Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Is the Bible Still the Word of God? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote 1914 Replybullet Posted: 27 August 2013 at 8:29am
How do you know those seeds existed then and in that area, what proof do you have? Besides, if they did, don't you think they had enough since not to eat them?

Is it ok to smoke tobacco or a marijuana plant if it's a drug that is known to do harm to the body?

My last question, why did no other prophet say the Torah (Law) was incorrect or tampered with? They spoke in favor of the Torah.
IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 29 August 2013 at 10:03am

Its a fact internet botany books U can find these plants even in ur surroundings,moreover smoking tobacco or marijuana is not ok,at least I will always discourage this act.

IP IP Logged
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote 1914 Replybullet Posted: 30 August 2013 at 6:55am
You provided no source or proof to back up your statement.

Besides, none of the prophets said the Torah (Law) was incorrect or tampered with, not even Jesus or his Apostles. They all spoke in favor of the Torah. That's all that matters, right?
IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 02 September 2013 at 7:22am
in terms of poisonous plants I don't need to provide any source or proof that U can find even in elementary science books,moreover we Muslims believe that there were several revelations revealed before Qur'an but those revelations were only for a particular period of time and group of people,till the judgement day we have to follow Qur'an n last messenger Prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh),I believe in torah because it was revealed to Prophet Moses(pbuh) but I follow teachings of Qur'an,every Muslim has to believe in torah because believing in books of Allah is one of the six pillars of faith,faith will lead to paradise,as Allah mentions in ch 103 v 1-3-with token of time man is in state of loss except those who have faith,righteous deeds,resorting people to truth,resorting people to patience and perserverance.
IP IP Logged
iec786

Quote iec786 Replybullet Posted: 07 September 2013 at 11:59am
The Bible is damaged beyond fixing.This book has been tempered with and these errors are so serious that they had to revise it.In the revision it is impossible to repair.
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by iec786

The Bible is damaged beyond fixing.This book has been tempered with and these errors are so serious that they had to revise it.In the revision it is impossible to repair.

Greetings iec,

If you want to believe that you can, or you can read it and know Truth for yourself.  Any truth from the quran is there in the Bible.

Anyway, I fear that you may soon be correct.  If one is to know the Word of God they will, must reads, the old texts.  We are now in the end times, as I have heard that alterations are now being made to the the Word of God in order to accommodate islam.
and God has been clear;

Deut. 4:2 “You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take anything from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:5-6 “Every word of God is pure; he is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.”

Revelation 22:18-19 “For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”

Numbers 23:19  God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.

In many places, it is warned in the Bible, against changing the Word of God.

We are entered into the times of great deception... deception has descended upon the world and is engulfing it in darkness.

Salaam,

Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 09 September 2013 at 1:58pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
iec786

Quote iec786 Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2013 at 10:44am
Hi Caringheart,Hope you well.
You see if we take the Bible as we see it today you have to admit that there are so many errors in it,for example:
8. CONTRADICTIONS : In the Bible -
(a) The "Lord" tempted David . . . 2 SAMUEL 24:1
or "Satan" provoked David . . . 1 CHRONICLES 21:1
(b) 700 or 7000? "Horsemen" or "Footmen" . . .? 2 SAMUEL 10:18 vs 1
CHRONICLES 19:18
(c) Solomon had 2000 baths or 3000 baths? 1 KINGS 7:26 vs 2
CHRONICLES 4:5
(d) Solomon had 4000 stalls of horses or 40000? 2 CHRONICLES 9:25 vs
1 KINGS 4:26
(e) Did Saul enquire of the Lord or didn't he? 1 SAMUEL 28:6 vs 1
CHRONICLES 10:13-14
(f) Heaven, no man hath ascended JOHN 3:13
Contradicted by: 2 KINGS 2:11 Elijah ascended, and GENESIS 5:24
Enoch ascended.
(g) Jesus lost "None" of his disciples JOHN 18:9
Contradicted by: He lost only "One" JOHN 17:12

Now the acid test.

Revelation 22:18-19 “For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”

You need to apply this to the authors of the Bible,are you willing to??????
Peace to you
Ismail.
IP IP Logged
Placid
Male Christian

Quote Placid Replybullet Posted: 21 November 2013 at 5:03am
Hi iec,

The discrepancies in the OT are of dates, numbers and places, and make no difference to the history of Noah, Abraham and Moses, who are recorded in the Quran about the same as in the OT.
These OT verses you mention have nothing to do with the prophecies that are fulfilled in the NT, --- I wonder, have you studied these Books and found these, or would you have ‘copy and pasted’ it from some other critic? --- So it is not worth the time it check them. --- However, if you want to pursue it, then find a Jewish fellow to answer what is in the OT.
--- The NT is where things were fulfilled and since Gabriel ‘confirmed’ the Torah and Gospel as true, in the Quran, --- then that is authoritative enough, is it not?

(g) Jesus lost "None" of his disciples JOHN 18:9
Contradicted by: He lost only "One" JOHN 17:12

Response: --- Because it said earlier that Judas was a thief, and then he betrayed Jesus, he was really never one of the Apostles, though he was numbered with them. It suggests that Judas had a different agenda. He was a disciple and could have been converted, but it seemed He was expecting Jesus would set up an earthly kingdom to overthrow the Roman Government.
It seemed that it was after this, --- “From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.”
--- When Judas realized that Jesus was not talking about an earthly kingdom where the disciples would become rulers in the new Government, --- He may have asked himself, “What is in it for me?”

--- It says this, “Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew near, which is called Passover. 2 And the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might kill Him, for they feared the people.
3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve. 4 So he went his way and conferred with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them. 5 And they were glad, and agreed to give him money. 6 So he promised and sought opportunity to betray Him to them in the absence of the multitude.
--- So, under the cover of darkness, it says in John 18:
3 Then Judas, having received a detachment of troops, and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns, torches, and weapons. 4 Jesus therefore, knowing all things that would come upon Him, went forward and said to them, “Whom are you seeking?”
5 They answered Him, “Jesus of Nazareth.”
Jesus said to them, “I am He.” And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them.
8 Jesus answered, “I have told you that I am He. Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,” 9 that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, “Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none.”
--- So this fulfilled a prophecy that said, ‘one of His disciples would betray Him,’ --- and notice the wording, “Of those WHOM YOU (God) GAVE ME.” --- So Judas was not one ‘chosen of God,’ though up until that time he was numbered with them.

Quote: Now the acid test.

Response: --- The Book of Revelation is a Book of prophecies that are being fulfilled as life on earth goes on. --- Some have professed to understand it from their point of view and they have written Books without the discernment of the Holy Spirit of God. --- The Revelation is not written in chronological order but covers history from Genesis through to the present day and beyond. It is full of symbolism that makes it a sequel to the Book of Daniel.

If you read it properly you will see that it says in two places, “the words of the PROPHECY of this book.” --- It refers to the ‘End Time Prophecy’ in the Revelation.

It is to warn critics and false teachers not to tamper with it because they will bring judgment on themselves.
--- This can be a warning for any part of the Bible as well, so critics should be aware that God is watching and recording whatever you do and say against His word.

Placid
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version