Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:
         

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Parent Issues, in need of help. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Author Message
martha
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 October 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1141
Quote martha Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 11:26am
Seeks,
Salams,
To you I will also say..WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HIS FAMILY HAVE REALLY SAID.
I know muslims say it is ok to lie to your parents. I just don;t agree with that.

Shawn is living in a completely different place and time to the Prohpet's companions)pbut). It is not an ideal world..some care should be taken.

I DO care about his life after this life.very much so. So if he becomes muslim and then rejects it later on, is that not more harmful for him then? Should he not be warned about this?

I am just suggesting that he thinks and prays really hard about this before making his mind up.

Seeks, tell me what your family would do if you became a Christian tomorrow? Would they reject you? What would they do to you?

All religions are true to some extent. People choose what they want, but they should learn enough basics first. After all it is a life changing decision.




some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
IP IP Logged
Shawn
Male Islam
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 February 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote Shawn Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 1:02pm
Well, i did tell my parents.  My mom brought me to the mosque on tuesday.  We walked in a store right next to the mosque, which had Muslims from the mosque in it.  We talked to them and told them that i would like to convert soon.  After talking to them, they invited me to come back on friday, and this time to go inside the mosque.  The older man said that he knows someone that could help me that is around my age, and that he could translate the arabic into english for me.  I think my parents have realized that I'm serious about it, and are starting to warm up to the idea.  And as far as losing friends, i am not worried.  If they are true friends my religion won't matter, and I'm sure my family will stand behind me in anything i do.  I'm excited to return to the mosque on friday, and will update you all on what happenedBig%20smile
IP IP Logged
MadaniChild
Female Islam
Starter
Starter
Avatar

Joined: 10 March 2010
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote MadaniChild Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 1:48pm
Asalamualaikum,
 
  I would like to say that everything that you are saying is affecting Shawn. Some of you are encouraging him, and others are scaring him. I think that Shawn is capable of realizing if this religion is right for him or not. Shawn needs guidance, the rest is up to him. Personally, I think that as soon as he is 100 percent sure, he should convert because there are alot of people who can help him learn what he needs to know. May Allah guide him.
 
 
IP IP Logged
abuayisha
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 05 October 1999
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4380
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:00pm
Martha;
 

Originally posted by Shawn

My mom said she would like to bring me to a Mosque, and i hope that she will soon. 

 

Originally posted by Shawn

and i just today went to a mosque.  They said i can return friday,

IP IP Logged
Shawn
Male Islam
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 February 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote Shawn Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:14pm
haris30432
I agree with what you are saying.  I don't want to rush it, and i think about it everyday, if it's what i truly want to do.  Surely i doubt myself just like any human would, but at the same time, I've always decided that I want to convert.
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 26 March 2006
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3347
Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Shawn

Well, i did tell my parents.  My mom brought me to the mosque on tuesday.  We walked in a store right next to the mosque, which had Muslims from the mosque in it.  We talked to them and told them that i would like to convert soon.  After talking to them, they invited me to come back on friday, and this time to go inside the mosque.  The older man said that he knows someone that could help me that is around my age, and that he could translate the arabic into english for me.  I think my parents have realized that I'm serious about it, and are starting to warm up to the idea.  And as far as losing friends, i am not worried.  If they are true friends my religion won't matter, and I'm sure my family will stand behind me in anything i do.  I'm excited to return to the mosque on friday, and will update you all on what happenedBig%20smile
 
 
Big%20smile - Allahu Akbar. {Allah is the Greatest} . All Praises be to Allah  who blessed you with steadfastness.  Shall be waiting for the updates, insha Allah, shawn.
 
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 26 March 2006
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3347
Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by MadaniChild

Asalamualaikum,
 
  I would like to say that everything that you are saying is affecting Shawn. Some of you are encouraging him, and others are scaring him. I think that Shawn is capable of realizing if this religion is right for him or not. Shawn needs guidance, the rest is up to him. Personally, I think that as soon as he is 100 percent sure, he should convert because there are alot of people who can help him learn what he needs to know. May Allah guide him.
 
 
Walaikum Salaam wa rahmatullah
 
Welcome to Islamicity, sis.
 
Wishing you a happy stay. Insha Allah, any sort of help to learn, we will all do that. Hope you too join us. Smile
 
Stay active sis.
 
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
MadaniChild
Female Islam
Starter
Starter
Avatar

Joined: 10 March 2010
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote MadaniChild Replybullet Posted: 10 March 2010 at 5:26pm
Jazak Allah (:
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed herein contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of IslamiCity. This forum is offered to stimulate dialogue and discussion in our continuing mission of being an educational organization.
If there is any issue with any of the postings please email to icforum at islamicity.com or if you are a forum's member you can use the report button.

Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com

Advertisement:



Sponsored by:
Islamicity Membership Program:
IslamiCity Donation Program  http://www.islamicity.com/Donate
IslamiCity Arabic eLearning http://www.islamiCity.com/ArabAcademy
Complete Domain & Hosting Solutions www.icDomain.com
Home for Muslim Tunes www.icTunes.com
Islamic Video Collections www.islamiTV.com
IslamiCity Marriage Site www.icMarriage.com