Sunnah.  Jumah is within Allah's Sharee'ah.  What is your evidence?  Bring forth your evidence that allows you to change Allah's Law, or simply remain silent.

Edited by abuayisha - 29 January 2011 at 7:57am
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 29 January 2011 at 10:14am
Assalamu alaika abuayisha.

Congratulations! I really appreciate your wisdom. Islam is an ideology governed by proofs and evidences. Please get hold of Za'd al Ma'ad by ibn Jawzi vol.1, or Tafsir of Qur'an by Shankiti on Sura Juma'a to satisfy yourself.
I am not changing Allah's Law, but rather enforcing the Shari'a or sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah.
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 29 January 2011 at 10:28am
Assalamu alaika Islamispeace.

Your post: The imam at my masjid did not say that sins are just forgiven and that we can just keep sinning.  He was merely saying that those of us who sin should not lose hope of Allah's mercy.

Question: Please try to know the practical details of how Allah accepts someone's repentance. Don't introduce the doctrine of vicarious atonement of sin into Islam. It is clear that major sins are not forgiven. When Yazid ibn Abu Sufyan took alcohol in Syria he quoted Qur'an chapter 5:93. 'Umar bin Khattab explained the meaning of the verse. He repented and was given eighty lashes. If he had refused to repent, then he had become an apostate.
Brother! don't rely on these Imams. Did you not hear what the Imams in Tunisia, Egypt are saying? The Sunna deals with those with education of the sunna and govern people.

IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 29 January 2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Friendship

Assalamu alaika abuayisha.

Congratulations! I really appreciate your wisdom. Islam is an ideology governed by proofs and evidences. Please get hold of Za'd al Ma'ad by ibn Jawzi vol.1, or Tafsir of Qur'an by Shankiti on Sura Juma'a to satisfy yourself.
I am not changing Allah's Law, but rather enforcing the Shari'a or sunna of Muhammad Rasulullah.

Friendship when you make a claim it is upon you to support your assertion with textual evidence.  What is your understanding from; Za'd al Ma'ad by ibn Jawzi vol.1, or Tafsir of Qur'an by Shankiti on Sura Juma'a, which allows you to not make salatu Jumah in congregation?  What is your evidence?  Allah says "O you who believe! When the call for Friday prayer is made, hasten towards the remembrance of Allah Most High and leave all transactions. This is best for you if only you know."  Why are you not responding to Allah's command?  What is Shankiti's tafsir against Allah's order?  People can say whatever they like, however we are to base our practice upon clear evidence......and you have not provided us with evidence.  "get hold of Za'd al Ma'ad by ibn Jawzi vol.1....." is not a proof.

IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 29 January 2011 at 9:30pm
Assalamu alaika abuayisa.

It is important you convince yourself. I am not responsible to educating you. Remember what Allah will tell you in the Hereafter: "Read your book. You yourself are sufficient as a reckoner against you this Day." The Allah warned you: "And among men is he who disputes about Allah, without knowledge or guidance, or a Book giving light (from Allah).
So, after reading, convincing yourself then we can discuss. I need the truth also from someone. This is the democracy in Islam.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version