Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Islamic Matter
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : General Islamic Matter
Message Icon Topic: Let's Try Part 4 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Online Status: Offline
Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 14 November 2009 at 7:12pm
As Salamu Alaikum,

Yes brother, thats the answer. JazakAllah, Here i would paste it in bit detail

There is an unforgettable story involving Abdullah ibn Jahsh and his friend Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas concerning an incident that took place during the Battle of Uhud. Let us leave Sa'd to tell the story:

During the battle, Abdullah came to me and said, "Aren't you making a dua to God?"

"Yes," said I. So we moved aside and I prayed, "O Lord, when I meet the enemy, let me meet a man of enormous strength and fury. Then grant me victory over him that I might kill him and acquire spoils from him." 

To this my prayer, Abdullah said Ameen and then he prayed:

"LET ME MEET A MAN OF GREAT STANDING AND ENORMOUS FURY. I SHALL FIGHT HIM FOR YOUR SAKE, O LORD, AND HE SHALL FIGHT ME. HE SHALL TAKE ME AND CUT OFF MY NOSE AND EARS AND WHEN I MEET YOU ON THE MORROW YOU WILL SAY, "FOR WHAT WERE YOUR NOSE AND EAR CUT OFF?" AND I WOULD REPLY, "FOR YOUR SAKE AND FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR PROPHET." {SubhanAllah !}

AND THEN YOU WOULD SAY, "YOU HAVE SPOKEN THE TRUTH . . ."

Sa'd continues the story:

The prayer of Abdullah ibn Jahsh was better than mine. I saw him at the end of the day. He was killed and mutilated and in fact his nose and his ear were hung on a tree with a thread.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 14 November 2009 at 7:17pm

Next Question

What's the importance of "Riaz-ul-Jannah's carpet" for we muslims?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 14 November 2009 at 10:25pm

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

The area between my house and my minbar is one of the gardens (riyaad, sing. rawdah) of Paradise, and my minbar is on my cistern (hawd)” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1196; Muslim, 1391.

And it was narrated that Yazeed ibn Abi ‘Ubayd said:

“I used to come with Salamah ibn al-Akwa’ and he would pray by the pillar which was by the mus-haf, i.e. in the Rawdah. I said, ‘O Abu Muslim, I see that you are keen to pray by this pillar!’ He said, ‘I saw that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was keen to pray here.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 502; Muslim, 509.

Being keen to pray in al-Rawdah does not justify being aggressive towards people or pushing the weak aside, or stepping over their necks.

IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2009 at 3:11am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

JazakAllahu khayr brother. And its important to note the last line of yours.

I checked it the day you posted,but had no question.

Next Question

Who was the first "Amir-ul-Hajj" of history of Islam ?

Edited by seekshidayath - 16 November 2009 at 3:13am
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

Quote Chrysalis Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:55am
Wa'alaikum salaam wa Rahmatullah,

I "think" the answer is Prophet Muhammad (saw). . . he was the first "Amir ul Hajj" in history of Islam . . .

Sorry, been away for some time. Hopefully inshAllah will be more regular now that am free.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
IP IP Logged
Saladin
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Saladin Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2009 at 10:21am
I think its Abubakr as Siddiq.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Online Status: Online
Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2009 at 7:10pm

Abu Bakr as Amir-ul-Haj

The first Amir-ul-Haj. In 631 C.E., the Holy Prophet sent from Madina a delegation of three hundred Muslims to perform the Haj according to the new Islamic way. Abu Bakr was appointed as the leader of the delegates. Abu Bakr had thus the honor of being the first Amir-ul-Haj in the history of Islam.

Ali. Some time after Abu Bakr and his party had left for the Haj, the Holy Prophet received revelation about the regulation of the Haj, and the ordering of relationship with the infidels. It is related that when the revelation came, some one suggested to the Holy Prophet that he should send news of it to Abu Bakr. The Holy Prophet said that a man of his own house was to proclaim the revelation. The Holy Prophet summoned Ali, and commissioned him to proclaim the revealed verses to the people on the day of sacrifice when they were assembled at Mina. Ali went forth on the Holy Prophet's slit-eared camel, and overtook Abu Bakr and his party. When Ali joined the party, Abu Bakr wanted to know whether he had come to give orders or to convey them. Ali said that he had not come to replace Abu Bakr as Amir-ul-Haj, and that his only mission was to convey a special message to the people on behalf of the Holy Prophet.

The proclamation. At Makkah, Abu Bakr presided at the Haj ceremony, and Ali read the proclamation on behalf of the Holy Prophet. The main points of the proclamation were: 
  1. Henceforward the non-Muslims were not to be allowed to visit the Ka'aba or perform the pilgrimage. 
  2. No one was to be allowed to circumambulate the Ka'aba naked. 
  3. Polytheism was not to be tolerated. Where the Muslims had any agreements with the polytheists such agreements were to be honored for the stipulated periods. Where there were no agreements, a grace period of four months was to be given, and thereafter no quarter was to be given to the polytheists.
IP IP Logged
seekshidayath
Female Islam

Quote seekshidayath Replybullet Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:49pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

That was very detailed answer, brother {Abu Ayisha}. You have been taking intrest in answering questions all these days, JazakAllahu khayran katheer.

Br. Saladin you guessed right. May Allah reward you and sis Chrysallis for answering the question

Next question

What shud a person who intends to offer a sacrifice in this month {Dhul-Hijjah}, do ?

Insha Allah, your answer may be educative , reminder and rewarding for most of us

Edited by seekshidayath - 17 November 2009 at 5:51pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version