Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Comments & Complaints
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Comments & Complaints
Message Icon Topic: To Sisters on this Forum Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Topic: To Sisters on this Forum
    Posted: 15 July 2009 at 12:54pm
Assalamu alaikum,

In the past I have posted a few comments in the "Sisters/Women" section and the thought occured to me; maybe men should not, therefore I have refrained from doing so.  What is your feelings about men posting or commenting in this section?  I have noticed that on a few occasions someone will request a response from only women or indicate sensitivity or embarssement concerning their topic and really do not desire men to even read the post (surely other brothers read it anyway, but not meSmile).  Anyway, at times I do have comments that I feel could add to the discussion and just wanted to know your feelings.
IP IP Logged
Pati
Female Christian

Quote Pati Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2009 at 1:11pm
By my side, it's ok to receive the point of view of a man in differents discussions, because sometimes the problems between us (men and women) becomes only from missunderstandings.

If I were you, I would take the risk of entering the "women's world!" LOL

Really, I think it may be positive if we can share different thinkings and arrive to common points of view, and maybe that would help us to improve in our knwledge about the others... who knows?

Salams,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2009 at 6:57pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Am strictly against brothers entering into sisters section and sisters at brothers. Why are then different section ! Moreover its an Islamic forum, lets maintain Islamic ettiquettes. Sisters must be posting at relevant section so that brothers shud not read, else we have "general discussion" section and other open sections.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
semar

Quote semar Replybullet Posted: 15 July 2009 at 7:28pm
Salam,

I agree with seek. If we want to both brother and sister to give comment just post it in "family matter" or "general forum".
Salam/Peace,
Semar
The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full"
"1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:34pm

is there not a setion now that is only for sisters.

this has been brought up in the past and some women don't mind the men being involved as it gives another perspective. If someone request only sisters to respond then usually that is enough.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Full of Hopes
Female Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Full of Hopes Replybullet Posted: 09 August 2009 at 11:13am
   Asslamu Alikum,
    For me, I am not very strict with that if it is necessary because even in Islam a woman can talk to men directly if that is needed for her life (Dunia) or (Ukhra). Besides, sometimes with some topics if I were a man and I know something in the religion which might answer the member's question I would try to help.
That is not bothering in my opinion because in our religion the women even in Prophet's , peace be upon him, time used to ask him or any other man about any problem and they don't even feel shy with the embarrassing topics.
   This is just what I think. I don't agree with men sneaking to know women's special problems but with men looking for a woman who needs help.
I know you may find my opinion strange because I am from Saudi Arabia and Madinah. We are completely separated from men. But I hope you don't misunderstand me.

Edited by Full of Hopes - 09 August 2009 at 9:22pm
And whoever seeks a religion other than Islâm, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
IP IP Logged
Suleyman

Senior  Member

Quote Suleyman Replybullet Posted: 09 September 2009 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by abuayisha

Assalamu alaikum,

In the past I have posted a few comments in the "Sisters/Women" section and the thought occured to me; maybe men should not, therefore I have refrained from doing so.  What is your feelings about men posting or commenting in this section?  I have noticed that on a few occasions someone will request a response from only women or indicate sensitivity or embarssement concerning their topic and really do not desire men to even read the post (surely other brothers read it anyway, but not meSmile).  Anyway, at times I do have comments that I feel could add to the discussion and just wanted to know your feelings.

Brother,this is not problem i allways trust you as a brother in Islam,your writing inside women's  do not disturb me..from me, feel free to do...

Your sister in Islam....
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 10 September 2009 at 8:49am
As'sallamualaikum all,

I don't mind brothers posting in the sister's section. Unless ofcourse the topic specifically states 'for sisters only' or asks brothers to stay away.

Infact - i think a public forum is a good way to maintain islamic ettiquette yet still gain insight from Brothers. Think about it - would we get a chance to get an insight from brothers on certain issues face-to-face?

So I think brothers that have certain comments/insight/advise should post them . . . unless ofcourse the topic specifically asks them to stay away. I for one value thier contribution, like Bro AbuAysha for example. :) (addressing 'only' him here, cz he started the thread :p )

Edited by Chrysalis - 25 January 2010 at 8:17am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version