Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Friday Sermons Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:29am
The khutbah for 12/31/10 was a retelling of the Quranic story of Mary (ra) and Jesus (pbuh).  Mary was chosen by God and was in His care, even when Zakariyah (pbuh) was her caretaker.  Jesus' birth was one of the signs of Allah and His word ("Be!"), and not God's son, as the Christians believe.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:50pm
No khutbah for today as I was unable to attend the services due to a snow storm.  
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:23am
As Salamu Alaikum

This friday's khutbah in my masjids around my place was about the islamic month of safar. It was discussed about the superstitions and misconceptions people hold of this month. Alhamdulillah, people were educated about it that thru the sayings of Prophet

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 14 January 2011 at 11:42am
Today's khutbah was about controlling one's anger, even in the face of one's enemies.  The imam used the example of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who was never quick to anger and instead showed kindness and mercy even to his enemies, as in the case of the conquest of Mecca.  The imam alluded to the Quran which states in Surah 60:7 -

"It may be that Allah will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For Allah has power (over all things); And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:37am
As Salamu Alaikum

It was a good reminder brother.JazakAllah for sharing it with us. It's hard to hold anger even with enemies. But the sunnah and the ayah you shared shall insha Allah help us. There was an article was just reading - Anger for the sake of Allah, insha Allah , shall share it over - General Islamic matter section.

Topic of Khutbah as shared by my brother was about flying kites. It's a festival of other religions but irrespective of any religion, boys here enjoy flying kites. They were taught in khutbah that flying kites is not encouraged in Islam as it leads to many wrong things. Islam teaches us to play those sports that make us sportive.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2011 at 2:11pm
Assalamu alaikum.
I do not attend the Friday prayer because it is not done according to the sunna of the holy Apostle

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><>

The first Sermon delivered by the holy Apostle at the valley of Ranuna has been reserved. compare the time spen by your Imams with the tim e spent by the holy Apostle:

ان الحمد لله نحمده ونستعينه ونستغفره ونعوذ نالله مز شرور انفسنا ومن سيآت اعما لنا من يهده الله فلا مضل له ومن يضلل فلا ها دى له واشهد أن لأله الا الله واشهد ان محمدا عبده ورسوله.

اما بعد ايها النا س فقد موا لأنفسكم تعلمن والله ليصقن احدكم, ثم ليدعن غنمه تيس لها راع, ثم ليقو لن له ربه وليس له تر جمان, ولاحاجب يحجبه دونه, الم يأتك رسولى فبلغك, وآتيتك مالا, وافضلت عليك, فما قدمت لنفسك, فلينظر يمينا وشما لا, فلا يرى شيئا, ثم لينظرن قدامه فلا يرى غير جهنم, فمن استطاع ان يقى وجهه من النار ولو بشق من التمر فليفعل, ومن لم يجده فبكلمة طيبة, فان بها تجزى الحسنة بعشر امثالها الى سبعما ئة ضعف, والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته.

Meaning: All praise belongs to Allah. It is He whom we praise. We seek His Help, His forgiveness. We seek refuge from Him from our evil deed and misconduct. Whoever receives Allah’s guidance will never go astray, and he whom Allah misguides will never be guided. I bear witness that there is no lawgiver but Allah, and that Muhammad (ibn Abdullah bin Abdulmutallab) is his messenger and servant.

Now! O mankind! Be virtuous and perform good deeds for your own good. Know full well that on the day of Judgment you will scream and abandon your sheep, goats and cattle, leaving them to wander without a herdsman.  His Lord will then call on him without an interpreter and a screen between him and his Lord, “Has not My messenger delivered you my Message? Have I not bestowed you with wealth? Have I not bestowed abundance on you? What have you done for your own good with all that I gave you? He will then look around- to the right and left. He will not see anything. He will then look down but only to see the hell fire. The one who has the ability to shade his face from the Hell fire with a small quantity of date, let him do so. The one who cannot do so, let him save himself from the hell fire with good words. Indeed one will be rewarded ten to seven hundred times. Peace and blessing of Allah be upon you.

The second Khutba is:
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12">
<>

ان الحمد لله احمده واستعينه, نعوذ بالله من شرور انفسنا, وسيئات اعمالنا, من يهده الله فلا مضل له, ومن يضلل فلا هادى له, واشهد ان لااله الا الله وحده لاشريك له واشهد ان محمدا عبده ورسوله. ان احسن الحديث كتاب الله, قد افلح من زينه الله فى قلبه, وادخله فى الآسلام بعد الكفر, فاختاره ما سواه من احاديث الناس, انه احسن الحديث وابلغه, احبوا ما احب الله, احبوا الله من كل قلو بكم, وتملواكلام الله وذكره, ولاتقس عنه قلو بكم, فانه من كل ما يخلق الله يختار ويصطفى, قدسماه الله خيرته من اعمال, ومصطفاه من العباد والصا لح من الحديث, ومن كل ما اوتى الناس من الحلال واحرام, فاعبد الله ولا تشركو به شيئا, وتقوه حق تقاته, واصد قوالله صالح ما تقولون بافواهكم وتحابوا بروح الله بينكم, ان الله يغضب ان ينكث عهده, واسسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته.

Meaning: Praise be to Allah. I praise and seek His Assistance. We seek refuge with Allah from our evil deeds. Whoever receives Allah’s guidance will never go astray, and he whom Allah misguides will never be guided. I bear witness that there is no lawgiver but Allah, and that Muhammad (ibn Abdullah bin Abdulmutallab) is his messenger and servant.

Indeed the best narration is the Book of Allah. The one who Allah made his book beautiful in his heart will prosper. And He will admit him into the fold of Islam. The Book of Allah has no parallel among other books. It is the best narration that penetrates the heart of man. Therefore love that which Allah loves. Let the love of Allah be in your heart. Let the Speech of Allah and his Remembrance be the full enjoyment of your heart. For, whatever Allah chose and preferred, is indeed the best of His choice. One should worship Allah only on what is permissible and sacrosanct and should not associate anything with Allah. Obey and Fear Allah as demanded by Him and believe in Him. This is the best of your speech. Extend and spread the Love of Allah among yourselves. Allah is not pleased with those who do not fulfill his Covenant. Peace and blessing of Allah be upon you.

Edited by Friendship - 18 January 2011 at 2:25pm
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 18 January 2011 at 10:18pm

Kindly stayout of this thread, when you don't attend friday prayers.

Here in this thread, we share friday Qutbahs. You will be deviating from the topic as do not hold any topic of friday sermons

IP IP Logged
Friendship

Senior  Member

Quote Friendship Replybullet Posted: 19 January 2011 at 2:04pm
Assalamu alaikum seekshidayath.

Your post: Kindly stayout of this thread, when you don't attend friday prayers.
Response: Is such remark according to the hadith of the holy Apostle on Nasiha? Are we allowed to perform an Ibadat not according to the Sunna of the holy Apostle? Whay do you understand by this hadith of the holy Apostle, "The one who does not stand by my Sunna is not with me." What is the limit of the Sunna?

Your posted: Here in this thread, we share friday Qutbahs. You will be deviating from the topic as do not hold any topic of friday sermons.

Response: Is there any sermon more important leading one to enter Paradise other than the sermons of the holy Apostle? Are the sermons of the holy Apostle meant to make one abide by his Sunna? It is unfortunate that you do not like to be corrected simply because you do not know and therefore fail to understand.
Please educate me according according to you study and understanding: What is the objective of the friday sermon? Is it meant for correction or rhetorics. I meant : We heard and we disobey or we heard and obey! 
I could remember asking some questions on Friday prayer, but I never get a response. I asked the questions just to make you and others know their mistakes.

Edited by Friendship - 19 January 2011 at 2:15pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version