Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: A non practsing gay Post Reply Post New Topic
Johndow
Male Islam
Starter
Starter

Online Status: Offline
Quote Johndow Replybullet Topic: A non practsing gay
    Posted: 25 January 2010 at 8:24am
What is Islamic view on man who cannot love a woman n hence cannot bring himself into marriage as he is a homosexual even though he has not committed any carnal pleasure with another human? Does he has Allah mercy for his jihad against his desire for man or will he be condemned as the prophet pbuh has mentioned that among those who refuse to get married does not belong to his ummah?
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2010 at 6:55pm
The admonition of the Prophet with respect to marriage was addressing those who sought closeness to Allah through extreme measures such as not marrying or fasting continuously.  The Prophet, who was the best example and most fearing of Allah, married -  therefore his sunnah is to marry.  This does not mean if one doesn't marry they are condemned.  Ibn Taymiyya never married and likely many others had, and will have extenuating circumstances preventing them from marriage. 

We are not held accountable for our thoughts unless they become action.  Thinking of alcohol doesn't make you a drunk, and desiring a man doesn't make you homosexual.  The essence of fearing Allah is jihad against our desires (patience) and certainly you will are rewarded for this. 

Edited by abuayisha - 25 January 2010 at 6:56pm
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 26 January 2010 at 4:04am
The greatest Jihad is the Jihad against ones own Nafs and desires . . .  and Jihad is a very reward-worthy act. Smile. May Allah help that man.

Edited by Chrysalis - 26 January 2010 at 4:05am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
IP IP Logged
Hayfa
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Hayfa Replybullet Posted: 26 January 2010 at 10:44am
Asalam Alaikum,

I was listening to a lecture regarding marriage and there are absolutely times we are ordered NOT to marry.  I don't remember them exactly. But you could discuss it further with a scholar.

Welcome to the Forum
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
IP IP Logged
Shema
Male Islam

Quote Shema Replybullet Posted: 01 February 2010 at 2:55pm
the greatest jihad...this hadeeth has been rendered fabricated by Albany so pls dont quote it again.
it was formed by those lazy sufis who were scared of jihad
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2010 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Johndow

What is Islamic view on man who cannot love a woman n hence cannot bring himself into marriage as he is a homosexual even though he has not committed any carnal pleasure with another human? Does he has Allah mercy for his jihad against his desire for man or will he be condemned as the prophet pbuh has mentioned that among those who refuse to get married does not belong to his ummah?

Hi "Johndow"
as long as you don't commit or intend to commit what Allah has forbidden, be in bed with another man, and fight against that desire, you are on the right path. As far as you "cannot love" a woman: If it is only due to your lack of desire, can be worked through some kind of counseling and medical help. If it is due to physical incapabilities it can still be worked out. In this age and time there is all sort of medical help available and you must seek it. When we strive toward doing what is right, Allah is happy with us. When we give up and follow the easy course and our own desires, it only increases evidence against ourself.
May Allah help you in your struggle toward what is right.
Hasan

39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
martha

Senior  Member

Quote martha Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2010 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Shema

the greatest jihad...this hadeeth has been rendered fabricated by Albany so pls dont quote it again.
it was formed by those lazy sufis who were scared of jihad

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
IP IP Logged
Gibbs

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Gibbs Replybullet Posted: 25 February 2010 at 12:10pm
"desiring a man doesn't make you homosexual."

This is faulty logic....no offense.....

The brain is our most powerful tool. I agree according to society and societal laws nothing is concrete unless actions exist. But flipping this what about Muhammad? If Muhammad had the (what I would call the psychological experience) of revelation how can we conclude he was a prophet? Ok I know there are those who state that he performed "actual miracles" but my point is that actions doesn't always necessitate everything.

If this person contains homosexual feelings all the while is maintaining their religious convictions I don't see why this person by definition is not homosexual. By definition I'm not talking about Webster's dictionary (as some of you use as a standard of truth), I'm referring to internal feelings or biochemical reactions in the body. If the above italic is true then unmarried men who are sexually attracted to women are not heterosexuals either.

Edited by Gibbs - 25 February 2010 at 12:11pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version