Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Is the Bible Still the Word of God? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
divinny

Starter.
Starter.

Online Status: Offline
Quote divinny Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2013 at 12:23am
Some words in Bible and Al-quran are the same
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2013 at 3:09pm
I really see the qur'an as repeating or sharing much of the earlier scriptures in the way that Muhammad understood.

79:26 Lo! herein is indeed a lesson for him who feareth.    
79:27 Are ye the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built ?     Which was created first, heaven or earth?
79:28 He raised the height thereof and ordered it;    
79:29 And He made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morn thereof.    
79:30 And after that He spread the earth,     (79:30) "He spread the earth."
The earth is flat according to the Quran.
79:31 And produced therefrom the water thereof and the pasture thereof,
79:32 And He made fast the hills,    
79:33 A provision for you and for your cattle.

This is reminiscent of the words that God spoke to Job.

79:42 They ask thee of the Hour: when will it come to port ?    
79:43 Why (ask they) ? What hast thou to tell thereof ?    
79:44 Unto thy Lord belongeth (knowledge of) the term thereof.

This is reminiscent of the words Yahshua spoke to His disciples when they asked when would be the final day, the final hour.

Edited by Caringheart - 08 August 2013 at 3:15pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 08 August 2013 at 4:19pm
There is also this, which I just now stumbled across in the book of Isaiah.

11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

What better way to confound the wise but to send Yahshua.

Edited by Caringheart - 08 August 2013 at 4:25pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
submitter

Starter.
Starter.

Quote submitter Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2013 at 10:21am
False teaching of Roman Church noticeable in early 2nd century; heavily influenced by Paul-ine doctrine that Jesus have a rather 'special' Father as compared to the 'typical' Father mentioned by Prophet Isaiah and Prophet David.

~~
The Romans of 4th century introduced the ideology of baptizing in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

They added those words onto Matthew 28:19 and 1John 5:7. No Romans of 2nd century have quoted these verses before.

Infact, early Roman Church Fathers believed that there is only One Father the creator, creating all beings including God Son and Holy Spirit.

Clearly, they do not belief in Triune concept as the three entities were never equally exist in oneness.
IP IP Logged
Experiential

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Experiential Replybullet Posted: 16 August 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by submitter

False teaching of Roman Church noticeable in early 2nd century; heavily influenced by Paul-ine doctrine that Jesus have a rather 'special' Father as compared to the 'typical' Father mentioned by Prophet Isaiah and Prophet David.

~~
The Romans of 4th century introduced the ideology of baptizing in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

They added those words onto Matthew 28:19 and 1John 5:7. No Romans of 2nd century have quoted these verses before.

Infact, early Roman Church Fathers believed that there is only One Father the creator, creating all beings including God Son and Holy Spirit.

Clearly, they do not belief in Triune concept as the three entities were never equally exist in oneness.

Hello Submitter

Paul wrote at the time of Jesus and said the same things as other Christian leaders at the time - Peter, James and John. This was long before the 2nd Century.

Also what false teachers and false teaching from the 2nd century are you talking about?

Baptising in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit happened right from the beginning of the Church.

Who added Matthew 28:19 and 1John 5:7 ? Also why did they do this and when? No Muslim can ever come up with a good answer to this.

Please tell us which Church fathers believed that there is only One Father the creator, creating all beings including God Son and Holy Spirit?

Christians believe in only One God Submitter.

Edited by Experiential - 16 August 2013 at 10:09pm
IP IP Logged
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote 1914 Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Caringheart

I really see the qur'an as repeating or sharing much of the earlier scriptures in the way that Muhammad understood.

I agree, although I don't think Muhammad's current followers agree with the Gospel. 

Edited by 1914 - 03 September 2013 at 6:40am
IP IP Logged
NABA
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote NABA Replybullet Posted: 19 August 2013 at 7:18am
book of genesis ch 1 v 29-it mentions that God permitted mankind to eat all seeds and fruit bearing plants.today we know that there are several poisonous seed and fruits bearing plants such as rosary pea,dhatura etc.how come God does not about this(nosbillah),therefore if U take this verse in observation bible cannot b word of God.Allah in Qur'an in ch 5 v 90-Don't intoxicate your body,b away from blood,flesh of swine,buddhparasthi these are all deceptions of Satan,stay away from them so that U become successful.
IP IP Logged
The LastProphet

Starter.
Starter.

Quote The LastProphet Replybullet Posted: 25 August 2013 at 9:38pm
All biblical texts were put in writing so that mankind could find God, Allah.  Yet, words and their meanings change over time.  what a word meant when originally used , may not have the same meaning today.
To further complicate matters, when someone translates ... they use their own judgement on what each word meant.  All the biblical texts have value,  but one should not place one above the other.  They were there to help us find our way to Him.  One does not make the other obsolete.
The rule of thumb is... if you can find it in one text ... it will be in another.  God made sure all points He wanted to get across to us was repeated numerous times.  If you cannot validate what you say by the biblical texts.... then you are not using the Word of God.
All biblical texts have been corrupted to some extent or another.  but when one reads them all..... all parallels can be found and the truth of God shines through.
blessings.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 27 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version