Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups Women (Sisters)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups Women (Sisters)
Message Icon Topic: Wearing socks for prayer Post Reply Post New Topic
NuraB
Female Islam
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote NuraB Replybullet Topic: Wearing socks for prayer
    Posted: 23 October 2010 at 4:58pm
Salamo Aleikom all

As you all know, in about a month there's the second Eid. For my family that entails visits from the in-laws and the Eid prayer and consequently me dealing with the frustration of sock-less feet during prayer.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but we (as women) are meant to cover our feet during prayer, right?

I recall the hadith that the Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam) had said (I believe) to Asmaa that for a woman the awrah is everything except the hands and face. Not hands, face and feet. 

Call me crazy Wink but I would think that if we are to wear jalaba and khilmar during prayer out of respect for Allah
Subhanahu wa ta'ala then it would be redonkulous to cover every inch of our bodies except for our feet.

Call me crazier Wink but I would think that a public prayer like Eid prayer would mean we would cover our feet.

If I am wrong, please let me know, I don't want to stress or be frustrated unnecessarily. Thanks for letting me vent.

N.B.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version