Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: 2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Boomer

Online Status: Offline
Quote Boomer Replybullet Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Angel

and what have you offered of late that relates to the thread title?? Tongue
Read the title of this thread and look at the first post opening the thread.

It's particularly difficult to make a connection there... at least for some of us.

So, third time now, any comment you woud care to offer related to the thread subject? 
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Boomer

Especially notable on Memorial Day in the U.S., I thought the following story was interesting in the context of U.S. soldiers fighting and dying to prop up a politico-religious ideology that is utterly hostile to many of them. What will be inexcusable will be the lack conviction on the part of the U.S. administration to hold the Karzai government accountable. As we see with regularity across the islamist world, Islamism is intolerant, having a built-in doctrine of contempt for competing religions and the holy obligation to make mohammed’s religion the only religion.

2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_as/as_afghan_charities_suspended;_ylt=AnfYnVUAuPzK6e3pIWLFEems0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxaTE0Y3JpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTMxL2FzX2FmZ2hhbl9jaGFyaXRpZXNfc3VzcGVuZGVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDMQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrAzJjaHJpc3RpYW5haQ--

KABUL, Afghanistan – Afghan authorities suspended two Christian foreign aid groups Monday on suspicion of proselytizing in the strictly Islamic nation and said a follow-up investigation would include whether other groups were trying to convert Muslims.

U.S.-based Church World Service and Norwegian Church Aid will not be allowed to operate while the allegations, aired Sunday on Afghan television, are investigated, said Mohammad Hashim Mayar, the deputy director of the Afghan government office that oversees nongovernment organizations, known as NGOs.

Mayar said officials did not have any evidence of proselytizing beyond the television report.

I know you are not going to like it....... but if one learns about the region and what is acceptable and not acceptable they will learn that its not acceptable to proselytizing one's religion. If they still on intent to proselytizing their religion knowing the consequences then its their fault in the place for getting suspended.
Not sure how this is any different from France banning burka 

Edited by Angel - 05 June 2010 at 3:55am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Boomer

Quote Boomer Replybullet Posted: 05 June 2010 at 4:14am

I know you are not going to like it....... but if one learns about the region and what is acceptable and not acceptable they will learn that its not acceptable to proselytizing one's religion. If they still on intent to proselytizing their religion knowing the consequences then its their fault in the place for getting suspended.

It’s less a function of my liking it as it is identifying a blatant double standard. There is, of course, overt discrimination toward competing religions in most islamist nations. What you define as “acceptable and not acceptable” (in connection with religions that compete with Islamism), is really the islamist practice of using threats, brute force and intimidation to suppress competing religions.

There’s a wealth of information here:

http://www.persecution.org/suffering/index.php

Going unsaid here is that an Islamist state has as its core precept, a bias and bigotry negatively affecting competing faiths. An Islamist state is by definition, discriminatory toward non-Muslims. There’s a certain amount of question begging underlying this dynamic that wants to query: how really tenuous is a religion that is so weak it needs a government to force it on people?

What we do see are islamists’ one sided claims to entitlements and demands for special treatment. We see demands for the allowance of religious symbols in secular school systems. We see Muslims segregating themselves in communities to be isolated from the host nation so as to minimize exposure to the host nations “corruptive influences”. We see Muslims importing the societal norms of their nations of origin which are totally contrary to Western standards of equality, tolerance, personal freedoms and rule of law. Yet, we are barraged with charges of bigotry and Racism™ when we reject such religiously inspired things as “honor” killings, misogynistic treatment of women and an all-consuming politico-religious ideology that Muslims believe must be imposed on all.

Don’t you find it to be a bit ironic that you feel an entitlement to import your politico-religious beliefs into the nation of Australia that is open, pluralistic and accepting yet, as an islamist, you support the idea of banning competing religions in the islamist Middle East?

IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 05 June 2010 at 8:32am

It’s less a function of my liking it as it is identifying a blatant double standard. There is, of course, overt discrimination toward competing religions in most islamist nations. What you define as “acceptable and not acceptable” (in connection with religions that compete with Islamism), is really the islamist practice of using threats, brute force and intimidation to suppress competing religions.

Learn your history and you'll learn that Christianity did the same. Do you know about the crusades? the spanish inquistion? Wink 
There has always been fighting going on in that region for centuries, why is today different.
There is always wars going on between african tribes of differring beliefs Africa.
People have always fought over different ideologies and i don't think its going to stop anytime soon either.

There’s a wealth of information here:

http://www.persecution.org/suffering/index.php

Going unsaid here is that an Islamist state has as its core precept, a bias and bigotry negatively affecting competing faiths. An Islamist state is by definition, discriminatory toward non-Muslims. There’s a certain amount of question begging underlying this dynamic that wants to query: how really tenuous is a religion that is so weak it needs a government to force it on people?

Can you tell me why so many non muslims work and live in the ME especially the UAE?

Both Christianity and Islam and other faiths live side by side in peace in some parts of the ME. If its as bad as you make it out to be, then there should be an all out war. But please tell me why so many non muslims from parts of the world move there, live and work? (it cannot be all about the tax free shopping)

What we do see are islamists’ one sided claims to entitlements and demands for special treatment. We see demands for the allowance of religious symbols in secular school systems. We see Muslims segregating themselves in communities to be isolated from the host nation so as to minimize exposure to the host nations “corruptive influences”. We see Muslims importing the societal norms of their nations of origin which are totally contrary to Western standards of equality, tolerance, personal freedoms and rule of law. Yet, we are barraged with charges of bigotry and Racism™ when we reject such religiously inspired things as “honor” killings, misogynistic treatment of women and an all-consuming politico-religious ideology that Muslims believe must be imposed on all.

Honour killings are not islamic, they happen in other faiths to, it happens in some Christian communities also, its not religious thing its a cultural thing and the same with bad treatment of women. For some cultural and religious beliefs are quite interwined and its hard for them to separate the both.

Don’t you find it to be a bit ironic that you feel an entitlement to import your politico-religious beliefs into the nation of Australia that is open, pluralistic and accepting yet, as an islamist, you support the idea of banning competing religions in the islamist Middle East?

The answer is no to both points.

FYI, I am not an islamist. Wink

Edited by Angel - 05 June 2010 at 8:34am
IP IP Logged
Boomer

Quote Boomer Replybullet Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:17pm

Learn your history and you'll learn that Christianity did the same. Do you know about the crusades? the spanish inquistion? Wink 
There has always been fighting going on in that region for centuries, why is today different.
There is always wars going on between african tribes of differring beliefs Africa.
People have always fought over different ideologies and i don't think its going to stop anytime soon either.

I’m not going to excuse the outrageous acts of islamists simply because “hey, they did it too”. You do realize the Spanish Inquisition occurred centuries ago, right? Also, let’s remember that the Spanish Inquisition was not a worldwide problem that put every corner of the planet at risk.

This is perhaps the greatest threat that the world faces – that islamists make excuses for Islamic terrorism.  It seems that you have fully embraced the “What Islamic Terrorism?” pathology that is so much a component of Islamism. Apparently, the internecine hatreds (which roots date back 1,400 years) and which cause islamists to mass slaughter each other and others is to be excused because “Hey – they did it too”. Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to geopolitics in the islamist Middle East can understand that the plight of the arab/muslim world has everything to do with Arab/muslim intransigence, an utter inability to compromise and make peace with the out-group; all of which finds it’s focal point at an ancient text delineating the above.

Can you tell me why so many non muslims work and live in the ME especially the UAE?

Both Christianity and Islam and other faiths live side by side in peace in some parts of the ME. If its as bad as you make it out to be, then there should be an all out war. But please tell me why so many non muslims from parts of the world move there, live and work? (it cannot be all about the tax free shopping)

Actually, I can’t tell you why “so many” non islamists work and live in the ME because “so many don’t”. Further, why not define for us those “some parts” of the Middle East where Islamism hasn’t driven out competing religions.

How many competing faiths exist in Saudi Arabia? Please discuss for us the discrimination that Christian Copts face in Egypt. How many non-islamists are there in Yemen and other “islamist” parts of North Africa? The list goes on.  At no time in Islamic history has Islamism been accommodating to competing religions. There has never been equality for non-Muslims in a Muslim sharia state and there have been too often times of mass murder and persecution, forced conversion, forced exile, and oppression, even as far back as the time of Mohammed. The restrictions on non-muslims in the freedom to practice their faith, maintain houses of worship, engaging in permissible trades, in humiliating dress and restrictions on travel, etc. are part of Muslim history and law. Let’s not pretend that Islamism has ever been promoting of competing religions.

Honour killings are not islamic, they happen in other faiths to, it happens in some Christian communities also, its not religious thing its a cultural thing and the same with bad treatment of women. For some cultural and religious beliefs are quite interwined and its hard for them to separate the both.

Of course “honor” killings are islamist. In cultures where “honor” killings routinely occur, islam is both the culture and the predominant religion. Let’s not pretend that “honor” killings are part of Christian societal norms as that is just not supportable.

My own opinion is that there is a certain pathology that afflicts people who would consign women to those feelings of helplessness and inadequacy. It is unhealthy to treat women in a manner such that they become mere possessions-vessels/repositories of the impotent and inadequate male's fragile “honor”. That men and women could relate equally in every sphere of human endeavor is a concept that is so alien and so threatening to so much of the islamist world; I suspect it is what partly fuels the engine of ineptitude that grips so much of the islamist Middle East.

Why do you think you are not? 
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 06 June 2010 at 12:52am

Why do you think you are not? LOL

This is joke of the month!
See Angel, he is the dumbest of all breeds of TROLLS who have come through here!
Have fun!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 06 June 2010 at 12:52am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 06 June 2010 at 9:35am

Of course “honor” killings are islamist. In cultures where “honor” killings routinely occur, islam is both the culture and the predominant religion.

Really??
then explain India, where islam and christianity are not the predominant religion.  

Let’s not pretend that “honor” killings are part of Christian societal norms as that is just not supportable.

Not supportable? well here is a few resources to check:
from the bible:  

Lev 21:9  And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. (Leviticus 20:9)

An articles one from christian site:
Women and Honor Killings: What a Difference Christianity Makes

My own opinion is that there is a certain pathology that afflicts people who would consign women to those feelings of helplessness and inadequacy. It is unhealthy to treat women in a manner such that they become mere possessions-vessels/repositories of the impotent and inadequate male's fragile “honor”. That men and women could relate equally in every sphere of human endeavor is a concept that is so alien and so threatening to so much of the islamist world; I suspect it is what partly fuels the engine of ineptitude that grips so much of the islamist Middle East.

I hope you assign you pathology to the western world where some men abuse women to and at times kill. Don't forget that some men in the West treat women as their possessions. And here there is no particular religion at play.

Edited by Angel - 06 June 2010 at 9:36am
IP IP Logged
Gibbs

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Gibbs Replybullet Posted: 06 June 2010 at 9:58am
So let me get this straight Boomhauer (from the cartoon king of the hill) thinks its a double standard that Christians are kicked out of a Muslim country? First off angel is right. Christians know the risk of proselytizing in a Muslim country with rules. We can't always see the world through the lens of Western society.

Hmmm I'm more concerned about "Christian Terrorism" than so-called Islamist terrorism. For instance where I live a dangerous Latino gang called "Latin Kings" kill innocent people and from what I hear within their so-called gang creed they invoke God.....hmmm

What about abortion clinics? Afraid to go their too since I may get shot up by a nutball Christian in the name of a bearded Jewish guy......what's his name? Oh yeah Jesus.

Afraid to go to the store with my kid for fear some nutball Christian is gonna proselytize scaring my child.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version