Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue  
Message Icon Topic: Is the Bible Still the Word of God? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 02 February 2014 at 5:00am
I'd like to jump in here and ask "Is the holy spirit still with you when you go to the toilet or when you are making love with your wife, or does he take a break when you do these things?".
IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 03 February 2014 at 1:37pm
Seems like you took a break from the forum or the holy spirit took a break from you Neil, hope it comes back so you can get those answers.
May God guide those who are misguided and perceive it not.
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote 1914 Replybullet Posted: 05 February 2014 at 5:22pm

Originally posted by mutakallim

This begins from the book of Genesis down to Malachi. Then begins the next phase of what is described as the New Testament. Whatever is in there contradicts what is revealed previously in the question of the Lord having a son. Muhammad confirmed the belief of those who denied that.

con·tra·dic·tion

ˌkäntrəˈdikSHən/

noun

noun: contradiction; plural noun: contradictions

1.     a combination of statements, ideas, or features of a situation that are opposed to one another.

From Genesis to Malachi God is spoken of as a heavenly father. Is Allah?

From Genesis to Malachi all the prophets were Hebrew. Was Muhammad?

From Genesis to Malachi the Nation of Israel performed sacrifices. Do Muslims?

From Genesis to Malachi the Jews believe in the Torah? Does Islam?

From Genesis to Malachi the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob called their God YHWH - Hebrew. Does the Quran?  

I could go, the Judeo-Christians who wrote what we have today, called The New Testament believed and accepted those same practices, not Muslims. Seems to me then it is the Quran that has contradicted/opposed Genesis to Malachi not the NT. In fact, the NT agrees with the OT in its entirety. Does the Quran? Can any Muslim answer yes to any one of these questions? If you provide no answer, how could Muhammad and his Quran confirm anything?

Edited by 1914 - 05 February 2014 at 5:24pm
IP IP Logged
mutakallim
Male Islam

Quote mutakallim Replybullet Posted: 07 February 2014 at 12:36am
Salaam Newbie.

The answers are:

Understand: I understand the meaning of 'Father' (and not father) given in Wikipedia to be the Arabic form  of Allah. The Father-Son relationship is only in those who called themselves Christians of all civilizations.

Understand: Are you saying Adam was a Hebrew?

Understand: The first human being to perform sacrifice were the sons of Adam Abel and Cain. Every prophet performed sacrifice in the manner commanded by his Lord. We do not contend to the sacrifice of Abraham on Isaac, but that the sacrifice he performed on Ishmael is still practiced by the followers of the faith. Everything on it is recorded.

Understand: The followers of Muhammad believe in the Torah more than the Jews. The followers of Muhammad believe that Jerusalem was the land promised to the then Children of Israel but only on the condition they obey the Lord of the universe. This stands today. Those who saw the Promise land were the ones who obeyed the Lord. Even Moses could not despite his innocence. If the present progeny of the Children of Israel will assist in establishing the caliphate they will have all that they aspire on Jerusalem. But they do not believe in the Torah and hence prefer to deal with heathens as was done by their ancestors. The Torah taught that there cannot be salvation without a leader accepted and in communion with the Lord.

From Genesis to Malachi the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob called their God YHWH - Hebrew. Does the Qur'an? 

Understand: There is no where in the Qur'an YHWH is rejected as the G-d and L-rd of the universe.

Newbie! There is difference between Judaism and Christianity. I do not understand the Torah to be the contextual Bible, because the Jews do not believe in Jesus son of Maryam. So let us respect each group and deal with them independently. That is what Muhammad did. You better understand that you are not in a position to understand the Qur'an because you do not study it in the manner it is to be studied. It is what is responsible for the chasms in the Muslim followers of Muhammad and the sufferings 99.9% of the world population are experiencing. What I say on the Torah and the New Testament is the Greek-Latin translation and not the original Aramaic or Hebrew text. So, there is a difference, What I say from Qur'an is from its original text and I am able to understand it. Please let us be more civilized.

Mutakallim

IP IP Logged
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote 1914 Replybullet Posted: 08 February 2014 at 7:12pm

Originally posted by 1914

From Genesis to Malachi the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob called their God YHWH - Hebrew. Does the Quran?

Since ‘mutakallim’ answered NO to ALL five of the questions, it is Islam and the Quran that has contradicted the Torah NOT the New Testament. In the Torah the Mosaic Law was followed which Muslims do not follow

Originally posted by mutakallim

] I do not understand the Torah to be the contextual Bible, because the Jews do not believe in Jesus son of Maryam.

The Judo Christians who wrote the New Testament did believe in Jesus son of Mary, it is Muslims that doesn’t.  The thousands of Jews who accepted and followed The Christ believed him. In fact, the Jews were in expectation of the Christ, remember? Why else were they in expectation of him? According to the Torah , the Law and the Psalms he was to arrive in 29 C.E. according to calculation and he arrived exactly as expected.

Luke 3:15  Now the people were in expectation and all of them were reasoning in their hearts about John, “May he perhaps be the Christ?”

John 4:29, 30  Now the people were in expectation and all of them were reasoning in their hearts about John, “May he perhaps be the Christ?”

Like you, I do not understand the Quran to be the contextual word of God because Islam do not believe in Jesus as the son of God.

It is Islam and the Quran that has contradicted the Torah NOT the New Testament as I have just shown.

Peace

IP IP Logged
mutakallim
Male Islam

Quote mutakallim Replybullet Posted: 10 February 2014 at 1:55am
Salaam Newbie.

Since we have different sources of literature - historical- we must look for an authority telling the truth. As far as I know, from the literature available to me, the conflict was between so called 'Christianity' and original Judaism. Judaism and its final print in the Qur'an was never a product of the Greeko-Latin language. I have set with the Jews that I look as the Children of Israel described and praised by Muhammad more than what is in the Greeko-Latin translation. That encounter has been described in www//sbpra.com/allamadrsanisalihmustapha. I know of the financial crunch in Europe and West, and many cannot afford to read such books. But it is only fair and civilize to always look and seek for the truth. That is the adage of Jesus son of Maryam - ASK-SEARCH-KNOCK.
Finally, Muhammad was not sent to engage in deliberations going on in this forum and other forums. The Principal reason for sending him is to ask the then Levite about what Allah sent before him. Let us respect and then deny what is historical. Muhammad lived with the only Levite of the Jewish tribal organizations and the discourses between him and them is documented despite its oft misunderstanding. Now, you are rejecting this. What is the sense of you talking on what you do not know and hence cannot understand lest to believe?
Probably,  if this forum will ask for about $500 fees for registration few will be able to participate.

Mutakallim.

IP IP Logged
honeto

Senior  Member

Quote honeto Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2014 at 6:52pm
Neil,
no answer yet? Seems like the holy spirit took a long leave from you, or you were just...........!!
Hasan
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"
IP IP Logged
mutakallim
Male Islam

Quote mutakallim Replybullet Posted: 11 February 2014 at 9:28pm
Salaam Honeto.

Most of those yet to study the Torah and the Injeel think that Muhammad is a joker or that he explains the Torah and the Injeel as a joke and mere play. I think for all these years the moderators should fix strict rules for the members. They should understand that the followers of Muhammad are not like the Levite, who have to read the Torah alone. The Arabs have no monopoly on the Qur'an and breaking this monopo1y is one of the conditions of getting Jerusalem back to them.

Mutakallim.  
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version