Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups Women (Sisters)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups Women (Sisters)
Message Icon Topic: hijab Post Reply Post New Topic
CinnaStix

Starter
Starter

Online Status: Offline
Quote CinnaStix Replybullet Topic: hijab
    Posted: 19 March 2005 at 7:31am

Salam!

I am trying to put a book together about hijab...wanted to ask for some help...if you know anyone who can be of help, please tell them about my request...

If you have....

a story, an essay, a poem, a picture, a photo, a quote, a piece of advice, an experience, AN incident... a FAQ about hijab with your answer...

then send it in!!! but please do not send anything in unless it comes with a way of contact (email...) WITH THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT ASAP!!!!!!

JAZAK ALLAH KHAIR

IP IP Logged
herjihad

Senior  Member

Quote herjihad Replybullet Posted: 19 March 2005 at 7:23pm

Bismillah,

We Muslimah have many stories about hijab.  What is your point of view?

I was insulted, called a traitor, ridiculed, followed around, spat on, stared at.  So many things to say.

It identified me as a muslim to my sisters in Islaam.  We met, talked, got to know each other, or just smiled with a greeting glad to see someone else like us.  In the end I discovered that culture and racism are strong, and that the whites stick together, the paks, the indians, the malaysians et cetera.  Other people might have found true sisterhood, and that is wonderful.  But ours was confined to boundaries set by the cultural norms from each culture.  The hijab united us in small ways, but not cross-culturally enough to form the bonds of meaningful friendships, usually.

no e-mail.  sorry.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
IP IP Logged
CinnaStix

Starter
Starter

Quote CinnaStix Replybullet Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:48am
Thank you for replying! I'd like all points of view...it is YOUR piece of work...so what is it you would like me to use??? this email is fine!
IP IP Logged
IslamicGirl

Quote IslamicGirl Replybullet Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:36am

Well in the country I live in, I look up to women who actually can go out in public with a hijab on.  In different states here, it's like Islam is one of the main religions.. but, in the other state, it's like being an alien or an outcast.

IP IP Logged
adji

Quote adji Replybullet Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:44pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Without email, you still can communicate each other via PM facility on this forum. It works just like webmail at yahoo etc, please try.

Wassalam,
Adji

Edited by adji
IP IP Logged
Suleyman

Senior  Member

Quote Suleyman Replybullet Posted: 21 March 2005 at 9:17pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum.

I'll give you some references and some online books about your issue,i believe they will help you...

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version